view distance seriously low

Account or connection issues

Re: view distance seriously low

by Kleigon » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:05 pm

Mimma wrote:You can do it with this command:

/console SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax", 50)

That changes how far out you can see mobs/PCs/NPCs? Or does that just change how far out the camera can zoom? Because that's not what they are talking about.

I too would like to be able to see the mobs out a little bit further. Not very much mind you, maybe 20-30% further.
Kleigon
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Moxey » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:07 pm

This is very annoying indeed. On the bright side it makes Track Humanoids even stronger.
Moxey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Askental » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:08 pm

It is a server-side setting peeps. Client-side commands don't affect this, otherwise one could have an enormous advantage in PvP.

And to the OP, yeah, it is indeed very short at the moment and it would be lovely to have it increased in the open world. I was actually about to ask for this too. Mounted players running into eachother have no way to dodge one another and very little time to react. Doesn't feel right...
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Quickbowjob » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:09 pm

Will be great if they did some server graphics testing. or all ready happened? :)
Quickbowjob
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Quickbowjob » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:13 pm

Askental wrote:It is a server-side setting peeps. Client-side commands don't affect this, otherwise one could have an enormous advantage in PvP.

And to the OP, yeah, it is indeed very short at the moment and it would be lovely to have it increased in the open world. I was actually about to ask for this too. Mounted players running into eachother have no way to dodge one another and very little time to react. Doesn't feel right...

Yes indeed was thinking the same this can be very annoying.
/vote for view distance increase by 420%. :)
Quickbowjob
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by melik1 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:18 pm

Kiah wrote:He is correct. The server determines at what distance mobs/NPC's will be viewable. This saves the server bandwidth, because it can reduce the amount of data it has to be sending to each individual client.

I don't think it's something they'll be changing anytime soon, with the population the way it is.

This is correct. They lowered this setting on the second or third day of release due to the immense and unexpected population width.

Askental wrote: (...)

Players whom have recently engaged on you or has had any effect on you within a certain time limit can be seen from a longer distance than any other unit in the background. E.g., you disengage from a fight with another player and you will see that player consists in the picture while other units closer to you being to fade away.
SLOVAK
melik1
Private
Private

by Askental » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:50 pm

melik1 wrote:Players whom have recently engaged on you or has had any effect on you within a certain time limit can be seen from a longer distance than any other unit in the background. E.g., you disengage from a fight with another player and you will see that player consists in the picture while other units closer to you being to fade away.

Ok, but it is important to see others just as well. Some mobs with a higher-than-average level can aggro almost as soon as they appear on screen when you run into them mounted.
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by melik1 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:07 pm

Askental wrote:
melik1 wrote:Players whom have recently engaged on you or has had any effect on you within a certain time limit can be seen from a longer distance than any other unit in the background. E.g., you disengage from a fight with another player and you will see that player consists in the picture while other units closer to you being to fade away.

Ok, but it is important to see others just as well. Some mobs with a higher-than-average level can aggro almost as soon as they appear on screen when you run into them mounted.

I can't say I've ran into that occurrence before, I must admit. The visible range might be slightly lower than usual but I wouldn't say it's that low! At least not in my experience
SLOVAK
melik1
Private
Private

by Daemon » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:27 pm

We indeed implemented an automatic view distance reduction when the server load is too high (saves a lot of computation, and reduces global latency). This usually happens when the population gets over 2k/3k on a single map (happens only on continents).
This is a temporary solution, and the visibility distance should increase in the coming weeks, as we optimize the server performance.
Daemon
Administrator
Administrator

by Quickbowjob » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:13 pm

Daemon wrote:We indeed implemented an automatic view distance reduction when the server load is too high (saves a lot of computation, and reduces global latency). This usually happens when the population gets over 2k/3k on a single map (happens only on continents).
This is a temporary solution, and the visibility distance should increase in the coming weeks, as we optimize the server performance.

Great news, nice to hear Daemon!
Thanks <3
Quickbowjob
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Support