Definitive Warlock Guide -Dragons of Nightmare(1.8)

Re: Definitive PvE Warlock Guide - Updated for ZG (1.7)

by Kikeron » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:23 am

Update:

This http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#Iq0wAMboVo0b works perfect for me. I have imp on passive and phased, I drain its mana with Dark Pact and drain tank the mobs. I never ever stop for anything. One should keep in mind that full imp's mana bar or full player's HP bar is a waste. It is a lost opportunity for more mana with lifetap/dark pact. Fighting humans is a nice bonus if you are undead since you can cannibalize! It works perfect for any mobs of course.

Fighting 2+ mobs is even better
Kikeron
Sergeant
Sergeant

by sumail » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:07 am

somecolours wrote:I'm playing in PVE server and currently raiding MC, i do my best at getting my dps up but even with decent gears i still get out-dps-ed by other locks by far, to add i also play with 300-400ms ping but that should not be an excuse i underperform.

In raids usually i just take care of the curses that i've been assigned and spam shadowbolt, also I usually go with all available consumes including flask. Currently using a DS/Ruin spec.

Can i have an input on how to improve my DPS guys? Like what are the better warlocks do in each bosses/trash and what addons can i use to mitigate the input lag?

This addon might work for you.

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/4628 ... ing-addon/

I believe it stops your cast taking your latency into account. You could also try Crick's FastCast, or make a stopcasting macro and use it with a castbar that displays latency. 400 ms is quite a lot and if you raid with EU players it would make sense that your dps is noticeably lower.
sumail
Grunt
Grunt

by Dutchfoo » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:19 pm

I often get this following lua error when using the drain soul macro:

Dutchfoo
Private
Private

by somecolours » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:17 am

sumail wrote:
somecolours wrote:I'm playing in PVE server and currently raiding MC, i do my best at getting my dps up but even with decent gears i still get out-dps-ed by other locks by far, to add i also play with 300-400ms ping but that should not be an excuse i underperform.

In raids usually i just take care of the curses that i've been assigned and spam shadowbolt, also I usually go with all available consumes including flask. Currently using a DS/Ruin spec.

Can i have an input on how to improve my DPS guys? Like what are the better warlocks do in each bosses/trash and what addons can i use to mitigate the input lag?

This addon might work for you.

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/4628 ... ing-addon/

I believe it stops your cast taking your latency into account. You could also try Crick's FastCast, or make a stopcasting macro and use it with a castbar that displays latency. 400 ms is quite a lot and if you raid with EU players it would make sense that your dps is noticeably lower.

FastCast works perfect man thank you!
somecolours
Grunt
Grunt

by likemi » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:49 pm

Thanks, great guide! Can you possibly add enchants to it?

Many thanks
likemi
Private
Private

by exodus2442 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:25 pm

Botmaster5 wrote:Not all levels are created equal
Save your money!! Since we dont have to purchase a mount at lvl 40, we are in an advantageous position that we can spend that money on gear. Only spend money to level Corruption, CoA, Siphon Life, Lifetap, shadowbolt, demon armor, soul stone, health stone, and your VW books. And start saving your money for some of your pre-raid BiS gear that is BoE. IE Felcloth Gloves.

Currently leveling a lock now and just seen this should i not be buying/using immolate while leveling or is there a point while leveling i should stop using it ?
would like to save money when i can :)
exodus2442
Tester

by Kaytemoss » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:57 pm

Currently leveling a lock [lvl 40] and I dropped those the other day... http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=2277

Would they be a decent piece of gear to start running dungeons at lvl 60 (i.e. I should keep and equip them) or will I replace them easily before 60 (thus I should try to sell them)?

Thanks for your help :)
Kaytemoss
Tester

by Botmaster5 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:28 pm

Kaytemoss wrote:Currently leveling a lock [lvl 40] and I dropped those the other day... http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=2277

Would they be a decent piece of gear to start running dungeons at lvl 60 (i.e. I should keep and equip them) or will I replace them easily before 60 (thus I should try to sell them)?

Thanks for your help :)

a good rule of thumb is sell all BoEs you acquire while lvling. you should already have your shadoweave set started
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Soulxlock » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:38 am

Anyone has a drain soul macro (for shard management) that works with the 28 slot Core Felcloth Bag?

Cheers :)
Soulxlock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Xasthur » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 am

Soulxlock wrote:Anyone has a drain soul macro (for shard management) that works with the 28 slot Core Felcloth Bag?

Cheers :)

I would recommend using Necrosis, has a really neat shard manager included among many other useful things (dot tracker, nightfall proc visuals, etc)
Xasthur <Slippery When Wet> Level 60 Warlock [Nostalrius Begins PvE]
Xasthur
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Warlock