Elemental Precision, is it worth for lvling?

Elemental Precision, is it worth for lvling?

by Gurgel » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:11 am

Hello everyone. I have just started playing my mage and I am at lvl 10 and have decided to go for the frost spec while lvling. It seems like a good spec for Survival and world PvP.

Now my question is like the title, is it worth to spec into Elemental Precision, while lvling? Taking mobs and other enemy players into account. I am bad with numbers and how resistance and everything works, so if someone who's not stupid could enlighten me, I'd be glad.

Cheers!
Gurgel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Elemental Precision, is it worth for lvling?

by Youfie » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:14 am

Lonf story short: yes, take Elemental Precision.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Gurgel » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:19 am

Youfie wrote:Lonf story short: yes, take Elemental Precision.

Should I prioritize Elemental Precision or can it wait, while I spec into talents like Imp Frostbolt and Frostbite?
Gurgel
Sergeant
Sergeant

by TomDeBaere » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:30 am

Gurgel wrote:
Youfie wrote:Lonf story short: yes, take Elemental Precision.

Should I prioritize Elemental Precision or can it wait, while I spec into talents like Imp Frostbolt and Frostbite?

Yes, go into Elemental Precision from the start. There's nothing more annoying than trying to kill a mob and having your spells resisted, especially in the early levels when you don't hit hard yet.
TomDeBaere
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Gurgel » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:36 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. Papa John appreciate ya. Bless up
Gurgel
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ShaqPack » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:39 am

Just reaffirming what the other guy's said but as a mage, one of the few ways you can die is if your spells get chain resisted. Elemental precision makes it so you never really have to worry about that. Definitely one of the most important talents, I personally think it's worth picking up before getting the quicker frost bolt cast.
ShaqPack
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Impsie » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:05 am

Improved Frostbolt doesn't matter until you hit Rank 4, when Frostbolt hits a 2.6s base cast time. You don't learn that rank til 20, so focus on Elemental Precision first. I wouldn't even bother capping out Imp. Frostbolt til 26 at earliest.
Impsie
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Lazermon » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:02 pm

elemental precision is only worth lvling to 2/3 (hitcapping you against mobs two lvls above you). The third point would only help against mobs 3 lvls or more above you, and you should never ever be wasting your time against such mobs unless you need to kill just one for a quest. It's not efficient XP and therefore it's not efficient lvling.
- AQ40 When?
- GRIZZLY Cineplex Regular
- Level 4 <Dankk Budz Collective> Memer
- Level 5 <GRIZZLY> Officer
Lazermon
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Gurgel » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:01 pm

Lazermon wrote:elemental precision is only worth lvling to 2/3 (hitcapping you against mobs two lvls above you). The third point would only help against mobs 3 lvls or more above you, and you should never ever be wasting your time against such mobs unless you need to kill just one for a quest. It's not efficient XP and therefore it's not efficient lvling.

Okay, thanks for the info! I only went 2/3 in Elemental Precision and am now speccing into imp frostbolt :)
Gurgel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Mage