Geld's Revised Guide to the Paladin Class 08/25/2006

Re: 0. Geld's Revised Guide to the Paladin Class

by Wolfrig » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:50 am

smilkovpetko wrote:Healing Light (3/3), increases the amount healed by Holy Light and Flash of Light by 4/8/12%
Very nice talent. Only increases the base healing of the heals, so it does not scale with +healing gear, but it increases the amount of healing the paladin deals by a great enough deal that it’s still very worth it even for a paladin with extraordinary healing gear. 3/3 it if you’re going higher then tier-3 in the holy tree[ Post edited by Geld ]

Is it true that this talent does not scale with +healing gear? Wasn't the formula for heal scaling something like: (base heal + heal from gear) * 1.1(for other healers) or *1.12 for paladins? That way, for example, a priest's renew would scale like this: (base heal + heal from gear) *1.1 * 1.15?

I am asking because on some guides I read that total healing is worked out as I wrote above, so I'm just wondering if what Geld wrote is just paladin-exclusive.

Also, how does +dmg for mages/locks work? Does the 10% bonus from talents increase just their base, or do the base and gear bonus spellpower combine and then get increased by 10%.

I hope I didn't complicate things right now, I'm just interested in how spellpower from gear works. :)
Wolfrig
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:07 am

Wolfrig wrote:
smilkovpetko wrote:Healing Light (3/3), increases the amount healed by Holy Light and Flash of Light by 4/8/12%
Very nice talent. Only increases the base healing of the heals, so it does not scale with +healing gear, but it increases the amount of healing the paladin deals by a great enough deal that it’s still very worth it even for a paladin with extraordinary healing gear. 3/3 it if you’re going higher then tier-3 in the holy tree[ Post edited by Geld ]

Is it true that this talent does not scale with +healing gear? Wasn't the formula for heal scaling something like: (base heal + heal from gear) * 1.1(for other healers) or *1.12 for paladins? That way, for example, a priest's renew would scale like this: (base heal + heal from gear) *1.1 * 1.15?

I am asking because on some guides I read that total healing is worked out as I wrote above, so I'm just wondering if what Geld wrote is just paladin-exclusive.

Also, how does +dmg for mages/locks work? Does the 10% bonus from talents increase just their base, or do the base and gear bonus spellpower combine and then get increased by 10%.

I hope I didn't complicate things right now, I'm just interested in how spellpower from gear works. :)

This is ® By Retail Blizzard 1.12

Geld is explaining only how Paladin Talents are working and suppose to work .

If you find something that someone says the opposite of this then that mean it's either "not working proper (bugged) in Nostalrius" or either people don't have evidence of what they say .

Check the link at main page as clean proof that is ® Blizzard.

p.s i can't talk regarding any other class since i never investigated neither i know anything regarding warlocks/mages.

http://web.archive.org/web/200611102300 ... 2497&sid=1

feel free to investigate that by yourself there . (everything explained for mage) .

http://web.archive.org/web/200611102258 ... 1559&sid=1

for warlock
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Re: Geld's Revised Guide to the Paladin Class 08/25/2006

by Holystrike » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:42 pm

nice post man.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.
Holystrike
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theloras » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:46 pm

Wolfrig wrote:

Is it true that this talent does not scale with +healing gear?

Correct, the Healing Light talent only boosted base healing to Holy Light and Flash of Light by 12% during Vanilla.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by JCarrill0 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:56 pm

Geld wrote:Anticipation (5/5), increases your Defense skill by 2/4/6/8/10
I explained what defense did earlier, and this talent does exactly what it says. Not a very good talent, and I recommend skipping it. Anticipation has no gear scaling and costs too much for only 10 defense. Also, +defense reduces the effectiveness of Redoubt and Reckoning, since it reduces the amount you’re crit. Self-defeating

See this is why I disagree with some of the stuff this guy explains. Seriously, what Tankadin in their right mind would SKIP this Talent?

Geld wrote:Reckoning (5/5): Gives you a 20/40/60/80/100% chance to gain an extra attack after being the victim of a critical strike.
I’m not going in to reckoning here, it’s too complex. Look up a reckoning guide.

Duki, did he have one? Find it and apply it if he did please.

Geld wrote:Improved Seal of the Crusader (3/3), Increases the melee attack power bonus of your Seal of the Crusader and the Holy damage increase of your Judgement of the Crusader by 5/10/15%.
This is a bad talent. It’s just bad. Don’t get it.

Duki, come on, you reading this stuff right?

smilkovpetko wrote:(i found the original website links)
Did copy from the links and used Nostalrius Talent Calculator

can I see the original links, I don't think the new one are accurate, he even explains he doesn't use imp Crusader or Anticipation.

Geld wrote:Quite frankly, Imp SotC is (as I posted under the talent guide section), a flat out weak talent. 3 talent points for ~30 spelldamage is not my idea of a wise investment. However, 3% damage aversion is always a powerful tool. Sure, if you want to put the point in Imp SotC you can, but my builds all do their best to totally avoid talents that provide a benefit to you that is below par.

Did I mention I found his toon?
Geld wrote:SoC gains a 29% bonus from +Holy effects (9% more then regular +spells). This is chiefly important with JotC
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:57 pm

you can also see the blizzard forum and this person sticky topic .

Geld is explaining only how Paladin Talents are working and suppose to work .
(with some of his own opinions if that suit for him or not)

Regarding Anticipation (5/5)

See this is why I disagree with some of the stuff this guy explains. Seriously, what Tankadin in their right mind would SKIP this Talent?

He is talking about Reckoning proc and Redoubt . He didn't specify for pvp or pve or tankadin.
He simple said that if you are def cap then you can't have reckoning and redoubt.
Also unless you get 440 def with the talent then anticipation is still useless.

Regarding Reckoning (5/5):

Duki, did he have one? Find it and apply it if he did please

Didn't search for that yet as i (personally) felt not important one.

Regarding Improved Seal of the Crusader (3/3) :

Duki, come on, you reading this stuff right?

In Nostalrius this is currently bugged , but when it is fixed then the talent and spell is worthless to use :
Bugs apparently now : (each hit damage should get reduced and it doesn't) , (consecration stack with AP and it shouldn't) , 12 or 15 Holy Damage is ok but still he have his own point of view as this is his own Guide.

can I see the original links, I don't think the new one are accurate, he even explains he doesn't use imp Crusader or Anticipation.

open the website from the main page and use archive viewer for his links.

Did i mention i found his toon ?

The website you post i can't open.
p.s this is using webarchiver and i leak his guide from 2006 patch 1.12 you can feel free open it at mainpage.

also http://web.archive.org/web/200611102258 ... 1828&sid=1

He says later:

Ok, it won't let me change the original subject, so I guess I have to repost ><

Interesting fact about these forums. Ugh.

(perhaps that's why he didn't change sotc talent description) .
Last edited by smilkovpetko on Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:47 pm, edited 8 times in total.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by smilkovpetko » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:28 pm

p.s he is kinda more focused in pvp instead pve (regarding the comments later) .

The topic intention is to make full explanation regarding talents,pvp role and some basic stuffs.
His Tankadin Spec is related toward more damage return and aoe tanking.

also my other goal was to see "which talent" does work same as retail and nostalrius.
(apparently some didn't match)
p.s The most important is that this is exact pre tbc time posted there.

JC : Find his "reckoning" things here :

http://web.archive.org/web/200611102253 ... 0018&sid=1

i am kinda harsh to search over 121 pages for that :D :D
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Previous

Return to Paladin