Ret Palas in Classic.

Ret Palas in Classic.

by alucard001 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:26 pm

Hello folks. I want to play wow classic again, since i played a bit a long time ago (many years).
I 've been playing on retail wow since 3.3.5, as dk pala and warrior.

My prefer class in the game is Ret pala, and i would like to play it in Wow classic (i heard is not good).
I've been playing in Feenix (the only 60 instant playable server that i know) so i tested a lot of Ret builds.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sEVzMZZxfctrcqo Full damage build, it is the best for a Geared ret. A full crit ret does crit, so it gets vengeance, a notable huge dmg , you can destroy a warrior in a stun, and this build does a decent dmg. It may take a few changes.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sbZVGt0s0xZVf0trco Reckbombing build, it is a good guild for an ungeared ret. It gives good dmg if you get dmg, but if you dont get focused, you are totally useless. You lose one of your main dmg sources aswell, Consecration.

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#sxVzZVGt0s0xZxf0db Balance build, not bad at all. You do a mediocre dmg, you have consecration, you have reckoning, but you lose dmg because it doesnt give 6% weapong dmg and 10% holy aura.

That has been the Pvp part. Now, speaking about PvE, im an ignorant, because i never played ret in PvE on Wow classic. I heard it is crapay to raiding, the only w is being Holy or no one guild will want you. I though ret would does good dmg on Naxx because u can use Exorcism and Holy Wrath. Anyway, i need someone with exp to give me as much information as possible.

Thank you and regards.
alucard001
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Ret Palas in Classic.

by Xyz » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:35 pm

Don't expect ret to be good in pve, guilds who take a ret paladin to raids are just wasting a slot. Even if they fix every bug with ret paladins that exists, they still won't be good in pve. Its a solo build, and a pvp build, I guess.
Xyz
Grunt
Grunt

by Hatson » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:39 pm

Also with the item progression, early months for hybrids will be more rough than ever before. So Retri will have a very hard time being viable at all early on.
However later it might be "ok". But still probably not for a raid spot, unless it's a Nightfall spot maybe.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by alucard001 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:20 pm

Although people dont want ret in raid, do they allow ret on instance groups right?
alucard001
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by kovenant » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:25 pm

In vanilla paladins are only usefull as holy in party and/or tri build in a raid.
I leveled pala in vanilla as 100% holy with ret gear and another set for
healing
kovenant
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hatson » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:29 pm

You should get away with being retri for dungeons. I mean.. Unless the people going with you are really tryhard. Or perhaps their group is a bit lacking and a retri definitely would only bring it down a bit further.
But I wouldn't mind a retri in my dungeon group. As long as he knows what he's doing and doesn't do stupid stuff that would cause wipes, he's fine in my book.

Really, there's worse offenders of people to group up with in vanilla dungeons than hybrid dps specs.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by kovenant » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:46 pm

Hatson, i do agree with you. And i guess we can all agree that retri is never as good as a " real" dps eratleast for pve. There are some exceptions but those are with high end gear
kovenant
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by alucard001 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:22 am

I remember wow classic as a game where you didnt mind what spec does more dps, or what class is better than other one.

I want to play with my prefer class, i understand people dont want ret in raid if its dps is really shit, but, i think it doesnt matter in a leveling dungeon. 1-59 as ret and no matters what
alucard001
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Enrage » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:08 am

During these 4 years, a retardin was used to control the boss in BWL, the 1st :lol:
Although this player was well geared :roll:
Beta tester: Ybric Mage // Troiskwet Warrior // Enrage Rogue
Enrage
Grunt
Grunt

by kovenant » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:17 am

Enrage wrote:During these 4 years, a retardin was used to control the boss in BWL, the 1st :lol:
Although this player was well geared :roll:

Yeah simply for survivability, i also did orb control and often vaelstrasz. Once you have the aggro its nearly impossible to lose it :)

And yeah for dungeons untill 55+ it doesnt really matter when you start with dire maul / stratholm / scholo its more important aince those are not too easy dungeons with greens and blues
kovenant
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Paladin