Constant disconnects

Account or connection issues

Constant disconnects

by ihdug » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:22 am

Ever since the server came up and I started playing I was getting these random disconnects every now and then. The time seems to vary from getting DC'd while in character selection screen to 3 minutes in-game.

Something I noticed is that there's less chance of getting disconnected while standing still ( was standing still waiting for a mob to respawn for ~2 minutes and hoping not to get dc'd, luckily it did not happen ). But when you start moving it's a pain in the ass as you get constant disconnects. (Took me 4 disconnects to move from northshire valley to Goldshire)

I'm from Lithuania and my connection is stable (Other servers work fine, problem only occurs on Nostalrius).
I do not use wifi, my firewall is down and I'm using AVG anti-virus.

In addition to that - I have removed all custom model edits and deleted my WTF / WDB folders as I found earlier, frankly nothing helped and I can't think of anything else than to make this thread hoping to get a reply soon.
ihdug
Tester

Re: Constant disconnects

by Krusher » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:27 pm

since you have made modifications to models etc, i would advice to delete the whole WOW folder and it's contents. and reinstall it fresh also do not use any addons.
and then try it again.

the way it sounds now is that something is interfering with proper gameplay, albeit unstable connection or some software.

since you indicate this only occurs on Nostalrius there is a good chance it is software related.
and since thousands can play with without getting dc'ed constant it is safe bet to double check the WOW installation.
Krusher
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by ihdug » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:26 pm

Thank you for the quick reply, I'll try and re-download my client, see if that works.
ihdug
Tester

by Krusher » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:30 pm

if not, please send us your account details in a PM so i can ask administrators to check your account if there is any reason why it is flagged.
Krusher
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Support