So I heard Ret paladin are garbage?

So I heard Ret paladin are garbage?

by Vegeta9005 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:00 am

I want to start a character on this server due to severe boredom on retail, the game became so easy and boring that it's driving me crazy, so I want to have a pure vanilla experience to get some challenging leveling up.

I'm thinking about making a Ret Paladin, but I heard they are very bad and are refused in dungeons and raids It is true?

Are Ret paladin that bad, do their DPS sucks or something like that? I mean I'm one of these people that play the class that I enjoy playing the most, but if my favorite class is unplayable and not fun, then it's another story.

Can a Ret paladin explain to me?
Vegeta9005
Tester

Re: So I heard Ret paladin are garbage?

by smilkovpetko » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:32 pm

Vegeta9005 wrote:I want to start a character on this server due to severe boredom on retail, the game became so easy and boring that it's driving me crazy, so I want to have a pure vanilla experience to get some challenging leveling up.

I'm thinking about making a Ret Paladin, but I heard they are very bad and are refused in dungeons and raids It is true?

Are Ret paladin that bad, do their DPS sucks or something like that? I mean I'm one of these people that play the class that I enjoy playing the most, but if my favorite class is unplayable and not fun, then it's another story.

Can a Ret paladin explain to me?

The reason for that
they are bugged and can't be fixed as they never been fixed due to their complex mechanic.

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=25556

all the bugs are listed there ^
Last edited by smilkovpetko on Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Darkwinjax » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:36 pm

you can play ret in any guild that isn't hardcore and beat most of the dps there who are average players, assuming you know everything about your class and play perfect, but you will never have a spot in hardcore guilds due to pure dps classes simply doing more dmg than you when played correctly.
lookin like a school shooter when i walk into these halls
Darkwinjax
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Poli » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:11 am

As the others said, Rets are acceptable in non-hardcore and casual guilds and can do pretty well if you know how to play them. Just don't expect to top the dps charts and remember that first and foremost we're a support class, and be sure to keep a spare healing set on the side for non melee friendly fights.
Refer to Theloras' guide for more indepth info about Paladin dps.
Poli
Tester

by Fozzie92 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:59 am

Bottom line is that if you want to top meters then go fury warrior and learn everything about how to dps and have bis. If you want to play the game however you want to, just roll a pally and struggle a bit. Everyone's gonna full clear all content eventually anyway.
Fozzie92
Private
Private

by lupeh » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:44 pm

Do not listen to them, i am retri and im a bwl raiding guild.
It might be a bit harder to find a guild but eventualy one wil accept u.
Try telling them that u could be a nightfall paladin.
Retribution Paladin ~ The Blooders
lupeh
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:56 pm

lupeh wrote:Do not listen to them, i am retri and im a bwl raiding guild.

I think that's what everyone else said, just in their own way.

For me personally, holy is my way to go.
I can heal obviously, plus tank with the right gear (for 5 mans) and I can do some dps as a shockadin (from a certain way).
If I am seriously considering Ret for DPS it normally falls for PvP, as PvE is always reserved for higher dps classes. Can it be done? Yes, but I rather not waste time/effort if I am not enjoying it as much as a Mage/rogue
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dr. Doom » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:19 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:I think that's what everyone else said, just in their own way.

I can heal obviously, plus tank with the right gear (for 5 mans) and I can do some dps as a shockadin (from a certain way).
If I am seriously considering Ret for DPS it normally falls for PvP, as PvE is always reserved for higher dps classes. Can it be done? Yes, but I rather not waste time/effort if I am not enjoying it as much as a Mage/rogue

Pretty much agreed on every account.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by zmandude24 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:28 pm

Sometimes guilds will use one for a 40 man raid for nightfall meaning you will never get close to topping the dps meters in the later raids. If you want to play a melee dps in raids, I'd reroll a rogue or warrior.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by lupeh » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:32 am

JCarrill0 wrote:
lupeh wrote:Do not listen to them, i am retri and im a bwl raiding guild.

I think that's what everyone else said, just in their own way.

Just mentioned :)
Retribution Paladin ~ The Blooders
lupeh
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Paladin