Elemental PvE DPS tree

Re: Elemental PvE DPS tree

by Magus » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:58 pm

Thatoneguy wrote:
Niini wrote:Mana issues are overcome with consumables

Sorry, that's not enough. You will go oom even with consumables.

Sorry Thatoneguy but Niini is right. Mana issues can overcome with consumables and that quite Easy.
Tried Elemental just for fun in BwL the main problem was like mentioned resistance and lack of gear.
I played with flask of wisdom cause i thought i would run out off mana the answer was nope, i spamed chainlightning like crazy to get rid of all that mana and even without using runes and big mana-potions in these fights, at the end of it i had still 15-20% mana left.
Except for Chrom and Nef you will experience no problems. Chrom dispelling and healing cause rare nature weakness and Nef because of Shaman calls but even there i was spamming chainlightning on cd.

My conclusion FlaskWisdom was wasted you should use SpelldamageFlask with LesserMana MajorMana Runes on cd and optimal use of ClearCasting you rly can do it.

I like Elemental in PvP and pve and will start testing it more in the near furture with more gear and more experience in Bwl and AQ.
Magus
Private
Private

by Dr. Doom » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:00 pm

Magus wrote:
Thatoneguy wrote:

Sorry Thatoneguy but Niini is right. Mana issues can overcome with consumables and that quite Easy.
Tried Elemental just for fun in BwL the main problem was like mentioned resistance and lack of gear.
I played with flask of wisdom cause i thought i would run out off mana the answer was nope, i spamed chainlightning like crazy to get rid of all that mana and even without using runes and big mana-potions in these fights, at the end of it i had still 15-20% mana left.
Except for Chrom and Nef you will experience no problems. Chrom dispelling and healing cause rare nature weakness and Nef because of Shaman calls but even there i was spamming chainlightning on cd.

My conclusion FlaskWisdom was wasted you should use SpelldamageFlask with LesserMana MajorMana Runes on cd and optimal use of ClearCasting you rly can do it.

I like Elemental in PvP and pve and will start testing it more in the near furture with more gear and more experience in Bwl and AQ.

Nice stuff. If you'd like to use this thread to share your builds, experiences and suggestions/advice for people playing it, fee free to do so, I for one will be sure to come back to read it.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Thatoneguy » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:13 pm

Magus wrote:
Thatoneguy wrote:

Sorry Thatoneguy but Niini is right

Can you link the raidstats? Statistics are helpful. I like to see if your guild kills bosses with a time that's above average.

I suspect that you're in a raiding guild that has already cleared all content. It's easy to not go oom when the rest of the DPS are pulling their weight and kill stuff fast. When you're in progression or a pug run and fights tend to go over double (sometimes even triple) the length it's a different story.

Through raidstats we can easily verify the length of the fights and make an accurate assessment.
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Niini » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:24 pm

Thestoneguy we are mostly talkimg about guilds that have cleared all content. Seeing as the only content remaining is aq and naxx, where no one is likely to try in aq due to immunities and naxx should be fine because by that point aq will be on farm.

(Well I am mostly talkimg about 10/10 and 8/8 guilds anyway seeing as there are so many of them)

Magus was your dps competitive? Do you think you could have done it without the flask? And did you use spell pen gear?
Niini
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Magus » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:21 pm

@ Thatoneguy and Dr.Doom sure thing. Here are the raidstats http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/RaidOverview.aspx?Raid=28922

Died with all world buffs by Val. bomb no joke rip

My gear from that raid.
T2 shaman Head. Zg enchant 15int 13spell (t2head no spelldamage)
Darkmoon neck.
Mc naturedamage shoulder + zg enchant.
Bloodvinechest.
T2 Bracer. (t2 bracer no spelldamage)
Mindfang
Zulian Defender (no spell)
Briarwood Reed
Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas
Shard of the Scale
Dragonslayer's Signet
Advisor's Ring
Frostwolf Advisor's Cloak
Bloodvine Boots
Bloodvine pants +zg enchant 13spell 15 int
Primalist's Linked Waistguard
Bloodtinged Gloves

standard potions and food
8-9% spell hit (need some more 12% and more would be nice)

Niini wrote:Magus was your dps competitive? Do you think you could have done it without the flask? And did you use spell pen gear?

@Niini with the same gear...Yes. And yes even without the flask. I tried it with gear way from perfect and no did not use spell pen gear.

In AQ there are only one or two boss npc´s Nature immune and i believe it is only 1. but iam not sure and that would be the slime thing
Magus
Private
Private

by Niini » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:13 am

Awesome, yeah id be interested to see how you went with a don julios for the spellpen and maybe wsg trink.

Can you link what talents you used?

I'm a bit off 60 on my sham but this is making me keen to get there.
Niini
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Cragen » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:33 am

Magus wrote:@ Thatoneguy and Dr.Doom sure thing. Here are the raidstats http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/RaidOverview.aspx?Raid=28922

Died with all world buffs by Val. bomb no joke rip

My gear from that raid.
T2 shaman Head. Zg enchant 15int 13spell (t2head no spelldamage)
Darkmoon neck.
Mc naturedamage shoulder + zg enchant.
Bloodvinechest.
T2 Bracer. (t2 bracer no spelldamage)
Mindfang
Zulian Defender (no spell)
Briarwood Reed
Royal Seal of Eldre'Thalas
Shard of the Scale
Dragonslayer's Signet
Advisor's Ring
Frostwolf Advisor's Cloak
Bloodvine Boots
Bloodvine pants +zg enchant 13spell 15 int
Primalist's Linked Waistguard
Bloodtinged Gloves

standard potions and food
8-9% spell hit (need some more 12% and more would be nice)

Niini wrote:Magus was your dps competitive? Do you think you could have done it without the flask? And did you use spell pen gear?

@Niini with the same gear...Yes. And yes even without the flask. I tried it with gear way from perfect and no did not use spell pen gear.

In AQ there are only one or two boss npc´s Nature immune and i believe it is only 1. but iam not sure and that would be the slime thing

You'd require significantly more spellpower to make elemental shaman rival mages in terms of dps. Its funny, but equally geared a elemental shaman will outdps mages with the arcane/frost spec, purely based on how well ele shaman scales with gear.
I raided most of vanilla as a elemental shaman, but I'd often just heal even in ele spec. BWL was never much of a problem to do as dps once it was on farm since the bosses die so fast, but AQ40 and Naxx was significantly more difficult to keep up on the mana regain.

Always hated how I'd have lightning bolts hitting for around 1.1k when AQ40 came out and couldn't function as a pure dps without abusing consumables out the ass. My gear at that time was rather insane since I pretty much raided solely to get better elemental gear.

I've just started playing on Nostalrius so I'd guess the spec would function better now with most people having far more experience in the game compared to 10 years ago so you don't have 15-20 people putting in minimal or having no clue how to play so fights don't last as long.

I wouldn't mind having another go at elemental in TBC though where the spec actually brought good enough buffs to really justify the spec in a raid environment.
Cragen
Tester

by Magus » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:25 am

don julios is not available for shamans only lock mage priest i believe.
Talents

In my opinion it would be the best to stack Spellpower and Int. You simply overpower the resistance and with a great manapool you can cast for quite some time. Dont worry about crit you get it through World buffs onyHead zgHeart...Plus darkmoon and or songflower if you want to.
Last edited by Magus on Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magus
Private
Private

by Thatoneguy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:45 am

Thanks Magus, nice to see you're trying out Elemental Shaman.

I suspected you guys would be fast since you had no mana problems but damn, doing BWL in less than 1 hour and 30 minutes is very fast. You won't have mana problems when most bosses drop within 2 minutes :D
Thatoneguy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Niini » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:12 am

Ahhh its actually also don rodriguez (or something like that) amd its not out yet
Niini
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Shaman