How to Pallytank last boss in UBRS?

How to Pallytank last boss in UBRS?

by TheFishyOne » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:49 pm

So last night, my guild finally had enough 60s to do our first guild raid of UBRS.

Been a loooong while since I was last there, but now that I actually have the gear for it, I was able to more or less be MT over our Prot War. Although I still need to get a better handle on my limits regarding dmg intake vs AoE pulls, things more or less went swimmingly until General Drak.

We did the fight in the usual manner; Hunter kited Drak away while I took one guard and the Prot War took the other. Problem was when Drak came back, Healers had built substantial aggro. Prot War taunted, and had him for a few seconds before getting conflagged. After a time, I built enough Threat where I had aggro, but would IMMEDIATELY get conflagged each time I got it. That said, I was able to Tank him for a greater length of time than our Prot War, but that was likely because my gear was much better than his, and he died not too long into the fight.

I know JC has mentioned solotanking that fight, but did he mean adds + Drak at the same time? Is there any way you can do this fight cleanly when only one Tank can Taunt?
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: How to Pallytank last boss in UBRS?

by smilkovpetko » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:12 pm

Well the Healers should not Heal until Boss is gone from the room and is LOS , otherwise if boss is 50+ Yards should not register the raid if there was no action toward hunter by anyone , nobody should build up aggro except Hunter. (so no buffs,no bubble,no heals) toward hunter or boss while Hunter is pulling away.

(if that does not work like explained then there is bug with it).

Second Question you ask was "how to solo tank" , well Hunter that kite , once adds are dead he suppose to kite the Boss back to the room without any FD (he should not use FD or reset aggro) and then you gotta work to build up your threat, Once you have enough threats and MT Boss , Hunter suppose to stay max range during "Conflag" and kite it, once "conflag" finish Boss will return to you and same story all the time.

So you as MT suppose to be 1st on Threats , Hunter suppose to be 2nd on Threats all the time.

Alternative bonus - Bubble use and instant remove then Conflag will be removed with that and then Boss will return to you.

P.s if you are fast enough Boss wont have any time to move toward anyone during this action.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Theloras » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:06 pm

Don't forget to put up Judgement of Light on first add while you are tanking it to build healing threat on Drak while he is being kited by the Hunter.

Once Drak comes back, Judge Light on him to build healing threat on you, the Prot war and any melee who are on him as well.

Judgement of Light provides loads of +threat here on Nost, even on over healing.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by TheFishyOne » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:30 am

Thanks again, Duki! Will have to try that when I go back in there for my Blackhand's Breadth.
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Paladin