will probably roll an ele, some questions now!

will probably roll an ele, some questions now!

by flowison » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:01 pm

hi folks!

mostly everyone suggests an enhancment build for efficiently leveling.
is an ele/resto build much slower? (more time spending drinking?)

what is the rotation for leveling?

what talents can i skip buying from trainer?

how should i spend my talents if i decide to go ele?
(i would go enhancement, 1+shield, till 40. 30/0/21 then)
which race is best for pvp / which for pve?

is there a pvp bis list for elemental shamans?
got it:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=39400

thank you guys!

edit: ok, i could answer some of my questions by myself. pls correct me, if i am wrong.
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: will probably roll an ele, some questions now!

by sgtnanners » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:26 pm

Enhancement builds have higher uptime because you arent nearly as mana reliant. I like this build for leveling http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hE0zxzhoZxVfzV0ux . You use a fast 1h with flametongue and a shield all the way to 60.

Rotation depends on what you play but there really is no rotation for enhancement just try and rush clear casting and spam low rank shocks at all times.

As far as what race, troll is the obvious pick for pve but I hear the haste is bugged. For pvp, both tauren and orc have their uses but I would say orc is better.
sgtnanners
Sergeant
Sergeant

by flowison » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:28 pm

thank you for your answer!
what stats should i am for while leveling?

ap/str/int?
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by sgtnanners » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:33 pm

Because its a bit of a hybrid spec you can be well rounded stat wise. I would just aim for maximizing str/agil/stam but int isnt bad to get either.
sgtnanners
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ShaqPack » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:51 pm

People say to go enhancement because you inevitably are going to have to melee far more often than cast spells, even as elemental, you will still go oom quick. On the flip side enhancement shamans can chain pull without ever having to stop for drinks if done right. Many prefers one hander and a shield, I personally think a two hander is more fun because the burst can break up the monotony of leveling, not to mention the inevitable instances of world pvp.

While leveling, strength is pretty much the best stat, from there it is debatable but I think spirit is very worth while. Because shaman's wear leather and then move on to mail, it's often hard finding gear that actually has strength on it, spirit is very useful simply it gives you the option of using more spells to speed up the leveling process. The big thing is to just stay out of the 5 second rule for as long as possible. Stamina isn't really needed, since you can heal your self, it's pretty hard to actually die as a shaman and earth bind with ghost wolf makes escaping pretty easy. Int isn't bad, but in my personal opinion isn't as useful as spirit since spirit can greatly speed up your grinding experience. Agility isn't nearly as good for shamans as it is for rogues and hunters.

Under ideal conditions, you should be able to drop all totem types, and from there just chain pull mobs into your totem radius. Dropping totems is expensive but they are well worth the cost if they last the entire duration, but they often aren't worth dropping if they only benefit you on one single mob.

Elemental definitely does kill mobs faster, really the biggest problem is that you will have to drink after damn near every pull, but if you don't mind this, it can be viable. I wouldn't consider putting points in resto though (until elemental is maxed out), you'll be able to heal just fine as long as you get int gear.
ShaqPack
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Killstick » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:11 am

Enhancement is not really all that for leveling either.
Its rather gear dependant (weapons)
If WF does proc it is often overkill
You will take more damage with also = downtime
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by flowison » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:13 pm

lets discuss following situation:

1 mob
1h (flametongue) + shield vs. 2h (windfury)

only use auto attack, and self-heal when necessary

which build can farm longer (before going oom) = more efficiency

(and if you wont get oom that way, then lets say you spend mana for totems/shocks)
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by flowison » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:46 am

what do you guys think about this wpvp/bg support build:

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hE0zLcZE0bZVcIz0xo

i picked many def talents, such as:
eye of the storm,
shield spec.
imp. ghostwolf,
ancestral healing,

i barely see shield specialization in other builds. what you think about this?
are the 5 points better to put in healing focus?

what about nature's guidance?

thats my second version:
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#hE0zLcZx0bZVctt0xo

what u think?
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Shaman