Where will you go from here?

Re: Where will you go from here?

by Dr. Doom » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:48 pm

TheFishyOne wrote:Don't suppose any of you would be up for trying EVE?

I'm too old for new games :)
Takes a young and open heart to allow yourself to develop new bonds. Do hope you have a great time yourself!
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by TheFishyOne » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:15 pm

Dr. Doom wrote:I'm too old for new games

In my guild on live, there was a lock by the name of Princessed who, despite having kids old enough to be my siblings, was the Venus of our guild. She said, "You're only as old as ya feel!" She was married to an officer named Holysmite, who then assured us that she felt like a 22 year old. Based on their wedding pics, I believed him.

Bad innuendo aside, being "too old" for something is a lot like being gay. If you think you might be, then you are.
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dr. Doom » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:02 am

TheFishyOne wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:I'm too old for new games

In my guild on live, there was a lock by the name of Princessed who, despite having kids old enough to be my siblings, was the Venus of our guild. She said, "You're only as old as ya feel!" She was married to an officer named Holysmite, who then assured us that she felt like a 22 year old. Based on their wedding pics, I believed him.

Bad innuendo aside, being "too old" for something is a lot like being gay. If you think you might be, then you are.

Touché right there. No comeback from me, heh.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by TheFishyOne » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:36 pm

If any of you might be interested, I have found a new home, and it is NOT Kronos!

Like I said, The Great Vanilla Question which brought me here was answered in full when I made a better geared Prot War look like a gimp on Hakkar, bugs and all just a couple of weeks ago. With that, I can say that my time here was worth it, in the end.

That said, my favorite time in WoW was during TBC, or as I like to call it, The Hour of the Tankadin. We had everything we needed to be competitive MTs, and nothing we didn't. I raidtanked for the first time in a Kara raid, and it was the best of times for me in WoW. Ares, Kronos's TBC counterpart, is complete crap, and is rather unblizzlike.

So I dug, and found Vengeance of Azeroth. It's small server (think Rebirth), but it's in the middle of a population surge. 1-58 are 2x by default, but the rest of the way to 70 is a mandatory 1x. Gold, drops, and skills are all blizzlike, the dev team is VERY active in the forums and on IRC, and hotfixes happen on an almost daily basis. All the Pally issues that Duki, Theo, JC and myself sometimes wrestled with the staff over were working properly as of my first login. Best of all, many of you have likely noticed that the people on Kronos are about as welcoming to us as a seasick crocodile, and want Donald Trump to buiild a big beautiful firewall around their server to keep us Nost rabble out. Vengeance, on the other hand, will welcome you with open arms and not loaded shotguns. They will even give you one free level 58 with custom (but unvendorable) newbie gear that is much better than going to Outland naked, which does much to soften the blow if you are leaving a 60 behind. Oh, and in case you prefer Vanilla to TBC, they have a Vanilla realm, too.

I ttried Kronos for a time, but tired quickly of the constant hate in World, and after a tester responded to Vanilla era evidence that a Pally class bug existed on their server with an argument sporing nothing more that fiat logic, I'd had enough. The one Nost-hater I've met on Vengeance was quick to admit he was being needlessly bitter and biased, came around just as quickly, and turned out to be pretty cool. Now I'm in his guild. In any event, I rolled a Prot Pally there (Human Male, name is Geofram, just like here), and invite you all to join me on Allianceside (Faction balance is VERY Horde heavy). If not, best of luck to you on whatever server you choose to make your new home.

Best regards,
Geofram, TheFishyOne
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:48 pm

thanks for the info Fishy , i will consider and take into account that server.

but for now i am staying out since i don't want to start all over again what i been doing past 10 + years.

good luck there ^^ and remember Prot Pally rule , hope you continue and finish the adventure i been trying to show people. miss ya.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by JCarrill0 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:05 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:thanks for the info Fishy , i will consider and take into account that server.

but for now i am staying out since i don't want to start all over again what i been doing past 10 + years.

good luck there ^^ and remember Prot Pally rule , hope you continue and finish the adventure i been trying to show people. miss ya.

same here fishy, I'm with Duki on this one, starting over is not not interesting right now for me.

Your more then welcome to follow my continued adventures on my Facebook Page about JCarrillo
Facebook.com/JcarrilloThePaladin
I'm re-tring Retail atm and cry a little as my level 60 twink 10 mans MC/BWL/AQ40 with little to no issues.
I recommended TR (rebirth) to many players who have asked me, mainly barbecue TR is my first Server I started Vanilla on (minus retail).
Oddly enough my wife decided to go with the flow and jumped on Kronos and is playing there and leading my guild in my absence.

I wish all the paladins well, and no I'm not giving shout outs since there is someone I always forget.

PS - Theo you may still have, my blocked, but your still one of the best damn DPS paladin I have seen and think your awesome!
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Smiter » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:12 pm

yea I couldn't bear the thought of lvling X1 again since nos. Im now on a wrath server, warmane deathwing server with my guild from nos. Its an alright server, its X7 and,there are many bugs since they changed the core to accommodate the influx of new players. Their X1 wrath server has 11k ppl peak but like I said I couldn't bear lvling X1 again. I still have a sliver of hope that someone will pick up nos or something!!!
Smiter
Private
Private

Previous

Return to Paladin