1.0/Early vanilla paladin tanking tree

Re: 1.0/Early vanilla paladin tanking tree

by Dr. Doom » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:49 am

smilkovpetko wrote:that is the reason why people been using rank 1 consecration ,threat was based of "each swing/tick" regardless of the damage.

Yes, I was noticing that. With Judgement of Fury being just under 4x more bonus threat than swinging with the Seal, it's hands down best to just put out as many ticks of holy damage as possible. I don't know how often did pre-1.9 righteousness procced, but as long as it's above 30%, it's already better threat than Seal of Fury.

Honestly, the way this is looking out to be, it seems that the 1.9 rework, while being very helpful for AoE tanking since consecration did +90% threat on every target as opposed to the single Judgement, this was a gigantic nerf for single target threat generation.

Although every source I find on JoF seems to agree on the 337 flat addition per tick, at some level I still doubt because it's just... incredibly good. This addition is above every single warrior heroic strike, sunder, etc. Only the maximum rank of revenge, from the AQ book is above.

Seal up, put retribution aura, aggro mob/boss, cast judgement, SoR, consecration 1. Getting 337 threat everytime he hits you + 337 threat every consecration tick + 337 threat everytime SoR procs, on top of the damage based threat from the aura, the melee/proc swings and consecration. Not unlikely to have above 4k, maybe almost 5k threat points after 10-12 seconds of fighting just from the bonus additions.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Re: 1.0/Early vanilla paladin tanking tree

by smilkovpetko » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:11 am

Seal of Righteousness was terrible pre 1.9 and the "known coefficient" today was from 2005 (pre 1.9) where after 1.9 they got revamp but sadly nobody mention the replacements.

tbh the threat was replaced and revamp with Righteous Fury because of the inventing "Spell Damage" such as lok'amir +++ , the reason Blizzard decide to do this was because our threats with the upcoming dungeons would been limited poorly, compare to how high it could go right now if you have something like 200 SP + Fervor libram (i am not talking bugged Nostalrius that SoR suckballs) .
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Previous

Return to Paladin