Only know email adress, forgot account name and password

Account or connection issues

Only know email adress, forgot account name and password

by Bretster99 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:25 pm

Is there a possibility to transfer the account by only knowing the email adress + having access to it?!

thanks for help,

Bretster99
Bretster99
Tester

Re: Only know email adress, forgot account name and password

by Pottu » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:38 pm

No.

You must remember the account name and either the password or the email address used when registering it.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by kedde2005 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:24 pm

Have the same problem. Have a hunter 60 where i only remember email. Cant remember accountname and have tried with bunch of names i think it could be, still nothing. rip i guess...
kedde2005
Grunt
Grunt

by Aslan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:49 pm

Didnt you receive a confirmation mail upon account creation back in the day, or was that disabled at some point?
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Arx_1 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:07 pm

kedde2005 wrote:Have the same problem. Have a hunter 60 where i only remember email. Cant remember accountname and have tried with bunch of names i think it could be, still nothing. rip i guess...

There is data recovery software you can use.

If you still own the hard drive that you had installed the WoW client on, you can run the data recovery software on it, and it will retrieve your client as well as the WTF folder containing your account name.

This process can take a long time and depending on software used, might be annoying to shift through all deleted files to find the one you need.

You can then transfer your characters by making use of your email address and retrieved account name (in WTF folder).
Arx_1
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bretster99 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:19 am

why is it not possible to just send the specific account name to each registered e-mail adress??

greets,

Bretster99
Bretster99
Tester

by zebbelutt » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:58 am

Pottu wrote:No.

You must remember the account name and either the password or the email address used when registering it.

I know my e-mail and my password but have forgotten my username, but when i try to put in these credentials (e-mail and password) it does not work.....
zebbelutt
Tester

by Denbts » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:33 pm

If you know the email address, just type "nostalrius" in the email search bar, and you'll find an email confirming that you made your account.
Denbts
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Bretster99 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:51 pm

I of course already tried this. It seems that the confirming email from nostalrius went to the junk mail folder.
At least the same happened with the confirming email for thos forum account + for the elysium-project account.
And the junk mail folder deletes its containt regularly.
Is there no argument against my idea? just re-sending the confirmation e-mail.

Greets,

Bretster99
Bretster99
Tester

Return to Support