Unable to change server

Account or connection issues

Unable to change server

by bosstycoon » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:48 pm

Hey guys,

This is likely because the server is not live yet, but hear me out...

I have the game installed at patch 1.12.1 from playing on a private server (VanillaGaming)

I followed the instructions of creating an account on Nostalrius and changing my realmlist in the .WTF file, as required.

However, when I launch WoW.exe the server, VanillaGaming is still set.

I tried following the directions to download and replace my existing WoW.exe with a new one, downloaded from Rebirth, in case my current .exe file was corrupted.

I guess my question is, will my set server change to Nostalrius once the server goes live, or do I have a corrupted WoW.exe file?

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks,
bosstycoon
Tester

Re: Unable to change server

by Ivina » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:26 pm

I met the same "problem". The old server name was still displayed on log in page. As soon as I actually connected to the new server, I saw the new server list. For now you cant log to nostalrius, wait until 18h GMT+1 :)
Ivina
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Epikurous » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:18 pm

I'm having a similar issue. I downloaded a clean copy of 1.12.1, changed the realm list to nostalrius, and when I get to the logon screen I have the "Test Realm - IsVV2" in the bottom right hand corner. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it's still there. I deleted WDB folder and did another clean install and it's still there somehow...
Epikurous
Tester

by bosstycoon » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:14 pm

I am worried it's not working properly because when I enter my login info it immediately prompts with a "disconnected from server" message. Not sure if anyone else is having this same problem or not?
bosstycoon
Tester

by Lumini » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:18 pm

I have the same problem. It keeps at Connecting even if change realmlist or delete my realmlist file. So I decided to replace WoW exe file and I did. Now it just keeps on DC-ing.
Lumini
Tester

by bosstycoon » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:26 pm

I figured out that my realmlist file had the words:

set realmlist logon.vanillagaming.org

When I changed the server to nostalrius I did not change the word logon to login, as required. I am now able to get to the connecting screen and authenticating but unable to get into the game.

It seems I am now having the same connecting issue as everyone else, which is a little reassuring.
bosstycoon
Tester

Return to Support