Felheart 8-Piece Bonus and Life Tap -- Bugged or Not?

Felheart 8-Piece Bonus and Life Tap -- Bugged or Not?

by Vikterion » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:34 am

The Felheart 8-piece bonus reads, "Mana cost of Shadow spells reduced by 15%." At first glance, this would not appear to affect life tap's health cost because it is using health, not mana. However, before acquiring my full set, I had read that this bonus did apply to life tap, making the set very good for farming efficiently. But when I got the last piece of my set tonight, and tested it, the health cost of life tap is not being reduced.

Since I did not raid in classic, I don't know if this is actually a bug or not, and would appreciate feedback from warlocks that raided and had the set and remember one way or the other before I submit a bug report.

These are the sources I've read saying that it should reduce health cost of life tap:

http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/Felhe ... ment#Notes
The 8-set bonus that reduces mana cost of shadow spells is especially good for boss fights where a lot of mana is used. However, this bonus has a double effect: Life Tap will reduce 15% less health, while still giving the same amount of mana. The final result is that life converted to spells will provide 30% more spells in total because of this bonus. This will make the bonus much better than the Tier 3 Plagueheart Raiment 8-set bonus, that merely reduces health cost of Life Tap by 12%.

http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic/65 ... ntry142232
Well actually, the felheart set 8 pieces bonus reduces the cost of all shadow spells by 15% ... including, despite the "mana cost" wording, the cost of Life Tap.

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/thre ... age-4.html
Huh? 8 piece Plagueheart is -12% life cost on Life Tap. 8 piece Felheart is -15% cost on shadow spells which Life Tap qualifies as a shadow spell and get's the -15% health cost reduction. You would expect the 8 piece set bonus for the tier 3 to be better than the 8 piece set bonus for Tier 1 (which is not the case with Plagueheart vs. Felheart).

http://forums.evercrest.com/f/thread/1/ ... or_SM_ruin
Remember, you'll have improved lifetap and, if you can accumulate a full set of felheart, ANOTHER 15% lopped off the health cost of lifetap. That's mega mana regen.

360 life for 509 mana (Full felheart, 2/2 imp lifetap). LOVE.

The forum posts are all from 2006, not sure about the wowwiki entry though. Thanks in advance to anyone who knows more about this.
Vikterion
Private
Private

Re: Felheart 8-Piece Bonus and Life Tap -- Bugged or Not?

by Bioness » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:30 am

https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/t ... tracker=14

I searched and could not see it having been reported before.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Vikterion » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:21 pm

I searched and did not see it either, but I want to make sure it's actually a bug before I report it, since I don't have personal experience with it in classic.
Vikterion
Private
Private

by Bioness » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:42 pm

Considering no properly geared Warlock would be caught dead with that much tier 1 in raid other than for fun, I'm not sure you will find much information about it. Besides you have evidence enough that it should affect Life Tap and isn't.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Numi » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:00 pm

Bioness wrote:Considering no properly geared Warlock would be caught dead with that much tier 1 in raid other than for fun, I'm not sure you will find much information about it. Besides you have evidence enough that it should affect Life Tap and isn't.

It's pretty good for PvP though, where that 15% health cost on life tap is a bigger deal than in PvE.
Numi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by titsmcgeee » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:36 am

Numi wrote:It's pretty good for PvP though, where that 15% health cost on life tap is a bigger deal than in PvE.

no its not
titsmcgeee
Private
Private

by Aethelwulf » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:25 pm

In PvP, the cost of wearing 8piece Felheart drastically outweighs the benefit of extra mana efficiency and cheaper life taps.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Numi » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:13 am

Aethelwulf wrote:In PvP, the cost of wearing 8piece Felheart drastically outweighs the benefit of extra mana efficiency and cheaper life taps.

Sure, but if you're wearing 8 piece felheart you're probably not an avid PvPer, at which point you'll probably be lacking gear and Felheart is the best pvp kit you can get (because hp is king).
Numi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by titsmcgeee » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:23 pm

theres a couple pieces in pve that make 8/8 just not worth it. majordomo belt, nemesis pieces to name just a few. if thats the best you got, then sure felheart isnt terrible. but to itemize for the 8/8 for the bonus would be gimping yourself
titsmcgeee
Private
Private

Return to Warlock