Final Say - March 2016 - Tankadin in Raids?

Re: Final Say - March 2016 - Tankadin in Raids?

by smilkovpetko » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:19 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:
MoogleKingKupo wrote:Thanks for the response. A quick follow up; So I should not be expecting guild to be *looking* for a Paladin tank...

In all the ads I've read while playing Nostalrius, I've not seen once one asking for a protection paladin,no. I've seen unorthodox stuff going for priests, shadow, and one guild that was recruiting disc/smiter dps. I think I also saw one time someone who wanted a feral druid dps. That's about it. Most guilds raid with warrior tanks and that's it.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=40207

for you
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Dr. Doom » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:20 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:
MoogleKingKupo wrote:Thanks for the response. A quick follow up; So I should not be expecting guild to be *looking* for a Paladin tank...

In all the ads I've read while playing Nostalrius, I've not seen once one asking for a protection paladin,no. I've seen unorthodox stuff going for priests, shadow, and one guild that was recruiting disc/smiter dps. I think I also saw one time someone who wanted a feral druid dps. That's about it. Most guilds raid with warrior tanks and that's it.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=40207

for you

I commented on that thread already, what about it?
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by smilkovpetko » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:26 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:

I commented on that thread already, what about it?

he is prot pally
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Dr. Doom » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:45 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:
he is prot pally

I said I haven't seen ads specifically looking for protection paladins, I didn't say there are no protection paladins in raiding guilds.
The person's question was if there were guilds specifically looking for paladin tanks over druids or warriors, my reply was that I've yet to see that happen, thus the thing to do is to prove his worth and convince people about it, rather than wait for an ad.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by ceoddyn » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:12 pm

no he is raid heal spec holy pally and it went to them because all of their warriors already have that binding. it also should have gone to a rogue anyway,

1. from level 1 to 60 and through the rest of the game tank gear goes to guild MT warriors, any available OT warrior, then druids and pala

2. everyone learns how to play with warrior tanks for 99% of their play time

we'll never know how viable paladin tanks were, if you want to try it it is up to you. also most players on this server are awful so you dont really need to listen to anything they say about what is best
ceoddyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Paladin