SOLUTIONS FOR CONNECT PROBLEMS, READ BEFORE YOU POST

Account or connection issues

SOLUTIONS FOR CONNECT PROBLEMS, READ BEFORE YOU POST

by Diametra » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:58 pm

Having Login Difficulties?

If you haven't been online in the game yet, please refer to the beginners guide.

http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=638

Don't forget, creating an account for the forums is not the same as creating an account to play the game. Go to https://en.nostalrius.org/register to create a game account.

Also, It is noted that using some versions of the client could lead to an inability to login because they are coded to send you to a different site. Notably, the Feenix version.

1. You need to have your realmlist.wtf file set correctly. Using the simpletext applications Notepad or TextEdit open up the realmlist.wtf file in your WoW folder and change it's contents to say exactly either of these:

set realmlist login.nostalrius.org

or

set realmlist login2.nostalrius.org

2. If you have been online and now cannot log in or are logging in to incorrect realm, the simplest solution is to close WoW and navigate to the WoW folder and throw away your WTF folder. Reopen WoW and you will be prompted to select realm again. You can also attempt to hit "Esc" while logging in to try to toggle yourself back to the realm selection screen.

3. If you have altered your Config.wtf and do not wish to throw away the WTF folder, or if for some reason throwing it away does not re-prompt you, then open up Config.wtf with your simpletext program and edit the below lines to say exactly this:

SET realmList "login.nostalrius.org"
SET realmName "Nostalrius Begins PvP" or for pve realm: SET realmName "Nostalrius Begins PvE"

4. It is possible you are altering your game settings and nothing seems to be applying. Ensure you are operating in administration mode:

Right-click the Battle.net Desktop Application icon and select Properties.
Select the Compatibility tab.
Click Change settings for all users.
Under Privilege Level, check Run this program as administrator.
Click Apply.

5. With any operation online, your firewall settings, Antivirus programs, and ISP have an impact on performance. these are specific to you and you'll need to do some research.

6. Accounts per ISP restriction has been increased to 6. If you have more accounts than that in your LAN they all will not be able to sign on.

7. It has been noted that an overly long password may not always work. Keep it under 16 characters.

8. If your account has been banned....you're done! Of course you can't sign on! *Except in case of the mini-ban you get from repeatedly entering incorrect data on sign in screen. You will eventually be able to sign in again so long as you enter the correct data.

9. Your account is your own to safeguard. If your account has been compromised, there is currently no solution. It is possible to appeal for help from admin if you simply forget your password. * There is now a "forgot password" feature on the front page of the website.

10. Nvidia Video cards and error #132: Are you online and hearing the game music but your screen is black? try this thread for some answers:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4496&p=42794#p42794

Also Nvidia video card specific crashes and errors:

Do you have a nvidia video card? update the drivers.

and....Go into your System settings, on the left column click on Advanced. Once in this new tab, look for "Graphics API" and set it to DirectX 9

check the user response at bottom of this page

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/the-instruction-at-0x01764b69-referenced-memory-at/e2df405a-a3e5-4bfc-8721-5aa7929cc5c7

or try this one

Make sure you are operating as administrator in WoW:

Right-click the Battle.net Desktop Application icon and select Properties.
Select the Compatibility tab.
Click Change settings for all users.
Under Privilege Level, check Run this program as administrator.
Click Apply.

open up the config.wtf file in the WTF folder with notepad and if you have the line

SET gxApi "d3d11"

change it to:

SET gxApi "d3d9"

Error 132: Right click on wow.exe. Select> troubleshoot compatibility. Select> try recommended settings. Select> start the Program.

11. Error #134: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=34482&p=242530#p242530

12. "Unable to Connect" still persists? This isn't verified, but try it. In the sign on screen, unclick "remember account name". Close application. Open it again and manually enter your data. Also, if you incorrectly enter your data repeatedly, you will get a mini ban.

13. Still "Unable to Connect". It seems some folks are getting hung up in routing at several locations throughout the world. Contact your service privider and ask them if there is a problem. If nothing is working to get you connected, try a free VPN service to move your IP location. https://www.cyberghostvpn.com/en_us has a free component which has been successful. It has free IP addresses in France to use. It is also noted that a some point your routing may just "fix itself" over time and be available again.

14. *****Disconnected from server. Following a system crash, are you constantly DCed from server? Can you sign into test realm, but not Nostalrius Begins? Can you create a new account and sign in fine? Can you sign into website from your original account and see that you are not banned? Can you not sign in to your original account from any computer with any set-up? Try connecting like 30 times in a row. At this time, there is no solution that I am aware of. The only one that works -sometimes- is waiting for another crash or system reset.******

15. Problem: "World of Warcraft has stopped working." Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH. One solution from phyeuz: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=23844&start=10#p165976

16. Error 0xc0000005.
by TankingBear » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:06 pm

if you have AVG anti virus it's a common problem, you can type on google " Error 0xc0000005 AVG wow "
this error can happen after a simple update..

1. Open your AVG program.
2. From the Options menu select Advanced settings.
3. In the left pane select Exceptions.
4. In the right pane click Add exception.
5. In the drop-down menu please select the exception type.
6. Browse to the file, folder that you want to exclude (WoW.exe in this case )
7. Click OK to save details of the exception.
8. Click OK again to save the settings.

"If the solutions in this guide are unable to resolve your issues ask yourself "Am I running any background downloading app such as torrents?" If you have apps consuming lots of bandwidth this can cause connection problems. Please stop all downloads and try connecting again."

From Daemon:
You need to have a proper 1.12.1 client
Other versions are not supported (1.12.0 / 1.12.2 clients are kicked!)

In your "Data" folder, you should have exactly 2 files starting with "Patch*": Patch.MPQ and Patch-2.MPQ, else you may get disconnected.

Some private servers (Feenix for example) provide a modified client that can only connect to ONE private server. In that case, you need to download the real "WoW.exe" file (on Windows)

You need to be able to connect though the following TCP ports : 3724, 8000-8100. These ports are sometimes disabled when using public Wifi or professional networks. You can use a VPN to bypass this restriction.

by Snow240 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:36 pm

Another thing to note for Windows users is that the Nostalrius Installer's default install location C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft Classic will place some of its data in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft Classic which includes the Screenshots, WDB & WTF folder. Users that install to the root directory, another drive or their user folder should be unaffected by this.
Last edited by Diametra on Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:12 pm, edited 39 times in total.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Re: SOLUTIONS FOR CONNECT PROBLEMS, READ BEFORE YOU POST *st

by ogylol » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:11 pm

++++
Enable avatars already
ogylol
Private
Private

Re: SOLUTIONS FOR CONNECT PROBLEMS, READ BEFORE YOU POST

by Snow240 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:36 pm

Another thing to note for Windows users is that the Nostalrius Installer's default install location C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft Classic will place some of its data in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft Classic which includes the Screenshots, WDB & WTF folder. Users that install to the root directory, another drive or their user folder should be unaffected by this.
Snow240
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bonez666 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:01 pm

I just created an account but after the initial handshacking and etc. it says disconnected from server, any help would be much appreciated.
Bonez666
Tester

by Salpho » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:22 am

The last thing that you need to worry about is when you are logging on, the auto-log will suggest you the test server. Go and view other realms, and select Nostralius-PvP. And you should be fine after that.
Salpho
Tester

by blasfemur » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:40 am

I cant log in.....played just fine yesterday no problems...when I login...just says disconnected...help me out
blasfemur
Tester

by clarkys776 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:11 pm

Hey i hit accept on the auto test server thingy, how can i change that to connect to the other servers?
clarkys776
Tester

by clarkys776 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:12 pm

Salpho wrote:The last thing that you need to worry about is when you are logging on, the auto-log will suggest you the test server. Go and view other realms, and select Nostralius-PvP. And you should be fine after that.
="Clarkys776"] I hit accept on the auto server thingy how can i change that to connect to other servers?
clarkys776
Tester

by Garfunkel » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:42 am

clarkys776 wrote:Hey i hit accept on the auto test server thingy, how can i change that to connect to the other servers?

In the first post:

3. If you have altered your Config.wtf and do not wish to throw away the WTF folder, or if for some reason throwing it away does not re-prompt you, then open up Config.wtf with your simpletext program and edit the below lines to say exactly this:

SET realmName "Nostalrius Begins"
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by clarkys776 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:54 pm

Garfunkel wrote:
clarkys776 wrote:Hey i hit accept on the auto test server thingy, how can i change that to connect to the other servers?

In the first post:

SET realmName "Nostalrius Begins"

Still doesn't work to change the realm, even though i have changed the Config.wtf :S
clarkys776
Tester

Next

Return to Support