Ret Palas in Classic.

Re: Ret Palas in Classic.

by JCarrill0 » Sun May 31, 2015 2:14 pm

Theloras wrote:That being said, having the old school Paladin PvP set is better overall imo.

That's exactly why I suggested getting it while you can.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by FrustratedMoth » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:58 pm

Nems87 wrote:Its seams that most of you ppl dosnt play pally or vanilla at all. You know, there actually was a short period (as for me), when ppl dont even thinking about shit like that. It was time, when this game had some soul, and players some fantasy spirit. And ppl dosnt care really about specs. Cmon guys, its vanilla, and its easy. Ofc its raids hard in its own ways, but they was simple totaly. For example most 5 man dungeons could be done in 3-4, with ret pallys on heal and fury wars on tanking. I remember how we do 40 man raids in 25-30, mb not all bosses, but hardest part was to group up 40 players, not dungeons itself. It was more question of outstanding, not even special tactic or something. Its later, when in this game came a lot of matchkins (or something like that, on my native language we call them selffu**ers), ppl like them made it means only like numbers, fap on +2 damage upgrade, or: "OMG, YOU GOT AGI INSTEAD OF CRUS!!!11". They donet even understend that foggoten free spirit of fantasy and journey, they fogget, that its supposed to be fun, and not a brainf*ck. And i remember, how this racism (classism) begin to grow up, like a cancer, from opinion of small group of sick ppl. This game never was up to this, ofc pally cant be top DD, but deal not in this, it was in play your own little fun, little story, before matchkins (selff**ers) ruined it. In other way, this game needs only Hpriests, prot wars, and some mages. The first really hard dungeon that i met in WoW was Kara in next expansion. And even there i played retri, and with me my guild first time clear it. And later, when we was gearing up next group i even was top DD :D. And when some guild cant do an Archimonde for example, deal not in changing ret pally or balncer dru for one more elem or mage, deal just in wrong actions and teamplay. Most of you came here to find that losted spirit of WoW, but with this bullshit in your heads you NEVER gonna find it. So ppl pls, fogget this racism (classism), stop trolling, play as you want, and give others play as they wants, just to all can be happy. Dont be fu*ktarded matchkinss (selff**ers). Wanna play retry or balancer or etc, do it, raid cant win or lose just becose of it, its not thats REALLY means. Yor maybe never be top DD, but you can get your fun. Dont let that cancer grow up.
im done.

Everyone on the server needs to see this post.
Fefeta - Tauren Hybrid Druid - PvP
Jadeharley - Forsaken Shadow Priestess - PvP
Thaejan - Dwarven Huntress - PvP
"Everything that is, sprang from what was."
FrustratedMoth
Grunt
Grunt

by ExpJustice » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:36 pm

FrustratedMoth wrote:
Nems87 wrote:Its seams that most of you ppl dosnt play pally or vanilla at all. You know, there actually was a short period (as for me), when ppl dont even thinking about shit like that. It was time, when this game had some soul, and players some fantasy spirit. And ppl dosnt care really about specs. Cmon guys, its vanilla, and its easy. Ofc its raids hard in its own ways, but they was simple totaly. For example most 5 man dungeons could be done in 3-4, with ret pallys on heal and fury wars on tanking. I remember how we do 40 man raids in 25-30, mb not all bosses, but hardest part was to group up 40 players, not dungeons itself. It was more question of outstanding, not even special tactic or something. Its later, when in this game came a lot of matchkins (or something like that, on my native language we call them selffu**ers), ppl like them made it means only like numbers, fap on +2 damage upgrade, or: "OMG, YOU GOT AGI INSTEAD OF CRUS!!!11". They donet even understend that foggoten free spirit of fantasy and journey, they fogget, that its supposed to be fun, and not a brainf*ck. And i remember, how this racism (classism) begin to grow up, like a cancer, from opinion of small group of sick ppl. This game never was up to this, ofc pally cant be top DD, but deal not in this, it was in play your own little fun, little story, before matchkins (selff**ers) ruined it. In other way, this game needs only Hpriests, prot wars, and some mages. The first really hard dungeon that i met in WoW was Kara in next expansion. And even there i played retri, and with me my guild first time clear it. And later, when we was gearing up next group i even was top DD :D. And when some guild cant do an Archimonde for example, deal not in changing ret pally or balncer dru for one more elem or mage, deal just in wrong actions and teamplay. Most of you came here to find that losted spirit of WoW, but with this bullshit in your heads you NEVER gonna find it. So ppl pls, fogget this racism (classism), stop trolling, play as you want, and give others play as they wants, just to all can be happy. Dont be fu*ktarded matchkinss (selff**ers). Wanna play retry or balancer or etc, do it, raid cant win or lose just becose of it, its not thats REALLY means. Yor maybe never be top DD, but you can get your fun. Dont let that cancer grow up.
im done.

I get what you mean. but id just like to add that BC isnt a good example for ret. Because good guilds realized pretty quickly that one ret is mandatory do to them beeing a really damn good mana battery, while sustaining fine damage.
ExpJustice
Private
Private

by JCarrill0 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:30 pm

It's harder to play Ret in vanilla then now in WoD or any expansion imo
The post was literally a wall of text so "TLDR" have the respect to have proper grammar if you want me to respectfully read it
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by FrustratedMoth » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:38 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:It's harder to play Ret in vanilla then now in WoD or any expansion imo
The post was literally a wall of text so "TLDR" have the respect to have proper grammar if you want me to respectfully read it

Like this?
It seems that most of you people haven't played paladins or vanilla at all. You know, there actually was a short period (as for me), when people weren't even thinking about shit like that. It was the time when this game had some soul, and players some fantasy spirit. People didn't really care about specs. C'mon guys, it's vanilla, and its easy. Of course its raids are hard in their own ways, but they were totally simple. For example, most 5 man dungeons could be done in groups of 3-4, with ret paladins healing and fury warrs tanking. I remember how we did 40 man raids in groups of only 25-30, but the hardest part was to group up 40 players, not the dungeons themselves. It was more a question of being outstanding, not any sort of special tactic or something. It was later, when in this game came a lot of matchkins (or something like that, in my native language we call them selffu**ers), people like them made the game only about numbers, fap on +2 damage upgrade, or: "OMG, YOU GOT AGI INSTEAD OF CRUS!!!11". They don't even understand that forgotten free spirit of fantasy and journey, they forget that it's supposed to be fun, and not a brainf*ck. And I remember, how this racism (classism) began to sprout like cancer from the opinions of this small group of sick people.This game never was up to this, of course paladins can't be top damage, but we didn't prioritize things like this, it was play your own fun little story, before matchkins (selff**ers) ruined it. In the minds of matchkins, this game needs only Hpriests, prot wars, and some mages. The other classes are gimped versions of them and are only brought out of kindness. The first really hard dungeon that I encountered in WoW was Kara in the next expansion. Even there I played Retri, and with me my guild cleared it the first time we tried. Later, when we were gearing up next group I actually dealt the most damage! When some guilds can't kill Archimonde for example, don't worry about changing ret pally or balance druid for one more elem or mage, focus only on wrong actions and teamplay. Most of you came here to find that spirit of WoW lost in time, but with this bullshit in your heads you are NEVER going to find it. People, please! Forget this racism (classism), stop trolling, play what you want, let others play what they wants, then all can be happy. Dont be fu*ktarded matchkins (selff**ers). Wanna play retri or balance or something? Do it, raid can't win or lose just because of it. You might never be top DD, but you can get your fun. Don't let that cancerous attitude grow here.
I'm done.
Fefeta - Tauren Hybrid Druid - PvP
Jadeharley - Forsaken Shadow Priestess - PvP
Thaejan - Dwarven Huntress - PvP
"Everything that is, sprang from what was."
FrustratedMoth
Grunt
Grunt

by karbanater » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:44 pm

I actually love the long post of a guy, and i take game with this attitude but! I as retri paladin without HoJ (yet) with some focus can be top 1-2dps in UBRS and definitely top 1dps in scholo, of course if there are no flasked or epicly geared mages/rogues. So, If you wanna compete at least in those "small" dungeons, keep focus, hit timers and max up Str, and you'll be fine :)
karbanater
Tester

by GTrax » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:35 pm

In Dungeons you Basically gotta "Keep Calm and Consecrate" and youll do ridiculous dps.
Uta Shadowbreaker is my name. Break them shadows them Spriests and Locks.
Uta- 21/0/30 Paladin. #ForeverRet
GTrax
Grunt
Grunt

by Theloras » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:06 am

GTrax wrote:In Dungeons you Basically gotta "Keep Calm and Consecrate" and youll do ridiculous dps.

Truer words have never been spoken!
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by showtime » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:45 am

JCarrill0 wrote:
Theloras wrote:That being said, having the old school Paladin PvP set is better overall imo.

but it will just turn to the different stats when the patch hits anyways?
showtime
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theloras » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:36 pm

showtime wrote:
JCarrill0 wrote:

but it will just turn to the different stats when the patch hits anyways?

no they are different ids in the database even though they have the same name - you just can't purchase the original set any longer
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin