Best addon to track dots..

Best addon to track dots..

by sownu » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:38 pm

Is there any?

None that i try works correctly. One doesnt reset when mob dies, another starts timers even if i dont get cast off, another doesnt remove tracking if dot gets removed etc.

Huge hassle. I just want to be able to track debuffs i choose (like only banish) and on multiple targets with no glitches.
sownu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Best addon to track dots..

by Youfie » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:47 am

DoTimer.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Botmaster5 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:29 pm

DoTimer is really all there is. Necrosis has the ability to track DoTs, but is ineffective and will miss them sometimes.
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by mtp1032 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:18 pm

I've used DoTimer and it has been OK. It does track dots on multiple MOBs.

In retail I used "Tell Me When" which was super. There is a version of TMW for Vanilla but it doesn't work. I've tried to get it to work with no luck. However, I try to keep track of it just in case someone is able to fix it.

Good luck,
mtp1032
Grunt
Grunt

by Dutchfoo » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:44 pm

Chronometer is also an option!

SS of it in action: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
Dutchfoo
Private
Private

by Botmaster5 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:21 pm

Dutchfoo wrote:Chronometer is also an option!

chronometer is a very nice DoT tracking addon. i just wish the config options were a little more accessable
<Titans of War> Xashe
"Behold those who have power, and who are not afraid to wield it. Behold... the warlocks!" - Gul'dan
Botmaster5
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by sownu » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:00 pm

Dutchfoo wrote:Chronometer is also an option!

It is what i currently use. Sometimes it starts timers even when cast doesn't go off(no idea if its nost bug with instant casts or addon problem) and it also cant track dots across targets with same name. I also have no idea how to make it not track curse of shadow/element.
sownu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by jakeadams » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:49 pm

sownu wrote:It is what i currently use. Sometimes it starts timers even when cast doesn't go off(no idea if its nost bug with instant casts or addon problem) and it also cant track dots across targets with same name. I also have no idea how to make it not track curse of shadow/element.

It's actually rather easy to configure. Go the the Chronometer folder and find the Data folder. In there you find a .lua file for each class. Open it with a text editor (I use notepad++). Find the spell you don't want to track and put "--" in front of it. Now it won't be tracked.
jakeadams
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Lifealert » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:28 am

How do you get EnemyBuffTimers to work with Luna Frames? The little number overlay is in the spot where the default UI debuff icon would be however I use Luna Frames.

I would rather use EnemyBuffTimers because it is closer to the TBC icons and everything else takes up too much space on my screen (mostly dotimer, chronometer is okay but I have to make it really small because I have other stuff on my screen).
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Warlock