Elemental shaman with pvp gear?

Elemental shaman with pvp gear?

by damnson » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:55 pm

Hi guys!

I'm a new player, played vanilla long long time ago. I think I will go shaman but there is one thing that bug me :/. I want to go elemental in pvp (all I want to do that in fact is pvp), but warlord gear is only for enh or its me?

Thanks!
damnson
Tester

Re: Elemental shaman with pvp gear?

by vathdaar » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:01 pm

shaman gear for pvp works fine since shamans stack their max out of spell crit (especially at the start where there is not a reliable source of mail armor sets).

so pretty much r10 shoulders and gloves together with r13 chest,boots, pants and head is the best MAIL armor you ll get for elemental in pretty much the first 6 months of the server. Later on you can get the AB spell crit dagger and some nice shield and there you go.

To answer your question, yes, shaman pvp gear is good, but can get better mixed with other SP gear later on.

Pros: its mail, it has VERY GOOD stamina (r13 gear), will give you good survivavility, which as a shaman you need to not be "papermade" and get blown by any melee.
Cons: It has low amount of spell damage. (its good at the start, gets worse with BWL but still suitable, and especially outdated at AQ/naxx).
<GOD>
Lord of the <Local Ungoro Mafia>
Curator <NOPE>
vathdaar
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by zusukie » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:36 am

damnson wrote:Hi guys!

I'm a new player, played vanilla long long time ago. I think I will go shaman but there is one thing that bug me :/. I want to go elemental in pvp (all I want to do that in fact is pvp), but warlord gear is only for enh or its me?

Thanks!

If you go for r13 you are pretty much set until aq40 comes out. you go for 4/6 r13 (legs boots chest helm) and wear the shoulders and gloves of the r10 set. when aq40 comes out you go for 2/6 r13 (legs + boots) and 3/5 t2,5 (shoulders , helm , chest).
While ranking you will get exalted with all 3 bgs which will give you access to good accessoires ( arathi belt , arathi spelldmg dagger , wsg rings , wsg cloth bracers etc.)
Zusukie - High Warlord Shaman Class Leader of <Emphasis>

zusukie
Grunt
Grunt

by Killstick » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:20 am

vathdaar wrote:shaman gear for pvp works fine since shamans stack their max out of spell crit (especially at the start where there is not a reliable source of mail armor sets).

so pretty much r10 shoulders and gloves together with r13 chest,boots, pants and head is the best MAIL armor you ll get for elemental in pretty much the first 6 months of the server. Later on you can get the AB spell crit dagger and some nice shield and there you go.

To answer your question, yes, shaman pvp gear is good, but can get better mixed with other SP gear later on.

Pros: its mail, it has VERY GOOD stamina (r13 gear), will give you good survivavility, which as a shaman you need to not be "papermade" and get blown by any melee.
Cons: It has low amount of spell damage. (its good at the start, gets worse with BWL but still suitable, and especially outdated at AQ/naxx).

If he wants to go full damage Ele PvP (solo play) thats fine. But if he wants to premade with a 30/0/21 spec He can do better with some spelldamage for backup heals. However like you said right off the bat 1.4 and by only doing PvP + without gimping into cloth.

But you will indeed fall behind if you only PvP. T2 is nice for PvP aswell (5 pieces will give you both a chain heal buff and increased crit).

Ofcourse being a hybrid class and having only 1 PvP set in Vanilla it is geared towards all 3 specs at the same time. This would be great if we could spec 31/31/31 but ofc we can't. You can pick up the PvP set pieces that suit your spec and fill those up with raid items.

Once AQ40 comes, like vathadaar said, you will start lagging behind seriously. Especially if you will go for the solo play instead of the hybrid elemental/resto play.

Its just the way the cookie crumbles for hybrids in vanilla sadly
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by kegboy123 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:34 am

lets be real you wont get rank 13 gear anyways unless you account share for 5 months and non stop playing
kegboy123
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by vathdaar » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:24 am

kegboy123 wrote:lets be real you wont get rank 13 gear anyways unless you account share for 5 months and non stop playing

clueless.
<GOD>
Lord of the <Local Ungoro Mafia>
Curator <NOPE>
vathdaar
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by snawfu » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:25 am

kegboy123 wrote:lets be real you wont get rank 13 gear anyways unless you account share for 5 months and non stop playing

Realistically it takes about 12-14 weeks depending where you start and no account sharing needed.
Just lots of time :^)

And it's only really non-stop playing toward the end my dude.
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by kegboy123 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:32 pm

snawfu wrote:

Realistically it takes about 12-14 weeks depending where you start and no account sharing needed.

ok but vs chinese players no acc sharing? everyone who got rank 14 acc shared
kegboy123
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by snawfu » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:54 pm

kegboy123 wrote:
snawfu wrote:

ok but vs chinese players no acc sharing? everyone who got rank 14 acc shared

No they didn't.
If you had a decent premade you could outfarm the chinas.
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Shaman