<Theorycraft> [EU] 8/8 BWL, 5/6 WB, 5/5 FB is recruiting!

Guilds information & recruitment - For the King !

<Theorycraft> [EU] 8/8 BWL, 5/6 WB, 5/5 FB is recruiting!

by Istaria » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:51 am

Hey all and thank you for showing interest toward our Semi-Hardcore guild!

Theorycraft was formed at the very end of the original retail Vanilla and has been going strong since then (mostly outside of WoW as a community). We rolled on Nostalrius a week or two after the launch with a handful of our previous core members and have been working on rebuilding the guild to its former glory since then. It has been one hell of a task, but we're almost where we want to be once again!

This being said, it is important to note that we haven't got an extensive private server background. We're actually still learning / remembering how to smooth the edges of Vanilla and how to work from there. I feel like the guild is most suited to players who haven't already done everything Vanilla has to offer a million times on different private servers, but both kinds are definitely welcome.

Our raid times are 18:30+ ST on Wednesdays and Sundays. Raid invites are at 18:20.

Our current progress is:
- Instanced Raid Bosses (4/4 instances clear): Onyxia, Ragnaros, Nefarian, Hakkar
- Outdoor Raid Bosses (5/6): Kazzak, Lethon, Emeriss, Ysondre, Taerar
- Horde Faction Bosses (5/5): Cairne, Sylvanas, Varimathras, Vol'jin, Thrall

Big shout out to our friends in NaCl, Blacklisted and Molten Core Swimteam (in no particular order) who make killing World Bosses possible! It's a very nice addition to the game and what you can do in it.

What do we expect from you, the recruit?
- a high raid attendance, signing up/out of raids before the raid day using our raid planner
- a proper raid spec (which may not be conventional if we need you for a specific role)
- full consumables (mostly supplied by the guild for a great discount)
- knowledge of your class, good awareness, proper binds (shift+keys etc)
- a humble, team-player, non-cancerous attitude. It's just a game, even if you are very good at it
- a healthy attitude towards loot (= just a tool to perform better with, not the goal of the game)

What are we like?
- No DKP, Loot Council which consists of the officers and core players will distribute items
- Relatively high 5 man dungeon activity for a raiding guild (we also speedrun these instances occasionally)
- Almost no PvP activity, very few PvP-oriented guys
- Semi-Hardcore. We expect you to squeeze everything you can out of your class but mistakes happen and we learn from them.
- Friendly. The community is very important for us. You are unlikely to get yelled at (very hard, anyway) :p

Our raiding philosophy is "maximum dps". We want our DPS guys to have a lot of fun while raiding, and this is possible by giving them all the tools to do big numbers with. This includes maximum armor penetration possible, feral druids and such for the melees, etc. We try to run with the absolute minimum possible amount of healers so that our healers have a lot to do and they can feel useful.
Outside the guild that exists in the game, we have a forum, raid planner, IRC channel and a TeamSpeak server. We also host a LAN event in Finland once or twice a year where current and past members can get together outside of the game and socialize while playing fun games and doing fun things.

Currently, our roster is in need of these classes:
- Warlocks (Medium)
- Mages (Medium)
- Rogues (Low)
- Hunters (Low)
- Moonkin (Low)

If you have any questions, feel free to message me (Shanyatral, Istaria, Dhalarina, Eowendyl) or any of our officers in-game or post on our forums. You can find them at http://forum.theorycraft.fi

We also sell a lot of loot (https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=18299) and run a Molten Core alt pickup group (http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36957)
Last edited by Istaria on Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 64 times in total.
Shanyatral / Istaria, Guild Master of <Theorycraft>
(and yes, these days I do stuff for Light's Hope - but never for Nostalrius / Elysium) .
Istaria
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: <Theorycraft> looking for more to join the family.

by Istaria » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:38 am

Would like to bump this.

We've recruited several good members from the server and things are generally looking good. Our new members have fit into the guild atmosphere very well and we're starting to have some of the old spirit from 2006 back in the guild. People are very generous and friendly, and instances get done smoothly MOST of the time.

We're not exactly yet ready to raid, but will get there shortly. I imagine we'll either have to go into the entry level raids undermanned, or do some joint raids with with another mid-size guild, but whichever it is, it's happening and I think we can pull it off.

We're especially looking for rogues and warlocks and maybe a holy paladin or two right now. Got a ton of warriors in the guild for some reason, but we're not turning even them away at this point since there's lots of room still.

Thank you for your consideration :)
(and yes, these days I do stuff for Light's Hope - but never for Nostalrius / Elysium) .
Istaria
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Murmur » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:52 pm

Hi Istaria,

I'm currently looking for a friendly guild. I've only just started out and am currently a mere L9 druid. I also started at the end of Vanilla and played through to WotLK, I've been back a few times since but failed to reconnect with the game, am loving Nostalrius though!

Whereabouts are you guys based? When you do start raiding, roughly what times will you be doing so? Only reason I ask is that I am from the UK so wouldn't be much use raiding with a West Cost guild :)

Thanks & good luck in your adventures!
Murmur
Tester

by Istaria » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:13 pm

Murmur wrote:Hi Istaria,

I'm currently looking for a friendly guild. I've only just started out and am currently a mere L9 druid. I also started at the end of Vanilla and played through to WotLK, I've been back a few times since but failed to reconnect with the game, am loving Nostalrius though!

Whereabouts are you guys based? When you do start raiding, roughly what times will you be doing so? Only reason I ask is that I am from the UK so wouldn't be much use raiding with a West Cost guild :)

Thanks & good luck in your adventures!

Good questions.

We're originally European. Around 50% of the guild was Finnish at the time. We still got a lot of Finns (and all of our officers are Finnish), but other nationalities are well represented as well. Lately we have recruited a bunch of North American guys and girls, and the ultimate plan is to have 2 raid groups with different time slots so that people can pick which they raid want to do (and the most hardcore can do both with 2 characters if that's their thing).

Our first raid start time is likely going to be something like 18 GMT but we haven't yet agreed on anything. Will probably have to discuss with our members and see what is most suitable for everyone. I think we'll start trying our luck in entry level raids as soon as we have about 20 able people. I'm unsure how many you exactly need to get something done but that's my first guess.
Istaria
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: <Theorycraft> - casual but efficient and full of knowled

by Istaria » Fri May 01, 2015 10:34 am

Updated to emphasize that we're pretty casual (even if we have some hardcore members too).

Also shameless bumped :P
Istaria
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Istaria » Wed May 20, 2015 9:09 am

Seeing as we have gotten several members from this forum, some of which fit in the guild extremely well, I feel like this should be bumped.

We're still not raid ready, but soon a whole bunch of our guys (some veterans as well) will be close to max level and things should pick up considerably.
Istaria
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Flaat » Thu May 21, 2015 10:19 am

I'm bumping our awesome guild, very friendly and helpful atmosphere all around. Lot's of good players and a very good officer team and gm!

If you are looking for a new home give us a try
Flaat
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Waab » Fri May 22, 2015 4:07 am

I am an Australian based player looking for a casual guild. Been around since the start of vanilla with experience in MC, BWL and AQ20. Only levelling at the moment and still quite low but interested in a helpful guild with no pressure. Who would be the appropriate person to whisper in game?
Waab
Tester

by Istaria » Fri May 22, 2015 8:10 am

Waab wrote:I am an Australian based player looking for a casual guild. Been around since the start of vanilla with experience in MC, BWL and AQ20. Only levelling at the moment and still quite low but interested in a helpful guild with no pressure. Who would be the appropriate person to whisper in game?

I would be.

I'm on either Shanyatral or Istaria.
Istaria
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by cerebration » Thu May 28, 2015 7:35 am

The guild seems really appealing to me. I'm looking forward to join you.
cerebration
Tester

Next

Return to Alliance guilds headquarters