Theoretical Defense Capped Feral Druid +4HM rant

Re: Theoretical Defense Capped Feral Druid +4HM rant

by Armilus » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:42 pm

Stalk wrote:
Edit: Also, this is a thread about the Four Horseman who did not hit very hard with melee attacks and you would be lucky to see 50% uptime on Inspiration or Lay on Hands in an encounter requiring that much mobility.

I realize that. I only mentioned the armor thing because you brought it up :P

Also, player buffs are limited on Nost, I believe in the same way. We've had our tank lose Fear ward on Nef because they used a stoneshield pot mid fight. Once they started to remove any unnecessary buffs it stopped happening. As long as the warrior doesn't have useless buffs like arcane intellect and divine spirit, they should be fine.

As for tanking 4HM with a druid, you'd probably be best off with a PvP flag carrying set of gear, AKA high stam and resistance of every type (assuming resistance works on them). I knew a druid in retail that had at least 120 of each resistance pre-buffs, decent armor and ~7k unbuffed HP in his flag carrying set. Just need a way to get at least 5% spell hit.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Stalk » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:27 pm

Your tank shouldn't be losing Fear Wards if the buff queue is blizzlike unless he received all fresh buffs after he got the Fear Ward.

Generally, a feral tank would rotate between Mograine and Korth'azz with FR gear to help mitigate the meteor damage for the case when not enough players are able to stack up.
Stalk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Armilus » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:56 pm

Stalk wrote:Your tank shouldn't be losing Fear Wards if the buff queue is blizzlike unless he received all fresh buffs after he got the Fear Ward.

Generally, a feral tank would rotate between Mograine and Korth'azz with FR gear to help mitigate the meteor damage for the case when not enough players are able to stack up.

Totally off topic now but...

When they added debuff priority they also added some buff priorities. For example, consumables have higher priority than spell buffs so things like thorns won't knock off flask of the titans.

Anyway, fear ward is definitely bugged, I've seen a tank get feared with the fear ward buff on them. Even saw a tank get feared with fear ward AND berserker rage up. So it might be a different bug but it seems to happen a lot less when the tank removes any buffs that aren't necessary.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Druid