They might not be as OP anymore , but Elemental is better threat anyways

thanks for research and for all the clarifies Pottu
gebius
Private
Private

Re: Is this possible?

by Mahtan » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:32 pm

Conclusion time!

1) Weightstones and +Weapon Damage enchantments are a bug and you should get used to the idea that it will become fixed someday.
2) The "loss" of these two sources of damage is annoying for the small bunch of super serious progress-oriented ferals, but it is meaningless for all other ferals and druids in general.
3) The feral spec doesn't die with an upcoming bugfix, it still offers all the crucial utility (offtanking, Leader of the Pack, dispells, Innervate, combat rez, emergency healing,...).
4) If you don't want to void your honor as a feral, just go without Weightstones and +Weapon damage enchantment. You are also on the safe side regarding any GM action that could happen in the future.
Mahtan
Tester

by Finalfurashu » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:54 pm

TheNIF wrote:it's not THAT game breaking. Total loss corresponds to about 100-140 attackpower, once you factor in +15 str enchant and elemental sharpening stones (+2% crit) instead of weightstones.

If that's the difference between you being viable and being useless, I'd say you were skirting around uselessness already.

are you retarded?
+9 wep dmg enchant and +8 wep dmg from weightstone is equal to 238 attack power.
that's 42 attack power less than the fucking AQ mace http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=21268

feral just got nostalrused
rip
2015-2016
#suicidewatch
Finalfurashu
Grunt
Grunt

by Dr. Doom » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:18 pm

Finalfurashu wrote:
TheNIF wrote:it's not THAT game breaking. Total loss corresponds to about 100-140 attackpower, once you factor in +15 str enchant and elemental sharpening stones (+2% crit) instead of weightstones.

If that's the difference between you being viable and being useless, I'd say you were skirting around uselessness already.

are you retarded?
+9 wep dmg enchant and +8 wep dmg from weightstone is equal to 238 attack power.
that's 42 attack power less than the fucking AQ mace http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=21268

rip
2015-2016
#suicidewatch

Nostalrused Feral is the one that has unintended damage boosts, just like it once had 200% damage increase on cat.
Retail vanilla feral is one that uses weapons as stat sticks.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by TheNIF » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:49 pm

Finalfurashu wrote:

are you retarded?

rip
2015-2016
#suicidewatch

15 str is almost 40 AP with kings, 1 crit corresponds to roughly 22 AP according to most estimations ive seen. So thats ~84 AP total from +15str and +2%crit (elemental sharpning stone). What is 238-84 = ?

Turns out I was right. If you have a 2h weap youd lose about 150 AP. If you have a 1h weap youd lose about 100 AP from changing enchant and stones.
TheNIF
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Finalfurashu » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:25 am

TheNIF wrote:Turns out I was right. If you have a 2h weap youd lose about 150 AP. If you have a 1h weap youd lose about 100 AP from changing enchant and stones.

wew lad, hol up hol up!

+2% crit weightstone unironically costs 8,5g while the +8 dmg weightstone only costs 20 silver.
this is fine in raids but you won't be using +2% crit enchant in pvp and if you unironically picked a druid with the intent to be feral in raids you're literally offically confirmed for a meme druid.
check out /nosg/, you would fit right in!

and 150 AP is a big fucking deal since feral was mehh even with +17 extra dmg.
Finalfurashu
Grunt
Grunt

by TheNIF » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:27 am

Finalfurashu wrote:
TheNIF wrote:Turns out I was right. If you have a 2h weap youd lose about 150 AP. If you have a 1h weap youd lose about 100 AP from changing enchant and stones.

wew lad, hol up hol up!

+2% crit weightstone unironically costs 8,5g while the +8 dmg weightstone only costs 20 silver.
this is fine in raids but you won't be using +2% crit enchant in pvp and if you unironically picked a druid with the intent to be feral in raids you're literally offically confirmed for a meme druid.

All of that is besides the point numbnut. We already agree it sucks balls, you don't have to give arguments for why it sucks balls.

You blathered that the loss of attackpower came out as about 238. It doesn't. And if you were meh at 150 AP more, then you're still meh now. This really won't make that much of a difference.

I get the feeling that some of you seem to be thinking you're "meh" if you don't top the meters. You're not supposed to top the meters. Ever. It would be broken if a potential 4-role hybrid would be out-doing classes or specs with a narrower focus. Unless you're consistently bottom of the stack, then you aren't "meh". I usually find myself in the top 3rd to top 4th of raid dps on bosses. Some classes and spec beat me, some don't.
TheNIF
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Pottu » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:57 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:Let's try to think of possibilities for this contradiction.

My colleague meant that this is classified as minor bug abuse and will not get you permanently banned - unless you repeatedly abuse it. These sort of things are exactly why we have two categories of bug abuse.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by gebius » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:29 pm

TheNIF wrote:
Finalfurashu wrote:

wew lad, hol up hol up!

All of that is besides the point numbnut. We already agree it sucks balls, you don't have to give arguments for why it sucks balls.

You blathered that the loss of attackpower came out as about 238. It doesn't. And if you were meh at 150 AP more, then you're still meh now. This really won't make that much of a difference.

I get the feeling that some of you seem to be thinking you're "meh" if you don't top the meters. You're not supposed to top the meters. Ever. It would be broken if a potential 4-role hybrid would be out-doing classes or specs with a narrower focus. Unless you're consistently bottom of the stack, then you aren't "meh". I usually find myself in the top 3rd to top 4th of raid dps on bosses. Some classes and spec beat me, some don't.

what this guy said,

we are not supposed to top DPS as feral.
having our utility and still doing mid range is what makes us great.
DPS on meters is only an addition to our use.
And hey , with 2% crit stones, which are better for threat , its not that bad.

For me going for DPS on farm content is fun , but i dont mind this change with AQ coming up , doesnt matter for me anyways
gebius
Private
Private

Previous

Return to Druid