Definitive Warlock Guide -Dragons of Nightmare(1.8)

Re: Definitive PvE Warlock Guide - Updated for ZG (1.7)

by likemi » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:30 pm

Dear warlock friends, please see a couple of newbie questions:

Sometimes my banishes don't live up to the whole duration, leaving angry elites wandering in the raid/group.
Just a quick questions why does it happen? Is it due to tool-tip on the Banish being "up to 30 secs" which means the actual duration could be shorter? Or some other weird mechanic/bug?

P.S. Another question: Don't you find yourselves kinda useless in one-by-one pulls in the raid when you don't even have time to cast 1-2 shadowbolts and everything dies to quickly for dots to be even considered to be put?

Thanks
likemi
Private
Private

by Numi » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:13 pm

likemi wrote:Dear warlock friends, please see a couple of newbie questions:

Sometimes my banishes don't live up to the whole duration, leaving angry elites wandering in the raid/group.
Just a quick questions why does it happen? Is it due to tool-tip on the Banish being "up to 30 secs" which means the actual duration could be shorter? Or some other weird mechanic/bug?

P.S. Another question: Don't you find yourselves kinda useless in one-by-one pulls in the raid when you don't even have time to cast 1-2 shadowbolts and everything dies to quickly for dots to be even considered to be put?

Thanks

I recommend searing pain on non fire immune mobs that dies before shadow bolts hit, the spell is decent.

Banish has a chance to break, the chance for it to break is increased with shadow resistance, meaning that most of the time you want to throw a curse of shadows before banishing, or be ready to rebanish early. For example Garr you want to cast curse of shadows before the first banish and it'll basically never break early (RNG happens, but it's not likely).
Numi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Soulxlock » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:03 pm

Xasthur wrote:
Soulxlock wrote:Anyone has a drain soul macro (for shard management) that works with the 28 slot Core Felcloth Bag?

Cheers :)

I would recommend using Necrosis, has a really neat shard manager included among many other useful things (dot tracker, nightfall proc visuals, etc)

I have Necrosis, but shard management was not activated. Works like a charm, thanks :D
Soulxlock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by likemi » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:18 am

Hello all,

Do you also experience various summoning bugs? Summoning doesn't work for me in 50% cases. Often it just won't have any effect or I would summong different person I targeted. I even have a macro that tells who I am summoning and yet another person will receive it... Weird.

Maybe it is UI bug, don't know.

Thanks
likemi
Private
Private

by somecolours » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:21 am

likemi wrote:Hello all,

Do you also experience various summoning bugs? Summoning doesn't work for me in 50% cases. Often it just won't have any effect or I would summong different person I targeted. I even have a macro that tells who I am summoning and yet another person will receive it... Weird.

Maybe it is UI bug, don't know.

Thanks

Make sure when you're summoning a target, don't click other player or switch target until your summoned person is in your screen.
somecolours
Grunt
Grunt

by Breckling » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:10 pm

Hello!

I haven't played Vanilla in ages, and while leveling a Warlock on Nostalrius, your guide has helped me a great deal. Thank you very much!

I noticed on the "1.7 BiS Pre-Raid gear for warlocks" list you've listed:

Head: Green Lense 'of Shadow Wrath', +41 "of Shadow Wrath"

The highest possible Shadow Spell Damage is +36 though, isn't it?

Note that I am playing on the PvP server, and perhaps the PvE server is a different version?

Thanks once again for making this guide. :)
Breckling
Tester

Re: Definitive PvE Warlock Guide - Dragons of Nightmare (1.8

by Botmaster5 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:25 am

Edit 2/7 - Updated and corrected pre-raid BiS to reflect abyssal council. Moved Rockfury Bracers to correct patch (1.9). Added Chapter 5: Enchants and Consumables. Tweaked BiS of BiS.
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Trekky » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:58 pm

Hey guys,

Is the last part for the soul harvester quest implemented now that we're on 1.8? I'm
Around the level to get that quest done now.

Cheers - gayrosh
Trekky
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Botmaster5 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:44 am

Trekky wrote:Hey guys,

Is the last part for the soul harvester quest implemented now that we're on 1.8? I'm
Around the level to get that quest done now.

Cheers - gayrosh

yes, its implemented now
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guybrush » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:51 pm

Don't think these are in, despite being linkable:

http://realmplayers.com/ItemUsageInfo.a ... item=22711
http://realmplayers.com/ItemUsageInfo.a ... item=22716

They would have dropped by now if they were in the loot tables.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Warlock