So I heard Ret paladin are garbage?

Re: So I heard Ret paladin are garbage?

by ihealwarrior » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:55 am

it is the best paladin 1v1 spec, but the larger the fight in pvp the weaker they are. premades wont take you.

1 rogue/fury = 2 rets in terms of dps

an arms warrior will also outdps a ret

casual / fun guilds will take you, but any guild which cares about math wont take you

if you want the ideal vanilla melee dps pve experience, its basically rogue or fury warrior - a ret playing absolutely flawlessly is about the dps of a slacking rogue.

paladins are stronger force multipliers than they are a force, just the way it is.
ihealwarrior
Private
Private

by TheFishyOne » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:11 am

Just play what you find to be the most interesting and fun. If you do, you will be far more motivated to become good, and no guild will take a bad player over a good one.

Myself, I play as a Prot Pally, mostly because I had no clue what I was doing in Vanilla and wanted to know whether or not I could raid Pallytank in Vanilla if I could go back, knowing what I know now about both Paladins and Tanking.

In the end, we were all there, we all did this, and we all got the tee shirt ten years ago. If you're Tryharding now, you're doing it wrong.
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Heglamore » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:20 pm

ihealwarrior wrote:it is the best paladin 1v1 spec, but the larger the fight in pvp the weaker they are. premades wont take you.

1 rogue/fury = 2 rets in terms of dps

an arms warrior will also outdps a ret

casual / fun guilds will take you, but any guild which cares about math wont take you

if you want the ideal vanilla melee dps pve experience, its basically rogue or fury warrior - a ret playing absolutely flawlessly is about the dps of a slacking rogue.

paladins are stronger force multipliers than they are a force, just the way it is.

An Arms Warrior would out-DPS a paladin on Vanilla retail. Currently, if they're both geared, Arms Warriors won't on Nostalrius due to rage starvation.
"you re ev il AND i kill y o u" - Malachie, Talking in 'Orc Gibberish'
Heglamore
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Dirtnasti » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:13 am

From a warrior perspectve ret paladins are the only paladins i have a chance against 1v1, because the mana pool is so small, i get rekt daily by holy paladins tho.
Dirtnasti
Private
Private

by JCarrill0 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:55 pm

Dirtnasti wrote:From a warrior perspectve ret paladins are the only paladins i have a chance against 1v1, because the mana pool is so small, i get rekt daily by holy paladins tho.

What about a Ret/reckadin? 0/26/25 spec? I seem to pwn faces!
Keep in mind, this was on other servers like PTR
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dirtnasti » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:58 pm

Ive only ran into 1 dwarf rekoning paladin in BG's, he dropped his stacks and hit me for like 3k damage in 1 swing and finished me off in his stun duration. I was pretty amazed. He was pretty geared but ended up going 4-9 in the battleground. I think with preparation and engineering rekpala is probally one of the strongest classes in the game for a true 1v1, but in bg's and mid to large scale pvp its just meh.
Dirtnasti
Private
Private

by smilkovpetko » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:15 pm

Dirtnasti wrote:From a warrior perspectve ret paladins are the only paladins i have a chance against 1v1, because the mana pool is so small, i get rekt daily by holy paladins tho.

That must be biggest noob paladin to fail by whatever spec warrior.

As deep ret you can 2 shot warrnabs . I solo killed when i was 56 lvl fury pvp geared lvl 60 warrior.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Dirtnasti » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:03 pm

2 shot a 6k hp 5k armor warrior in pvp gear nah man? mayby a warrior in leather pre raid pve gear tho. but yeah paladins hard counter warriors almost as hard as frost mages. The thing i noticed about paladins with 2 handers is they never carry a weapon chain so whenever i disarm i bait the bubble heal early. I 100% agree paladins should win that fight tho.
Dirtnasti
Private
Private

by Heglamore » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:03 am

smilkovpetko wrote:

That must be biggest noob paladin to fail by whatever spec warrior.

As deep ret you can 2 shot warrnabs . I solo killed when i was 56 lvl fury pvp geared lvl 60 warrior.

I agree with Smilk on this one -- I used to kill skull warriors for Mining nodes whom were wearing visible raid gear when I was level 51. I'd kill them for the Mithril in Blasted Lands and in Desolace. It took awhile, but it's easily possible for a properly geared Paladin of lower level (as retribution) to kill a warrior of much higher power. I potted. I layed on hands -- but I got my fucking Mithril most of the time. :-P

At 60 -- I don't lose 1v1 to warriors, and I still have green gear pieces (Hyperion Breastplate and Shoulders of the Tiger for strength and crit, but they're still green.) -- it's not even a contest 1v1 between freedom, immunity to disarm, and having armor-penetrating holy-damage.

Most of the time you don't even have to heal if you can prevent them from getting enough distance for intercept with freedom for any significant amount of time.

Granted, most ret paladins are no0bs.

I had a paladin in my guild who just made 60 wearing owl, hawk bear gear as ret, and claiming it helped him do more DPS because of the mana. I told him, if he's going to wear greens, he needs to pick a single animal and stick with it. >D

Bear is the poor-man's tanking and PvP.

Tiger is the poor-man's DPS.
"you re ev il AND i kill y o u" - Malachie, Talking in 'Orc Gibberish'
Heglamore
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Killstick » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:56 am

TheFishyOne wrote:Just play what you find to be the most interesting and fun.

What if i find it interesting and fun to do meaningful damage rather than just raidfill?
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin