8 set T1 before getting 3 set T2

8 set T1 before getting 3 set T2

by Oldlemon » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:17 am

So I have 8 set T1 and use it for dungeons and it's great, the 8 set can proc the 5 set bonus on each jump so sometimes you could get a mana gain. I used this on broodlord since we basically just heal and over heal who ever is tanking and it worked out pretty well. So I am asking if it would be worth it for now to just roll with full T1 and spam healing wave instead of chain heal until I get 3 set T2 and go back to spamming chain heal.
Oldlemon
Private
Private

Re: 8 set T1 before getting 3 set T2

by Killstick » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:56 am

Oldlemon wrote:So I have 8 set T1 and use it for dungeons and it's great, the 8 set can proc the 5 set bonus on each jump so sometimes you could get a mana gain. I used this on broodlord since we basically just heal and over heal who ever is tanking and it worked out pretty well. So I am asking if it would be worth it for now to just roll with full T1 and spam healing wave instead of chain heal until I get 3 set T2 and go back to spamming chain heal.

Once you get 3 pieces T2 you can stil switch back to 8T1 when tank healing. When raid healing go with the 3T2. For dungeons both should be ok tbh
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by egorgeous » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:03 am

I hear that T1 8pce is horrendously bugged and should be used all the time in every situation as it outperforms superior quality gear comboed with CH spam.

Am I misinformed?
Imba.
egorgeous
Tester

by Oldlemon » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:25 am

@killstick: Yea that is what I was thinking

@egorgeous: I don't know, I didn't have 8 set T1 in vanilla so I don't know how it is suppose to work. But from what I have seen it is like a very powerful initial heal with a slightly weaker rank 1 chain heal. My second jumps are consistent at 290 heals no matter what rank of healing wave I use. While the first jump can vary from 375 - 600 pending on which rank I use. The mana return is indeed great though
Oldlemon
Private
Private

by Aslan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:21 am

egorgeous wrote:I hear that T1 8pce is horrendously bugged and should be used all the time in every situation as it outperforms superior quality gear comboed with CH spam.

Am I misinformed?

If the fact that the 5/8 bonus procs up to 3 times for 1 healing wave if you affect 3 targets with the 8/8 then it is utterly bugged. Pretty sure the 2 bounces shouldnt be boosted by +heal either, which they do.

On the other hand chain heal is utterly bugged too, both bounces get a shitton of +heal scaling and since the 2nd bounce relies on the already bugged 1st bounce, it doesnt look like 1000-500-250 but more like 1000-750-600. The 3/8 T2 makes it even more retarded.

Conclusion for shamans: 8/8 T1 have no skill and spam tank heals. 3/8 T2 mindless spam an initial target, because the 2 bounces will top up the raid anyway. Heal power gear therefore is retardedly overpowered making mp5 gear obsolete pretty much till cthun where your raid will bee too spread to abuse either of these (you might be able to chainheal there too, assuming chain heal is 12yrd and green beam 10 yrds).

The GM's are aware of these issues.
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Turbonado » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:07 pm

this post from back in 2006 shows that bounces could proc the 5/8. is the issue on nostalrius just multiple procs as opposed to multiple chances to proc?

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/thread-4133.html

It was mentioned on the EJ forums, and I confirmed it last night. 8/8 EF changes your healing wave to heal three people, for a 25% boost to healing on any kind of splash damage fight. Each person healed has a chance to proc the 5/8 mana surge bonus of 35%. If you hit 3 people, you get a 58% chance to proc surge, which over time is a 20% reduction in the cost of healing wave.

There's no way for a dopey lightning shield to compare to that.
Turbonado
Grunt
Grunt

by Aslan » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:47 am

You could technically get 105% of your mana back on Nostalrius.
Scar - Endurance
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Pulsar » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:57 pm

We do not speak about 8/8 8-)
Pulsar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Aslan » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:32 pm

Pulsar wrote:We do not speak about 8/8 8-)

Its been reported 10 times dont worry. They are jsut too lazy
Scar - Endurance
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Shaman