Consecration (the battle for and with evidences)

Re: Consecration (the battle for and with evidences)

by smilkovpetko » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:41 am

Rosenwyn wrote:I did some testing on 8 lvl owls outside of Darnassus
1. Naked (AP 149) - consecration ticks 14
2. STR gear (AP 243) - consecration ticks 18
3. SP (minor wizard oil +8 SP) - consecration ticks 14
4. INT/SPI gear (AP 149) - consecration ticks 14 (just in case)

I played a protpally in BC and paladin spells depended only on SP there. I'm not sure if vanilla was different. I used a sp weapon, wizard oils and sometimes rings with sp and sp elixirs to hold aggro effectively.

BTW, smilkovpetko, you posted a link to one of the Atraira movies. It seems like he reads the comments. Maybe you can ask him.

I have evidences that SP doesn't work proper with consecration but i will stay reserved from posting them because i got pissed that 2 of my reports was denied based on assumptions

BTW, smilkovpetko, you posted a link to one of the Atraira movies. It seems like he reads the comments. Maybe you can ask him.

I just pointed his video. but it is one of every other source (as example). Also i posted the old video (8 years ago) of protection paladin tanking pre bc as another evidence. same as i did with every single blizzard archiver and blizzard sources as evidence.

attack power should never scale with consecration in vanilla . never did and i was also playing 10 years as i clearly know how stuffs was and used to be.

Another thing is they also denied one-handed weap spec similar like consecration . (based to assumptions) .
If i didn't know this why would i reported them at first? even with blizzard evidences posted.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Rosenwyn » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:52 am

What is definitely funny that AP boosts healing also! I've just tested it on my 25 lvl pally.
naked (149 AP) - flash of light - 66-74
STR gear (243 AP) - 71-75
*giggles*
Rosenwyn
Grunt
Grunt

by Holystrike » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:07 pm

Rosenwyn wrote:What is definitely funny that AP boosts healing also! I've just tested it on my 25 lvl pally.
naked (149 AP) - flash of light - 66-74
STR gear (243 AP) - 71-75
*giggles*

considering those ranges over lap im guessing you did limited testing on that and just resulted in some low ball and highball figures which skewed the testing...
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.
Holystrike
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Rosenwyn » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:54 pm

I used 50 Flash of Light in both cases. I guess it's enough. But surely you can test it yourself with amount of Flash of Light you consider satisfactory.

You should take into consideration that due to low level (as I have said, my pally in only 25) there is not so much str on his gear. I'm sure if a well-geared 60 lvl pally does the same tests the healing numbers would differ more.
Last edited by Rosenwyn on Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rosenwyn
Grunt
Grunt

by tobor » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:57 pm

Personally I think the 2.0.1 note regarding AP scaling might be in reference to beta patches where Cons did indeed scale with AP, and not live (vanilla) patches. But, it's just a guess, I can't find any relevant TBC beta patch notes by googling. I don't remember how it was in live vanilla either really, not sure if I even had it since it was a talent, but I do remember it being a pretty low damage spell. On Nostalrius even rank 1 does respectable damage.
tobor
Private
Private

by smilkovpetko » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:08 pm

See that is actually the case and problem :

No evidence , just assumptions toward wowwiki note which is not reliable source and mostly edited / mistaken

Every source shows that attack power is never mention in live , neither in pts , attack power scaling is simple not existing in vanilla and tbc.

It came in Wotlk and thats it.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Consecration

Here is another source that this patch note doesn't exist.

The current patch note written/edited on wowwiki is written at Revision as of 10:24, October 24, 2011 by Germaine59

Before 2011

in no other revision , neither any other patch writers in wowwiki have been written this.

Look how it was posted before 2011 :

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Consecrat ... id=2378962

Revision as of 22:56, September 9, 2010 by Ryoketsu

The patch note with attack power doesn't exist here. Neither in any previous revisions.

(as i said , trusting edited wowwiki and denying every single evidence by videos/blizzard notes/blizzard websites/blizzard forums) is just lame and modified based on assumptions only.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by stif » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:37 pm

this starts to look like an detective show :D
stif
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by squishums » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:07 am

Shouldnt it be super easy to determine this?

Even if we cant trust the memories of people who played paladins in retail vanilla, theres SO MANY VIDEOS out there.

You just need to find a few videos where a paladin without too much spell power.....uses max rank consecration. If it hits hard then it must be scaling with AP. If it does not hit hard then it must only be scaling with spell power.

I want to level a paladin, but all the bugs really put me off....even though many of them are actually beneficial. This server is great, but it is really odd how buggy paladins are compared to the rest of the server.
squishums
Private
Private

by smilkovpetko » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:20 pm

https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=2762

another report set to invalid , good luck guys . i am done with that .

getting couple of beers and enjoying in what i can do only , no more efforts since got 0 support and every evidence got denied.

it's all up to you guys now . i won't care anymore.

Good luck
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Impsie » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:12 am

Only six abilities in Vanilla scale with Attack Power:
Eviscerate
Ferocious Bite
Garrote
Rake
Rip
Rupture

Consecration did not gain AP scaling until WotLK. It only scales with 33% of your spell damage.

So much for Blizzlike I guess eh?
Impsie
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin