Starting Mana Pool

Starting Mana Pool

by Niarro » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:42 pm

Just starting on the server, but loved wow during vanilla very hard. What I don't remember is the class starting with such a small mana pool, I could've sworn that you could at least kill a move with one mana bar from level 1. Ended up googling around a bit but haven't found anything that backs up that impression, is this an issue that people are aware of? O.o
Niarro
Tester

Re: Starting Mana Pool

by Seraphimhalo » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:44 am

This game is as close to the original as i have seen. I'm going to assume that you are mistaken and since you won't be level 1 very long just enjoy the game as it is intended to be.
Seraphim

An army of sheep led by a Lion can defeat an army of lions led by a Sheep
Seraphimhalo
Private
Private

by euronmisc » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:33 am

It gets better as you level up my little bromie.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Taladril » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:40 am

Mana functions as I remember it used to. Welcome to vanilla.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Niarro » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:35 pm

Guess it has been quite awhile, I just can't imagine not having enough mana to kill 1 mob with (level 8 now, I believe?) X3
Niarro
Tester

by Darkeyez » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:32 pm

Niarro wrote:Guess it has been quite awhile, I just can't imagine not having enough mana to kill 1 mob with (level 8 now, I believe?) X3

Yup, that can happen. It gets better later tho.
Resto Druid - <Amelinium>
Darkeyez
Grunt
Grunt

by Undertanker » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:09 am

Yeah the low levels suck. Easier when you get your other forms.

It helps for leveling if you get gear that also includes spirit due to the way the druid plays while solo.

Spirit takes 6 seconds of no casting to regen mana.

So open a fight with a nuke, and moonfire, be in animal form right before it gets to you. Kill it, by the time it is dead, your spirit should have you back to full mana again.

Much better than a little more str for ap but having to drink after 2 mobs.

When you get innervate, this becomes more of a balance. All gear I got from AH with str/stam/spirit/int (the mix stuff) is VERY cheap. Put a cheap stam boots/bracer, str gloves enchant on them and they will last you for 25+ levels.

All gear I had for solo leveling had close to some type of spirit on it, I would by water stack and would level 10 times before half of it was gone.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Fegan » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:23 pm

Undertanker wrote:Yeah the low levels suck. Easier when you get your other forms.

It helps for leveling if you get gear that also includes spirit due to the way the druid plays while solo.

Spirit takes 6 seconds of no casting to regen mana.

So open a fight with a nuke, and moonfire, be in animal form right before it gets to you. Kill it, by the time it is dead, your spirit should have you back to full mana again.

Much better than a little more str for ap but having to drink after 2 mobs.

When you get innervate, this becomes more of a balance. All gear I got from AH with str/stam/spirit/int (the mix stuff) is VERY cheap. Put a cheap stam boots/bracer, str gloves enchant on them and they will last you for 25+ levels.

All gear I had for solo leveling had close to some type of spirit on it, I would by water stack and would level 10 times before half of it was gone.

Tbh, I believe thats very bad. Just stay in your average cat/bear form. Basic spirit is enough to regen yourself every fight with some heals. I don't remember ever needing to drink. So just stack basic rogue gear is what I did and that worked fine. I'm no fan of starfire/wrathing when I pulled. It takes too much time, for too little damage. I rather get an early claw in for the same (free) damage.
Fegan
Private
Private

by Undertanker » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:32 pm

So you don't try it and just assume this is bad.... claw isn't free when it cost you energy.

Moonfire is instant cast, direct damage AND a huge DoT - but that is bad too?

If you put moonfire before they get to you, shift, and DoT combo builder, and DoT finisher, that is 3 decent DoTs + Thorns damage to drop mobs independent of their armor levels/mob level/your gear.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Lorilay » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:57 pm

Undertanker wrote:So you don't try it and just assume this is bad.... claw isn't free when it cost you energy.

Moonfire is instant cast, direct damage AND a huge DoT - but that is bad too?

If you put moonfire before they get to you, shift, and DoT combo builder, and DoT finisher, that is 3 decent DoTs + Thorns damage to drop mobs independent of their armor levels/mob level/your gear.

Yes, and you just spent 50% of your mana pool to do it on one mob. It takes a lot less time to regen 40 energy than the mana for starfire, moonfire, and cat/bear form. That's how I pulled elites when I was leveling, but for just killing mobs it's better to stay in cat (or bear before 20) as long as possible before you shift out. I found that I had enough mana regen to heal to full whenever I got low which meant constant mob grinding without needing to drink. It got even easier after I got omen, but I opted to pick up more cat dps talents in the feral tree first since I was doing fine on mana.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Druid