Common config/login errors, solutions, and other help. v3.5

Account or connection issues

Re: Common config/login errors, solutions, and other help. v

by Sardaukar88 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:32 am

Hey guys, I am having a problem right now that concerns my UI.
I worked with DiscordArt to put some textures into the game. The problem now is that although I checked the box that makes the texture and the background of said texture ignore the mouse cursor, as if the texture wouldn't even be there, the Addon seems to forget this setting ingame in a few seconds after I close the DiscordArt Addon.
To solve this I tried to run WoW.exe as administrator and all of a sudden ALL of my settings were gone, the UI completely screwed up as if I deleted my WTF folder.
Has anyone else experienced something like I did? I really want my UI to work properly, but why does wow screw up the settings when I want to run it as administrator?
I am using Windows 10 btw.
Sardaukar88
Tester

by Sardaukar88 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:37 pm

Solved it by myself:
I learned, that if you install WoW on a secure drive eg "C:\Program Files (x86)" and start the exe NOT as admin windows doesn't let WoW write in the WTF folder. Instead windows creates a separate WTF folder somewhere in "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\...". So everytime you start WoW as admin it ignores what you did with your UI, that is saved there. Just copy and paste --> problem solved.
Sardaukar88
Tester

by shizznizz » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:32 am

how do I contact a gm about account recovery? It wont let me pm any of them currently
shizznizz
Tester

by Crazyspinka » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:27 am

Hello,

I get banned for no reason, didnt break a rules, just came back home from a trip and its banned. Is there any solution to fix it? Thank you.

Spinka
Crazyspinka
Tester

by PaintHuffer86 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:43 pm

Hello,
when i try to make an in-game account, it comes up with a ''nginx'' error
please help i want to play some WoW.
PaintHuffer86
Tester

by Pottu » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:51 pm

Well we've been closed for years now, so...
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

Previous

Return to Support