[PvP] The BiS for the current content (updated for 1.8!)

Re: [PvP] The BiS for the current content (updated for 1.8!)

by Lazermon » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:26 pm

vinceyoung wrote:I think the reed suggestion was for replacing eye of the beast not ZHC.

this
- AQ40 When?
- GRIZZLY Cineplex Regular
- Level 4 <Dankk Budz Collective> Memer
- Level 5 <GRIZZLY> Officer
Lazermon
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ana » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:13 pm

Eye scales with gear though, so you should keep it in bank for later even if you replace it with reed atm.

You can also use ToEP instead of reed if you get it (it's harder to use than reed but gives better results on bosses)
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Pizzashoes » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:53 pm

Hello.

Mantle of the Blackwing Cabal and Bloodtinged Gloves were always 2 damage better than R10 shoulders and R7 boots with BIS gear, so suck it. Laugh at me for still not having either pair though.

Putting out the AQ40 BIS list early is useful for people to prioritize gear choices. Although I don't think many raiders look at this page for their personal use.

I'm looking at this setup:

Mish'undare, Circlet of the Mind Flayer
Amulet of Vek'nilash
R10 Shoulders
Cloak of the Devoured
Enigma Robes~= Robes of the Archmage
Rockfury Bracers
Dark Storm Gauntlets
Eyestalk Waist Cord
Leggings of the Festering Swarm>Leggings of the Black Blizzard (about 2-3sp probably)
R7 Boots
Ritssyn's Ring of Chaos
Ring of the Fallen God
Trinket 1 should depend on the fight
Neltharion's Tear
Sharpened Silithid Femur
Royal Scepter of Vek'lor
21 fire wand/Freezing Shard for viscidus

From what I can tell mages shouldn't need to bother with the Circlet off Twin Emps. Locks should get that, and mages get Mish'undare.
Pizzashoes
Private
Private

by Lazermon » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:42 pm

trinket one should be MQG. It's going to be better than nelth tear for most fights.
- AQ40 When?
Lazermon
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Pizzashoes » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:57 am

Lazermon wrote:trinket one should be MQG. It's going to be better than nelth tear for most fights.

I know how good it is from using it the last few months (basically 1.5 dps multiplier for 20s). So do you mean always have MQG for every boss with priority over Tear, or do you not even use Tear for some fights? I don't understand. I also don't have any experience in fire on any server, so I'm just trying to predict what will be good.

For all I can tell, TOEP on a 4:59 fight would be better than MQG. I've seen fights on youtube that last longer, so if we're able to get two MQG activations, that'd be dope.

If you're saying fuck the tear which I don't yet believe is possible, then yeah you'd need to get Enigma Circlet.
Pizzashoes
Private
Private

by Lazermon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:24 am

tear and mgq are both far and away the best trinkets available, that's all I'm saying. MQG could rival nelth tear on some of the shorter fights in BWL, and with fireball having a longer cast time than frostbolt, the gain from MQG is just going to be even better in aq40.
- AQ40 When?
Lazermon
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Proxdox » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:45 am

Looking at theorycraft, and I'm not seeing my numbers increase with increasing hit. Right now I've got 2% spell hit, and 6% frost hit. When I increase spell hit to 6%, nothing happens. When does hit start mattering? theorycraft shows dps dropping as I add gear with hit onto it, and right now shows no dps gain by adding extra hit. Something I'm missing here.
Proxdox
Private
Private

by vinceyoung » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:26 am

My guess would be that the addon is calculating your DPS against targets that are the same level as you (hit cap on same level targets = 3%). Hit mostly matters against raid bosses where the hit cap is 16%.
vinceyoung
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Proxdox » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:21 am

vinceyoung wrote:My guess would be that the addon is calculating your DPS against targets that are the same level as you (hit cap on same level targets = 3%). Hit mostly matters against raid bosses where the hit cap is 16%.

I figured that too, but I'm wondering if someone can verify, or if there is a way to modify the settings to show that. So how much hit do we need for zg/mc/bwl? Are we looking to cap, or not until AQ, or does that even matter? To cap, you would need 10%, and right now, I'm sitting at 6% + 6 base, so 12% total. Is hit still worth pursuing over anything less than 10 equivalent SP at this point? Not sure where the cutoff is.
Proxdox
Private
Private

by Brainzy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:34 am

Theorycraft should give you different data if you target a 63 mob or a boss. Then 16% is cap. As for cut off point, there is none really. You should always find your equivalent hit to spell power ratio and choose overall a better item, while remembering cap is 16.

So if for example you choose between an item giving 10 spell power and 1 hit versus an item giving 33 spell power, you should choose 33 spell power one no matter what (given current content)
Brainzy
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Mage