Warlock Gear List (Updated for 1.8)

Re: Warlock Gear List (Updated for 1.8)

by somecolours » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:46 pm

@Guybrush
If it is possible, can you also post the 1.6 and 1.7 BiS list as well?
somecolours
Grunt
Grunt

by Guybrush » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:23 am

somecolours wrote:@Guybrush

Patch 1.2

Patch 1.3 (Dire Maul)

Patch 1.5 (Battlegrounds)

Patch 1.6 (Blackwing Lair)

Patch 1.7 (Zul'Gurub)
Last edited by Guybrush on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by somecolours » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:32 am

Guybrush wrote:
somecolours wrote:@Guybrush

Patch 1.2

Patch 1.3

Patch 1.5

Patch 1.6

Patch 1.7

Thank you so much Guybrush, you are the man!
somecolours
Grunt
Grunt

by vinceyoung » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:54 pm

Was wondering shouldn't TOEP be only 5 casts? If you have 0 ping then it would be 15/2.5 = 6 casts, however doesn't latency with the server add slightly delay in cast time? Don't think I've ever gotten 6 casts off with toep when I tested it. Might just be me though.
vinceyoung
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Guybrush » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:38 pm

vinceyoung wrote:Was wondering shouldn't TOEP be only 5 casts? If you have 0 ping then it would be 15/2.5 = 6 casts, however doesn't latency with the server add slightly delay in cast time? Don't think I've ever gotten 6 casts off with toep when I tested it. Might just be me though.

Yeah I didnt include lag in the trinkets, maybe I should.

Those are tough to compare with the rest of the gear anyway, since it depends so much on fight duration and you can combine them with so many things: shadow vulns, power infusion, shadowburn, dots, etc.
The values are only good to compare with other "on use" trinkets.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by vinceyoung » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:34 pm

Yeah true, just saw that for the dream set if I change the number of casts to 5 it made eye of the beast gave a higher value for a 180 second fight.

But I guess if you add lag for trinkets it becomes kind of complicated since there's technically lag for all casts not just when you use the trinket.

I've seen some people do 175*15/Fight Duration, if fight duration is <15 then TOEP is basically worth the full 175 spellpower, if fight is 90 seconds its like a 29.167 spellpower trinket, otherwise it's between those two extremes.
vinceyoung
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Guybrush » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:14 am

vinceyoung wrote:Yeah true, just saw that for the dream set if I change the number of casts to 5 it made eye of the beast gave a higher value for a 180 second fight.

But I guess if you add lag for trinkets it becomes kind of complicated since there's technically lag for all casts not just when you use the trinket.

I've seen some people do 175*15/Fight Duration, if fight duration is <15 then TOEP is basically worth the full 175 spellpower, if fight is 90 seconds its like a 29.167 spellpower trinket, otherwise it's between those two extremes.

But how often will your fight be exactly 180 seconds? ToEP / ZHC will always be better unless the fight ends at the exact time the trinket comes off cooldown.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by vinceyoung » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:38 pm

Hmm looking at it again I feel like 5 casts is probably too low of an estimate. It is true you get 5 casts with toep but the rest of the spreadsheet assumes that shadowbolt is 2.5 cast time and the trinket value is based on the DPS during the fight (DPS/sp). I found that simply using trinket uptime * spellpower of the trinket gives you something inbetween the 5 and 6 cast estimate.

For example for a 75 second fight this would be 175*15/75 = 35
Using 5 casts with the spreadsheet I get TOEP has a value of 30
Using 6 casts with the spreadsheet I get TOEP has a value of 36.50

Anyway just noticed this so I thought I might mention it just in case you want to incorporate this in the spreadsheet. In the grand scheme of things it really doesn't make much difference though. TOEP is likely going to be better than these approximations anyway since things like PI / shadow vul scale / the spellpower of the trinket or applying corruption again just before TOEP wears off. Also fights where you have to move / can't always dps (especially in AQ) make the trinket more valuable since the CD timer continues during non-dps periods.
vinceyoung
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Elu » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:13 pm

How/why is Zandalarian Hero Charm better than Talisman of Ephemeral Power on this list?

Talisman gives on average 29.17 sp, whereas Charm gives 22.7 sp average if there are 8 spell casts per use (which seems quite likely, 7 of them being shadowbolts).

The only reason I could think of would be if a fight is shorter than 90 seconds.

Edit: I just saw that this is what was talked about in the posts before this, but I still haven't really found an explanation.
Elu
Grunt
Grunt

by Guybrush » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:42 am

Elu wrote:How/why is Zandalarian Hero Charm better than Talisman of Ephemeral Power on this list?

Talisman gives on average 29.17 sp, whereas Charm gives 22.7 sp average if there are 8 spell casts per use (which seems quite likely, 7 of them being shadowbolts).

The only reason I could think of would be if a fight is shorter than 90 seconds.

Edit: I just saw that this is what was talked about in the posts before this, but I still haven't really found an explanation.

ZHC is 5 seconds longer, those 2 extra casts give it more damage on average.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Warlock