Theloras' Retribution Guide

Re: Theloras' Retribution Guide

by Sallerius » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:41 am

Yeah, but this guy said "from what i read"...It would be nice to see some screens from 2005 with gm answers about this.Dont get me wrong, ur knowledge of this things is mt everest compared to mine.I just wanned to know specialy for classic vanilla wow, does "all resistance" included holy too.Was there any way to see ingame holy res(when u drink Flask of Chromatic Resistance) by typing command or smth?
Sallerius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:48 am

Sallerius wrote:Yeah, but this guy said "from what i read"...It would be nice to see some screens from 2005 with gm answers about this.Dont get me wrong, ur knowledge of this things is mt everest compared to mine.I just wanned to know specialy for classic vanilla wow, does "all resistance" included holy too.Was there any way to see ingame holy res(when u drink Flask of Chromatic Resistance) by typing command or smth?

Denying official Blizzard statement means that you need to "Prove" . Go ahead and give me 1 evidence that will show us "Resist" on Holy by PVP .

Speaking about 2005 : Patch 0.7 Holy Resistance is now replaced with Arcane Resistance.

I am 100% sure that you can't comprehend even this same as you can't comprehend official Blizzard statement. https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... 30#p310196

http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=686 ... resistance

By catchmeifyoucan on 2007/12/30 at 3:11 AM (Patch 2.3.0)
Anyway, I've done some research on other forums about a Holy dmg and resistance. My conclusion is not based on expert info, so feel free to corect me...
The way I see it holy power does not belong to a magic school, but is more of a healing essence/power/thingy(whatever you want to refer to it)...
It is intended for healing, but can be used for DMG, though at high mana cost and low DPS...
Though you can't increase your resistance to it, it still hold a character lvl difference resistance, the bigger the difference in lvl, the more or less you can resist it...
The alternative way to protect yourself from it is my getting yourself potions which absorb holy DMG...
The last thing to remeber is that if you see item or more commonly gem which gives "+x resist all", it does NOT include Holy DMG.

Hope thread was of use to you guyz, keep posting for any questions or corrections!

And still Horns are raised . And still miracle happens . It reminds me on quotation "When man said the Earth is Round he got hang up by Believers because it oppose their beliefs"
Last edited by smilkovpetko on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Sallerius » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:56 am

Official blizz stat-
They would not offer holy resistance "from what i have read"(i can read wowhead too, this guy isnt viable),HOWEVER its old information as they were removed 2 exp ago. Again, not much of an answer.I followed ur discusion with imbalap about this(offtopic bout crestfall), i think he didnt understood what u were talking about.I dont care for holy resistance, coz pallies was never my fav, but this is interesting topic, coz holy resistance is pally nightmare, right?

ok, http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=686 ... resistance -this is good stuff
Last edited by Sallerius on Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sallerius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:59 am

Sallerius wrote:Official blizz stat-
They would not offer holy resistance "from what i have read"(i can read wowhead too, this guy isnt viable),HOWEVER its old information as they were removed 2 exp ago. Again, not much of an answer.I followed ur discusion with imbalap about this(offtopic bout crestfall), i think he didnt understood what u were talking about.I dont care for holy resistance, coz pallies was never my fav, but this is interesting topic, coz holy resistance is pally nightmare, right?

Re read the edited post : https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... 98#p310198

By catchmeifyoucan on 2007/12/30 at 3:11 AM (Patch 2.3.0)

(i can read wowhead too, this guy isnt viable)

If people who experienced and said back in times are not Viable , if Blizzard official statement today is not Viable then maybe Crestfall with their Piracy Modified Client is Viable? :D :D :D :D Nice habits to see in this modern kids.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Sallerius » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:08 am

Yeah, that post was much better than that legion gm;) Ok, that sums it all.Only base holy resistance, all items with "all res" do not affect holy.Hehe, i guess there was no item with "+x holy resistance" in game. Ok, thanks man.Enjoy.
Sallerius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theoloras » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:01 pm

An FYI to all my fellow brothers and sisters of the Light - Duki, Geofram and I have started playing on Valkyrie-Elysium and it looks pretty good so far.

Paladin mechanics are working properly and the speed at which bug fixes done by the devs have been quite fast:

Cheddarcakes
Новичок

Pip
9 posts
Пока неопределено
Posted 07 August 2016 - 08:07
I'm happy to see most paladin spells and coefficients working as intended with a few minor problems I'm hoping to see change within the next few bug fixes.

Here are paladin's coefficient as they were in Vanilla:

10% Seal of Righteousness with 1 handed weapon
12,5% Seal of Righteousness with 2 handed weapon
50% Judgement of Righteousness
20% Seal of Command
29% Seal of Command (only with +holy damage bonuses)
43% Judgement of Command
33% Consecration
43% Holy Shock
43% Hammer of Wrath
43% Exorcism
19% Holy Wrath
00% Blessing of Sanctuary ;_;
20% Holy Shield (distributed between 4 charges)
00% Retribution Aura ;_;
71% Holy Light
43% Flash of Light
100% Eye for an Eye

I've tested nearly all of these, and they seem to be working 100% accurately.

Seal of command scaling was impressive to see. It scales BOTH with sanctity and spell power as it is supposed to on this server. This was something a large portion of the Ret community had troubles with on Nost. Not only that, the Seal of Command + righteousness swings proc through shields such as power word: shield. This used to be a problem. Seal of command damage also scales with Seal of the Crusader holy damage increases, effectively having all their benefits in place for dealing damage.

Looking forward to seeing all of this on opening day.

I hope they can fix One-Handed Weapon Specialization for us Paladins. It's such a core talent to our TPS when prot. On another note, lets hope Blessing of Sanctuary will benefit from Judgement of the Crusader holy damage increases in the future too. I've posted all seemingly bugged abilities in the bug tracker and have got good feed back from the team running Elysium.

Be Hyped

https://valkyrie-wow.org/forum/index.ph ... opic=21615

killerduki
Новичок

Pip
8 posts
Пока неопределено
Posted Today, 15:28
Today after Server restart i notice changes : SoR Damage got fixed and JoTC damage increase to SoR fixed. Still need to test it further.

https://valkyrie-wow.org/forum/index.ph ... opic=21737

Come over and try it out everyone :)
Theoloras
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:41 am

Healer Paladins does 0.25 Threats in Valkyrie per heal which is correct and Blizzlike. (Explained according to Kenco Guide from 2006).

Overheals does not count and Threats is spread between all targets equal.

In Nostalrius Paladin Heals was doing 0.5 Threats and Threat was not spread between all targets.

p.s i make this comparison to show you the difference and properly scripted Abilities.

Seal of Righteousness is working pure Blizzlike in Valkyrie - Variate Damage per swings and scale properly .
(First and only Private server to have Damage Variation per swings properly).

One-Handed Weapon Spec is increasing SoR damage and it include the Spell Damage for it.
(First and only private server to have this Paladin Talent working properly).

And most important , the issue with Holy Resistance is solved! (Pure Blizzlike).

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t3 ... 2582_o.jpg
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by smegyy » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:19 am

God damn it, my friends rolled horde again. Seal of command damage works properly on stunned targets?
smegyy
Tester

by smilkovpetko » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:59 pm

smegyy wrote:God damn it, my friends rolled horde again. Seal of command damage works properly on stunned targets?

Yes! <3
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin