Is this the class I'm looking for?

Is this the class I'm looking for?

by Xuluman » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:51 pm

I've played a lot of classes (up to level 10) but I'm always second-guessing myself and I can't get ahead.
Here is the list of things I need:
- Something to bailout when I screw up (Dying is NOT fun!)
|-> Heals preferred
- Very tanky
- Mobs die within 10-15 secs (when leveling)
- In PvP I'm a coward, need fear
- Being able to roflstomp when appropriate

I somewhat need a confirmation that this class is THE one I need to play. I'm already in doubt >.<
Xuluman
Tester

Re: Is this the class I'm looking for?

by Arev » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:08 pm

The closest thing to that would probably be a warlock. It is the only class with a spammable fear, has some self-healing, and has a pet that can tank some mobs for you.

If you really want to play a class that is very tanky, heal, roflstomp, and kill mobs in under 10 seconds when leveling, check out WoD :^)
Arevor - <Dankk Budz Collective>
Arev
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Botmaster5 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:23 pm

Arev wrote:If you really want to play a class that is very tanky, heal, roflstomp, and kill mobs in under 10 seconds when leveling, check out WoD :^)

or roll a feral druid
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bioness » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:53 pm

Xuluman wrote:- Mobs die within 10-15 secs (when leveling)

Yeah, that isn't going to happen with any class without ooming yourself or using all your cooldowns.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Thefilth » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:19 pm

Sounds more like a Mage imo.
Thefilth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by draxyl07 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:36 pm

- Something to bailout when I screw up (Dying is NOT fun!)
You don't have anything to bail out like a rogue's vanish or a hunter's feign death, but you do have a soulstone which you can cast on yourself which, should you die, allows you to resurrect yourself.

|-> Heals preferred
You have great self-healing through Siphon Life and Drain Life, as well as Health Funnel to keep your pet alive. Also health regen from armor buff.

- Very tanky
Voidwalker pet is great for tanking while soloing. Warlocks also have an armor buff that regens your health and gives you increased armor rating.

Not really a possibility in vanilla for any class, if you're fighting equal-level mobs.

- In PvP I'm a coward, need fear
You've got fear, howl of terror, and death coil.

- Being able to roflstomp when appropriate
Depends how good you become at the class. Destruction can be deadly in the right hands in PvP.
draxyl07
Tester

by Numi » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:10 am

Xuluman wrote:I've played a lot of classes (up to level 10) but I'm always second-guessing myself and I can't get ahead.

I somewhat need a confirmation that this class is THE one I need to play. I'm already in doubt >.<

Sadly, this isn't really something you'll be able to obtain in vanilla, but Warlocks are absolutely the class that can get you the closest to that, killing mobs in ~20 seconds, maintaining a 120-130 kill per hour rate for hours all the way from 20-60.

It's not easy and you'll die a lot trying to get those numbers before you learn it, but if that's what you want, stay with the warlock.
Numi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Warlock