Warlock Gear List (Updated for 1.8)

by Guybrush » Sat May 23, 2015 3:35 am

Spreadsheet

BiS Sets

How to use:

Make a copy

Green boxes are values you can modify.
Purple box is your expected DPS.

The value assigned to each piece will vary depending on your stats, talents and rotation.
You can enable your gear by entering a 1 in the first column. Talents buffs and rotation are customizable in the other tabs.

DPS calculations are based on Sixpack's spreadsheet on the feenix forums, with some fixes and modifications for accuracy.

Previous Patches:

Patch 1.2
Patch 1.3 (Dire Maul)
Patch 1.5 (Battlegrounds)
Patch 1.6 (Blackwing Lair)
Patch 1.7 (Zul'Gurub)
Last edited by Guybrush on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:34 am, edited 16 times in total.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: The Warlock BiS List

by Setup » Mon May 25, 2015 2:52 am

I crunched the hit vs. crit numbers a few years ago here:
http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/39621-warlock-gear-spreadsheet-theorycraft/

My own finding was that while crit is definitively better than hit, the difference is far more marginal than that fellow makes it out to be, and ultimately irrelevant due to the lack of itemization that would enable players to make meaningful choices between the two.

Furthermore, if you're a DPS glory whore, you'll want to go with HIT, since the extra damage from crits is distributed amongst the raid through your imp shadowbolt debuff, while your hit damage is solely attributed to you on the meters.

Oh, that post also contains a spreadsheet for all MC->Naxx content, with adjustable values to accomodate your current INT/HIT/CRIT, which increase or decrease in value depending on your current INT/HIT/CRIT.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Guybrush » Mon May 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Setup wrote:I crunched the hit vs. crit numbers a few years ago here:
http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/39621-warlock-gear-spreadsheet-theorycraft/

My own finding was that while crit is definitively better than hit, the difference is far more marginal than that fellow makes it out to be, and ultimately irrelevant due to the lack of itemization that would enable players to make meaningful choices between the two.

Furthermore, if you're a DPS glory whore, you'll want to go with HIT, since the extra damage from crits is distributed amongst the raid through your imp shadowbolt debuff, while your hit damage is solely attributed to you on the meters.

Oh, that post also contains a spreadsheet for all MC->Naxx content, with adjustable values to accomodate your current INT/HIT/CRIT, which increase or decrease in value depending on your current INT/HIT/CRIT.

Thanks I modified my spreadsheet to use those formulas instead. Decided to ignore the improved shadowbolt effect since the 8 slot cap makes it so unstable.
This returns some interesting results, like Witchblade being better than Azuresong and Fang of the Mystics.

Your spreadsheet link is broken btw.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Setup » Tue May 26, 2015 6:22 am

I guess you can only expect a random file host to keep your stuff up for so long.

Here's the re-up, for anyone who cares:
https://mega.co.nz/#!qdMXRQLD!HEeuMI4gHoennYDNpeniPHlnJoPQbCsqQ-cnWFEBTig

Oh, and it's an open document (.ods) spreadsheet, so you need excel or open office to use it. I'm not as considerate as Guybrush here.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Thefilth » Tue May 26, 2015 1:07 pm

The stats used in the document are messed up. Alot of the pieces available already get buffed with the DM patch, which is not included in the list currently.
Nemesis Leggings for instance will have 39 spelldamage and thereby be BIS. The epicPVP leggings will have 37.
The arathi basin reputation belt will (hopefully) also be available around the same time, as well as the upgraded belt from BRD, both of which are alot better than Belt of the Archmage.
Thefilth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guybrush » Tue May 26, 2015 2:23 pm

Thefilth wrote:The stats used in the document are messed up. Alot of the pieces available already get buffed with the DM patch, which is not included in the list currently.
Nemesis Leggings for instance will have 39 spelldamage and thereby be BIS. The epicPVP leggings will have 37.
The arathi basin reputation belt will (hopefully) also be available around the same time, as well as the upgraded belt from BRD, both of which are alot better than Belt of the Archmage.

Well yes, a lot of pieces will get better obviously. The purpose of the list is to show them with their current stats, as reported by the server right now.
I'll be updating it whenever the stats are upgraded.

The DM items are just there as a curiosity, since they can already be linked ingame.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ravni » Thu May 28, 2015 5:43 am

I've tested out Blade of Eternal Darkness pretty thoroughly - it has a flat 10% proc rate on direct damage spells, and gets a 42.8% spellpower coefficient, same as an instant or 1.5s cast (including any shadow dmg). It also gains normal bonuses from CoS, spriest debuff, and imp shadow bolt debuff (I think it consumes a charge, but not sure). Im pretty sure it cannot crit though, at least I haven't seen one after hundreds of procs. The mana gain is just flat 100 with no coefficient.

It can also proc on both the initial cast of dots & drain life as well as ticks, but this is at a much lower rate. I think maybe it's a 10% chance distributed across the cast + all ticks. It feels more like 1 or 2% per tick, but I haven't really tested. 10% proc rate on deathcoil; don't think it procs on drain soul at all.

Basically, with current bis gear, flask + both elixirs & wizard oil, it's worth the equivalent of ~37 spellpower + 20 mp5 for shadow bolts (or about 23 spellpower without any consumes).
Ravni
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Guybrush » Sat May 30, 2015 11:54 pm

Updated the list with all the DM loots! Was missing Oddly Magical Belt.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guybrush » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:14 am

Ravni wrote:I've tested out Blade of Eternal Darkness pretty thoroughly - it has a flat 10% proc rate on direct damage spells, and gets a 42.8% spellpower coefficient, same as an instant or 1.5s cast (including any shadow dmg). It also gains normal bonuses from CoS, spriest debuff, and imp shadow bolt debuff (I think it consumes a charge, but not sure). Im pretty sure it cannot crit though, at least I haven't seen one after hundreds of procs. The mana gain is just flat 100 with no coefficient.

It can also proc on both the initial cast of dots & drain life as well as ticks, but this is at a much lower rate. I think maybe it's a 10% chance distributed across the cast + all ticks. It feels more like 1 or 2% per tick, but I haven't really tested. 10% proc rate on deathcoil; don't think it procs on drain soul at all.

Basically, with current bis gear, flask + both elixirs & wizard oil, it's worth the equivalent of ~37 spellpower + 20 mp5 for shadow bolts (or about 23 spellpower without any consumes).

Just added DPS calculations to the spreadsheet, using your numbers for the Blade. It does turn out to be much better than every other weapon at the moment.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by nervous » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:50 pm

Guybrush wrote:Just added DPS calculations to the spreadsheet, using your numbers for the Blade. It does turn out to be much better than every other weapon at the moment.

Can confirm that this blade is d a n k memes after getting it on my 220th run
<GRIZZLY>
nervous
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Next

Return to Warlock