Best Shield For Farming?

Best Shield For Farming?

by Ultralux » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:21 pm

I want to start solo farming dungeons like DM:E but I need a good shield first. I am a holy paladin so I am unsure if I should try to go for a shield with high armor/block (red dragonscale protector) or a shield with a special effect (skullflame/drillborer/force reactive disk). Any input would be appreciated :) .
Ultralux
Tester

Re: Best Shield For Farming?

by rooik » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:11 am

not rly req for a good shield when farming dm:e as it is possible as lvl 52+

But since you want an answer to your question I'd say FRO (or skullflame). The mobs that you're mainly farming in DM:E primary source of damage is Shadow damage, thus makes it important to shorten down the fight instead of avoidence for their melee attacks.

Unless you're SR capped but who cba with that? ;) ;)
<NOPE>
rooik
Grunt
Grunt

by DrearyYew » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:38 am

FRD breaks too quickly. It doesn't matter what shield you use, really. All that really matters is that you have a shield on and have the shield talents.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by smilkovpetko » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:31 pm

Ultralux wrote:I want to start solo farming dungeons like DM:E but I need a good shield first. I am a holy paladin so I am unsure if I should try to go for a shield with high armor/block (red dragonscale protector) or a shield with a special effect (skullflame/drillborer/force reactive disk). Any input would be appreciated :) .

i recommend you shield from alterac valley , you will block 100-120 damage with that via shield absorb spec.

this gives your opportunity to pull many mobs and survive easy .

use seal/judge of wisdom with flurry axe and spam max rank consecration forever
use retri aura + holy shield + blessing of sanctuary = op aoe dps.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by JCarrill0 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:23 pm

Ultralux wrote:I want to start solo farming dungeons like DM:E but I need a good shield first. I am a holy paladin so I am unsure if I should try to go for a shield with high armor/block (red dragonscale protector) or a shield with a special effect (skullflame/drillborer/force reactive disk). Any input would be appreciated :) .

My recommendation is the force reactive disk, Ret aura, and that helm from Gnomeregan, also I think Duki can shed some light on the Darkmoon Card.

You said your holy so.... Prot Talents are out, but perhaps a Shield spike might be good for aoe tanking. I don't want to contradict myself as I always choose block enchants. Also the 439 Def helps (just under the def cap for Redoubt procs)
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by ChipTheMonk » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:29 am

Also the 439 Def helps (just under the def cap for Redoubt procs)

Can't you just /sit to get redoubt? Does having 440 stop you from getting crit if you sit down?
ChipTheMonk
Grunt
Grunt

by smilkovpetko » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:04 pm

ChipTheMonk wrote:
Also the 439 Def helps (just under the def cap for Redoubt procs)

Can't you just /sit to get redoubt? Does having 440 stop you from getting crit if you sit down?

Completely agree with you , you can always /sit while 440 "def cap" and get Redoubt proc.

That is the reason we suppose to aim for :

Since none of both have common stats in combination but one or another with stamina i classify them on 2 different options.

1- Shield with lot Stamina and Block Value for great surviving on big pulls.
2- Shield with return damage for extra AoE DPS.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Return to Paladin