Did Wolfshead helm work on Nostalrius and how good was it?

Did Wolfshead helm work on Nostalrius and how good was it?

by sp00ned » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:56 pm

Hello,

From what I can understand, Wolfshead Helm was pretty good for feral druids, if they were going to do DPS. But how good was it if you changed your rotation to powershift, to utilize the extra energy when shifting back and forth?

Also, did it work? - Is it to be expected it would work/not work on the Elysium server?

Also also, can we discuss +weapon damage enchant and items. I'm pretty sure it worked like this on retail Vanilla as well, but have any GM or anybody having anything to say about bugs actually come out and said it was a bug or not?

Thank you!
Last edited by sp00ned on Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
sp00ned
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Did Wolfshead helm work on Nostalrius and how good was i

by Thomaszine » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:30 pm

We had a kitty on Nost that averaged above 500dps in BWL. Cant remember his name, but he used powershifting.
I'm vegan
Thomaszine
Private
Private

by Keftenk » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:38 pm

Grayclaw? He also used +weapon dmg which was bugged.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Taladril » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:47 pm

Yeah it did work. It probably would have worked better too if you were in Europe. For me it was sorta laggy to try to do the power shift thing and I don't feel like often I got a ton of extra out of it as opposed to just doing standard dps. But then my role and goal was also a lot different too.

But yes, bottom line it did function correctly.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by sp00ned » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:24 am

Keftenk wrote:Grayclaw? He also used +weapon dmg which was bugged.

Pretty sure +weapon dmg enchant is not bugged. I remember people using it in retail Vanilla as well, unless it was bugged on retail as well? - The +weapon damage is tied to whatever you use to hit the target with, be that unarmed, weapons or what not. The enchant is not tied to the weapon in the same sense that crusader is.

At least from what I know, it was like this and it makes sense.
sp00ned
Grunt
Grunt

by Keftenk » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:34 am

It's bugged in Feral form and the community here on Nost did extensive research on it. If the bugtracker ever comes back up or is transferred over to Elysium you'll be able to see all the necessary documentation we dug up.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Taladril » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:21 am

There are only a few items in the game that correctly should give +damage. As for a passive +damage like you are talking about, only Blazefury Medallion and Might of Cenarious will do that. Damage enchants and damage temporary enchants (weightstones) should not give damage to our base forms. From a logical standpoint it also makes sense. The two items listed above are blanket changes that would affect you the individual. The weapon enchants are just that - weapon enchants. As a cat weapons are stat sticks. So how could a weapon enchant help our forms? Also think of how duel weilders function. They can have one weapon with crusader and one with a damage enchant. The damage enchant doesn't affect the other weapon, and rightly so. It's the same concept here.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Thomaszine » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:22 pm

Keftenk wrote:Grayclaw? He also used +weapon dmg which was bugged.
Grayclaw ye. How much damage increase did the enchant give in %?
I'm vegan
Thomaszine
Private
Private

by Keftenk » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:14 pm

Probably a decent amount, but nothing like "Holy shit its giving me 300 more dps!"
If Realmplayers didn't get wiped we would have a lot of data to look at via Grayclaw's success.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Druid