Ret Palas in Classic.

Re: Ret Palas in Classic.

by alucard001 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:04 am

I dont really care have to raiding as holy, it is more fun in my opinion.

The problem comes when i want to do World pvp, or Bg's. I have to change spec everytime i want to do that, so it will require a lot of money.

Also the fact of get Dps gear will be harder.
alucard001
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by kovenant » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:20 am

yes thats correct,
however getting dps gear for PVP is never a good option :P

you can use PVP gear what you can buy with gold from reputation, and thats not too bad also.
kovenant
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by alucard001 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:40 am

Finally i decided playing Human Warrior instead Pala.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGBnjELkgok

I just had to watch that video :D
alucard001
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Hatson » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:06 pm

As famous as Pat's video is. He was a terrible player for nowadays. He was like most people back then, a clicker and keyboard turning. :p
He did get High Warlord, though. Props to that.
But he always had pocket healers and Free Action Potion carrying him.
If you tried to do that on Nostalrius without pocket healers, or FAP - get ready for being kited all day long. People aren't terrible and new at the game like 99% of the population was back then. ;)

But, player skill-wise - There are tons of better PvP videos than Pat's from Vanilla retail times.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by alucard001 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:14 pm

Hatson wrote:As famous as Pat's video is. He was a terrible player for nowadays. He was like most people back then, a clicker and keyboard turning. :p
He did get High Warlord, though. Props to that.
But he always had pocket healers and Free Action Potion carrying him.
If you tried to do that on Nostalrius without pocket healers, or FAP - get ready for being kited all day long. People aren't terrible and new at the game like 99% of the population was back then. ;)

But, player skill-wise - There are tons of better PvP videos than Pat's from Vanilla retail times.

As you said, he is a clicker and backpedaller, but im no. It is true that you get kite being warr, but it does a really great dmg, and so much presure. If i play as ret, i will only do "decent" damage only if i am really good geared, and even being like that mana goes off really fast.

Besides, i know im gonna get more fun playing as warr by far. (leveling, doing instances, etc)
alucard001
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by kovenant » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:58 pm

the difference why a pala does less damage is obvious.
the pala can withstand a 10 fold of the damage dealt in regards to most of the other classes with the corect skills / talents and gear.
so if you wanna deal tons of damage in a short time go for a full damage dealing class, if something goes wrong your dead.
pala can do the same damage in a much larger time span and walk away without harm.

i played warr / hunter / mage / druid / and ofc pala & pala & pala ( have 7 of them )
pala is my favourite by far and that comes with the price of having less damage dealing ability's but more support aility's. i guess it is also a point to take into account on what type of person you are to what class you play.
kovenant
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by lyrical » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:16 pm

alucard001 wrote:Finally i decided playing Human Warrior instead Pala.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGBnjELkgok

I just had to watch that video :D

I hope you watched Laintime too cuz pat... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rGdz3PYuwo)

He played with an extra talent point, full heal, zerk buff...

But warrior is one of the funniest class in the game in terms of gameplay, so do it.
But be carefull warrior is maybe one of the weakest class in 1v1 ( hopefully wow is not about 1v1 all time), you must have a good gear, and like Hatson say a pocket healer in Battleground, without a good healer it can be real hard, with a good healer it's really fun.
lyrical
Private
Private

by Moxey » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:47 pm

Not even a healer, Warrior just needs pocket anything.
even a pocket hunter or rogue will help a lot to keep them in melee.
Its a very team reliant class.
Moxey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by kovenant » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:16 pm

funny thing with a hidden healer is that people are like WTF is going on , that warrior tank in Alterac Valley is like soloing 20 people without dying.
thats so much fun :)
kovenant
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hatson » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:40 pm

Moxey wrote:Not even a healer, Warrior just needs pocket anything.
even a pocket hunter or rogue will help a lot to keep them in melee.
Its a very team reliant class.

I personally find that Warriors go great with a Shaman. The shocks, purge, heals and grounding totem really helps the Warrior stick on his target, get past the buffs / shields immediately as well as get support from heals and totems.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Paladin