Holy Paladin BiS and Pre-Raid BiS

Re: Holy Paladin BiS and Pre-Raid BiS

by JCarrill0 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:33 pm

SV001 wrote:Hey,I want to ask a question, it seems that alot of pally are trying to have more heal power on this server.

Some people told me it's better to get mp5 capped and then get as much intel as possible ( crits=no mana spend.)

What are your tough on that?

when you compare to a shaman, MP5 is what you would want to be a good healer, but as a shaman.
Paladins use Crit and +healing to maximize their efficiency. it would be wise to stack +healing gear (and enchants) over +Mana per 5.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by SV001 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:47 am

So the priority order would be :

crits/intel>+heal>mp5 (is there a cap still?)

Or something like that?
SV001
Private
Private

by DrearyYew » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:49 pm

You equate stats in terms of equivalency points.

Based on my calculations for current gear levels, here are the equivalency points.

Healing Power = 1
Intellect = 1
Spell Crit = 20.34
MP5 = 1.91
Spirit = 0

You can't just say one stat is better than the other, gear isn't normalized like it is in retail.

There's no "cap" on anything. The higher your MP5 and Crit, the more you can spam higher rank spells and Holy Light. I'm not very close to full BiS and my mana is fine spamming max rank FoL (you can see my gear in my signature).
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by SV001 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:40 pm

Alright, thanks alot , I understand better now.
SV001
Private
Private

by Avise » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:03 am

DrearyYew wrote:Mana isn't an issue for us, making +Healing extremely valuable.

Which is exactly why robes of the exalted > volatile power, dawnbringer shoulders > t2 etc.

No point in getting spell crit nor mp5 over healing at this point, fights are so short and mana pots cheap (I rarely have to use them anyway). You won't go oom, and raw heal+ is a way bigger benefit than trying to get healing from crit stacking. Was the exact same ridiculous story on feenix.. Full t3 palas using dragonslayer's signet for pve holy.. xd
It is hard to win an argument with a smart person.
It is impossible to win an argument with an idiot.
Avise
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by DrearyYew » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:31 am

That won't be the story when AQ progression starts
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Avise » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:23 pm

Agreed, but has it started? =)
It is hard to win an argument with a smart person.
It is impossible to win an argument with an idiot.
Avise
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:42 pm

Avise wrote:Agreed, but has it started? =)

only on content 1.7 atm.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Imbaslap » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:04 pm

nelths tear BIS on a pally..
maybe you should rethink how you play this game.

pallies have the most mana efficiency in the game with FoL spamming.
crit % buffs mana refunding and healing throughput.

ZHC should be #1 trinket as it boosts all your healing abilities for burst healing.
hibernation gem next patch is another to consider.
rejuv gem is BIS for every healing class.
considering that you have rejuv gem. you should consider getting an ON USE trinket for reactive healing scenarios.
if you don't have rejuv gem, use DM trinket/briarwood reed for +healing gain. if you need mp5 then go for the shard of scale. if you're going for a nelths tear as a holy pally, I dunno what to tell you aside from this. "please rethink how you play this game." :roll:

btw, do heals get resisted if you don't have enough spell hit? :lol: :shock:
oh right, they always land.. so why are you going for 2% spell hit then? and how is the spell damage from nelths tear considered highest over every other trinket in the game? are you that clueless of how healing works in MMO's?

cleanse botting - mp5 heavy trinkets
avg healing - +heal trinkets with some on use trinkets
intense healing - mix of everything +heal CD trinket to use during short bursts of raid damage.
also consider the haste trinket from BWL and how to combo that with holy light bursts during intense healing fights.

even in AQ40/Naxx, you will not have ANY intense healing fights that will require a nelths tear.... consider the other options and please rethink how you play this game.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by DrearyYew » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:25 am

Obviously Neltharion's Tear isn't BiS for the 2% Spell Hit. I'm not a fucking retard. You can talk to Duki if you're looking for one.

Paladins are meant to be sustained raid healers. ZHC is a great trinket, I'm not saying it isn't. There's 2 things that make it worse than Neltharion's Tear. First is the total amount of healing power over a 2 minute period. Over a 2 minute period, Neltharion's Tear provides more +Healing than ZHC. Yes, in some fights, there is predictable bursts of raid damage, in which ZHC would be superior. However, many fights do not. Obviously Neltharion's Tear is designed for casters, and as I have said many times, you should not take a Neltharion's Tear over a caster. However, if you are fortunate enough to have enough Neltharion's Tear drops, take one once your casters have it and replace ZHC with it.

The same logic can be applied to Scrolls of Blinding Light.
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin