Druid Professions

Druid Professions

by Koul » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:32 am

I understand the talents, and mostly rotations and everything. However professions are keeping me dumbfounded. I really want to spend all of my time on this one druid and level him to 60 first, and really soak up the experience. With that being said, I have Leatherworking and Skinning.

I am torn as to whether or not I should drop it for something else or if the gear is really worth it? Was thinking alchemy or even just gathering professions.

Any suggestions on what might benefit me the most? Especially things that will help me level faster, easier ect.
Koul
Tester

Re: Druid Professions

by euronmisc » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:08 pm

If you're into PVP at all, engineering is amazing. It also gives you a transporter to Gadget / Everlook and lots of cool gadgets.

The second profession really is whatever you like. A gathering profession is nice to have, but if you have already maxed out skinning or LW you might as well stick to one of those.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Finalflash » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:27 pm

Go engineering + blacksmithing if you wanna PvP.

Blacksmithing for http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=10418
Finalflash
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Lorilay » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:59 pm

The reality is that there's no BoP items worth mentioning from leatherworking for druids. In fact, the only professions with BoP items to speak of are Enchanting, Engineering, and Blacksmithing (and Alchemy in a very distant fourth). All of them are quite expensive to level (and don't really provide any help to leveling), so I'd suggest looking up some 1-300 guides (you only need 265 Enchanting for the trinket and then you can drop it), banking the mats on an alt and use mining/skinning to make some money. Herbalism/skinning is lucrative as well.

With the server population, I don't really suggest anything other than the above professions unless you're in a position to get patterns from your guild when AQ20 comes out. It's usually quite trivial to find someone to craft any of the very few pieces worth having.
Lorilay
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Koul » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:06 pm

Lorilay wrote:The reality is that there's no BoP items worth mentioning from leatherworking for druids. In fact, the only professions with BoP items to speak of are Enchanting, Engineering, and Blacksmithing (and Alchemy in a very distant fourth). All of them are quite expensive to level (and don't really provide any help to leveling), so I'd suggest looking up some 1-300 guides (you only need 265 Enchanting for the trinket and then you can drop it), banking the mats on an alt and use mining/skinning to make some money. Herbalism/skinning is lucrative as well.

With the server population, I don't really suggest anything other than the above professions unless you're in a position to get patterns from your guild when AQ20 comes out. It's usually quite trivial to find someone to craft any of the very few pieces worth having.

Thank you for that. I assume skinning and herbalism might stick than.
Koul
Tester

by TheFishyOne » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:33 am

You can skin and herb without leaving Kitty form, but not mine. Something else to keep in mind.
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Druid