Warlock BIS for PVP

Re: Warlock BIS for PVP

by Darkwinjax » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:48 am

Botmaster5 wrote:
Darkwinjax wrote:a destro isn't viable btw.

Drakedog would disagree with you

what the fuck . this is exactly why ppl dont shoulnd take advice from this idiot
lookin like a school shooter when i walk into these halls
Darkwinjax
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Botmaster5 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:16 am

Darkwinjax wrote:what the fuck . this is exactly why ppl dont shoulnd take advice from this idiot

"dont shoulnd"?

im going to go out on a limb here and assume you are trying to tell people not to take advise from me, yet you used a double negative. so again, im sorry for you illiteracy, or simple grasp of the english language.

at no point in this now 2nd forum page, have you done anything constructive other than put together a list of gear that is neigh unreachable for the common pvp-er. your affront to anything remotely against your single minded approach to how the game is played is laughable, but i will commend you on your fervor.

OP - there are many viable pvp specs for locks, all of which center on stamina. the shift on your secondary focus will be determined by your spec. gearwise, stay away from anything that does not have stam on it.

Soulink - stam and spell power only, almost no crit
sm/ruin - stam and spell power, weigh crit marginally
desto 1, 2, or 3 - stam, spell power, and heavy focus on crit
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by kavinskyr » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:10 am

Hey guys. Thanks for the adwise. But I think darkwin's list is what I aiming for.
Will prob change rank 13 for rank 10, but That's a time issue:)
Anyways. Thanks:)
kavinskyr
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Lifealert » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:14 am

Darkwinjax wrote:Head: R13
Neck: Choker
Shoulder: R13
Cloak: Nef cloak
Chest: R13
Wrist: Arcane Accuracy
Gloves: Ebonyflame
Belt: Mana Igniting Cord
Legs: Kazzak pants
Boots: R12
Ring 1: Dark Dominion
Ring 2: Concentration Band
Trinket: Get all trinkets in game + Nelths tear
Wand: Dragons Touch
Weapon: Nef staff

this is an ok list, there's lots of good combinations you can do, just comes down to how u manage the set bonus and if you want R12 / R7 gloves for bonus.

I will argue that a couple of the R13 pieces are no good due to a lack of crit, and seeing as R10 helm and shoulders both have 1% crit it might be better.

As for weapon it might be better to run a 1h and offhand setup so you can use spellstone to your advantage.
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Darkwinjax » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:56 pm

Lifealert wrote:
Darkwinjax wrote:Head: R13
Neck: Choker
Shoulder: R13
Cloak: Nef cloak
Chest: R13
Wrist: Arcane Accuracy
Gloves: Ebonyflame
Belt: Mana Igniting Cord
Legs: Kazzak pants
Boots: R12
Ring 1: Dark Dominion
Ring 2: Concentration Band
Trinket: Get all trinkets in game + Nelths tear
Wand: Dragons Touch
Weapon: Nef staff

this is an ok list, there's lots of good combinations you can do, just comes down to how u manage the set bonus and if you want R12 / R7 gloves for bonus.

I will argue that a couple of the R13 pieces are no good due to a lack of crit, and seeing as R10 helm and shoulders both have 1% crit it might be better.

As for weapon it might be better to run a 1h and offhand setup so you can use spellstone to your advantage.

there are obviously situations where MH + spellstone / skull are needed but I wouldn't use MH + AV OH over staff, so trying to obtain staff over claw is logical outcome, but yes even a simple Mindfang (easy for everyone to get) would be better than staff in those situations

You can't take the best of both worlds, the choises come down to how much you want crit, if so there are many combinations arround it, can even use volatile power, but I feel the build I posted is the best for all arround everything.

the main choises to make are, do you want 4p bonus from PvP set (you should) and do you mind trading 50% pushback on searing mitigation for ebony gloves, I don't prioratize the glove bonus over kazzak pants + boots, and since you need the 4piece bonus you should get the 4/6 r13, the r13 set has some gimped pieces specially when compared to r13 mage set, but they are still all arround solid stats.

Not that any of this matters since our AQ40 gear is super broken and will def replace r13 and force different build.
lookin like a school shooter when i walk into these halls
Darkwinjax
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Yeaok » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:00 pm

nemesis helm / chest / legs / boots / belt, felheart shoulder / bracer. Anastari Heirloom or lock zg neck for those of us in guilds where choker of firelord does not exist.
Yeaok
Grunt
Grunt

by Lifealert » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:32 am

Yeaok wrote:nemesis helm / chest / legs / boots / belt, felheart shoulder / bracer. Anastari Heirloom or lock zg neck for those of us in guilds where choker of firelord does not exist.

You get 2% crit by going this route. 3% from gloves when T2 is updated. There are better gear setups than this for smruin/destro. SL is a different story.
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Yeaok » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:13 am

SL is king
Yeaok
Grunt
Grunt

by Botmaster5 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:03 pm

Yeaok wrote:SL is king

siphon life or soul link? can you provide a build?
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by newtee2 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:36 pm

Botmaster5 wrote:
Yeaok wrote:SL is king

siphon life or soul link? can you provide a build?

In the context of the last posts he means soul link. Nobody refers to siphon life as a spec until TBC's notorious SL SL spec.
newtee2
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Warlock