Cleansebotting as Ret/Reck in PvP.

Cleansebotting as Ret/Reck in PvP.

by GTrax » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:03 am

A paladin has to support his teammates one way or another, in a team fight. One of the ways is by Spamming Cleanse on every free GCD(and we do have lots of free GCDs since the only things we can cast for extra dmg are Seals and Judgement.). You may ask why the hell would a retri want to spam Cleanse all the time, whats up with that? Well, the thing is since a Retri paladin can Melee and cast Cleanse all at the same time without getting any penalities to dmg(wont push back swing timer) It is an awesome way to help our team even further while happily bashing hordes in the skulls.

One add-on that helps VERY MUCH with cleansespam is Detox. I highly reccomend that you get that add-on and use "/detox clean" macro. It let's you cleanse friends without having to target them at all and also when using this macro you can keep swinging at an enemy while cleansing without having your auto attack stoped(cuz of changing targets etc.). It automatically cleanses a friendly target depending on class/target/debuff priorities that can be changed in the options of the addon. Works the same way as Decursive's "/decursive" macro, but I've found Detox to be the better addon for the job.
http://addons.us.to/addon/detox - here is the link to Detox addon.

Doing 24/7 Cleansespam while in a fight ensures that a huge amount of dots/cc/imobilize debufs are being removed from your allies as well as from yourself. That makes most of Warlock/Mage/Druid/Spriest CC and dot arsenal pretty useless against allies near you (as long as there is not too many enemy casters around, because you wont be able to keep up with cleansing the amount of debuffs they produce). This gives a huge overall advantage to your team and people will love you for it.

I've seen many fellow Retri/Reck paladins fighting and doing nothing else but swinging at the enemy, and it makes me sad. It is our duty and should be an honor also to cleanse any sick disease, a nasty poison, or magic from our allies, so please if you want to play Retri or Reck Paladin I beg you to learn using the most powerfull and HELLACHEAP(120mana) spell we got in our arsenal while still playing the spec you enjoy. We dont have many other buttons to press while waiting auto attack to go off anyways.

P.S:
I've discovered that spamming Cleanse generates a lot of horde aggro so know that as soon as they notice you spamming cleanse like mad they ARE GONNA FOCUS YOU ALL OF EM, THEY GONA HATE YOUR GUTTS. Especially all the horde mages and warlocks. You have been warned.
Uta Shadowbreaker is my name. Break them shadows them Spriests and Locks.
Uta- 21/0/30 Paladin. #ForeverRet
GTrax
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Cleansebotting as Ret/Reck in PvP.

by smilkovpetko » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:14 am

GTrax wrote:P.S:
I've discovered that spamming Cleanse generates a lot of horde aggro so know that as soon as they notice you spamming cleanse like mad they ARE GONNA FOCUS YOU ALL OF EM, THEY GONA HATE YOUR GUTTS. Especially all the horde mages and warlocks. You have been warned.

lol'd , good taunt for generating our reckbomb charges :)
even decursive works good , problem is "warrior" slackers that they are afraid of being oom and not bothering to click cleanse or Blessing of sacrifice .
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by GTrax » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:54 pm

I know right? If you do it right you can hold better aggro than a warrior in PvP, kek.
GTrax
Grunt
Grunt

by PeaceHammer » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:12 pm

Support paladins (one's who actually cleanse/buff) are underrated/underplayed in PvP. Cleansing doesn't show up as a sexy stat, or give you a boner like a reck-bomb crit, but damn all those cleanses add up to a huge benefit for your team.
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Avise » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:48 am

Yesterday a pugger ret pal was spamming cleanse on team while I was sitting next to him in reckless charge. There's more to cleansing than just spamming a macro...
It is hard to win an argument with a smart person.
It is impossible to win an argument with an idiot.
Avise
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by GTrax » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:10 am

Yes, there is always occasions in which you gotta look around and manually select important CCs that have to be cleansed asap, you are totally right about that. But its better to cleansespam with a macro whenever there's no need for such manual target cleansing etc, than to do no cleansing at all or try cleansespamming without an addon.
Same thing I can say about 90% of mages not decursing healers(pls remove curse of tongue atleast...), there is more to being a Mage than throwing Frostbolts at the enemy.
GTrax
Grunt
Grunt

by smilkovpetko » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:45 am

GTrax wrote:Yes, there is always occasions in which you gotta look around and manually select important CCs that have to be cleansed asap, you are totally right about that. But its better to cleansespam with a macro whenever there's no need for such manual target cleansing etc, than to do no cleansing at all or try cleansespamming without an addon.
Same thing I can say about 90% of mages not decursing healers(pls remove curse of tongue atleast...), there is more to being a Mage than throwing Frostbolts at the enemy.

Blessing of Sacrifice toward others =you are immune to cc
Cleanse others = They can't be affected by cc
Build up reckbomb charges = reckbomb the taunted target while you do the 2 things above.

Use Retri Sets or Heal Set for extra mana and "pretend" yourself as Healer waiting to Reckbomb someone.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Return to Paladin