Unsure on what spec to use when levelling

Unsure on what spec to use when levelling

by Shengus » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:17 pm

When I hit 60 I intend to go Holy to heal.

What I am unsure about is what spec to use when I am levelling. I would like to be able to both tank and heal dungeons. I would also like to be able to quest easily. Once I hit 55+ I'll probably drop tanking instances to focus solely on healing.

Could anyone suggest a good spec (and in what order to spend the points)?

Thanks.
Shengus
Tester

Re: Unsure on what spec to use when levelling

by SuperomegaOP » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:40 am

Going holy for consecration and then putting points into prot is the best for tanking and mob grinding, though on the pvp server i'd probably recommend ret because its better for single target and pvp since most people won't be standing in your consecration for too long. You can also go holy/ret for questing/pvp while still having aoe for tanking.

as long as you have a good shield and can manage aggro well you can tank any of the pre-60 5 man dungeons as any spec. you can also heal even if you don't go holy but might have manage issues if you don't stack any int.

Overall its your choice, experiment and research some specs to see what fits you.
SuperomegaOP
Sergeant
Sergeant

by earelith » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:36 am

Like the above said, go holy for consecration...then into prot. If you find a good 2H (for example the paladin lv20 quest) you can still use this when solo with seal of the crusader and consecration.. Until you go deep into protection and can aoe farm with a 1H and shield.

Also make sure in holy put spiritual focus on the second tier. It will help you a lot when solo and need to pop a heal while beat3n by 2+ mobs.

So in general go 5/5 devine intellect, 5/5 spiritual focus, consecration and then go prot.. 5/5 redoubt, etc. At low levels 10-40 when solo use what you have best...if you find a good 2H use it. If your 1H is better use this. Always use seal of the crusader as solo, is better than righteousness.

In groups, put 1H and shield and you can easily tank with consecration and seal of righteousness. If you have intellect gear on you, you can also heal as well...

Whatever you do though bring waters with you and mana potions. Consecration is very expensive but awesome :)
earelith
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by JCarrill0 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:10 pm

Shengus wrote:When I hit 60 I intend to go Holy to heal.

What I am unsure about is what spec to use when I am levelling. I would like to be able to both tank and heal dungeons. I would also like to be able to quest easily. Once I hit 55+ I'll probably drop tanking instances to focus solely on healing.

Could anyone suggest a good spec (and in what order to spend the points)?

Thanks.

I recommend 11 into holy for aoe, then enjoy the rest as whatever you like, Ret is always nice to have when leveling but AoE is something you'll love having at any level
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dr. Doom » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:44 am

Paladin is very easy and safe levelling regardless of spec. 2handers get you by faster.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by TheFishyOne » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:08 am

https://en.nostalrius.org/talents/palad ... 0512203151

Start with 11 in Holy for Consc, then 5 in Redoubt, rest in Ret. Once you get Repentance, respec to your endgame spec. This will allow you to fill any role in a group as far as DM E.
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kabe » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:14 am

As soon as you hit lvl 39 spend that 1g respec and go for reckoning talent in protection.
Make a macro or w/e to sit and eat 2-3 crits (depending on your wep speed, most mobs dont really hurt that much) and choose whatever seal is appropriate (wisdom for mana to heal, righteous for a bit more damage.. crusader for low armor mobs?)
Kabe
Private
Private

by earelith » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:39 am

Kabe wrote:As soon as you hit lvl 39 spend that 1g respec and go for reckoning talent in protection.
Make a macro or w/e to sit and eat 2-3 crits (depending on your wep speed, most mobs dont really hurt that much) and choose whatever seal is appropriate (wisdom for mana to heal, righteous for a bit more damage.. crusader for low armor mobs?)

I am not sure that righteous has higher damage than crusader on high armor mobs.. Also dont forget that crusader also boost consecration damage
earelith
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Paladin