20-29 Thread

Re: 20-29 Thread

by stimz » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:37 am

Sham wrote:I played 29 orc hunter during TBC on Warsong but there was little competition in Ruin battlegroup. We dominated alliance all days long. If I knew about such premade battles on Tich, Id reroll instantly.

Yeah, 29s on bg9 were the shit. I missed most of early TBC due to getting sucked into 70 stuff but it went strong til WotLK, at which point 49s were imo better. Unless you enjoyed hunters with disengage and ms aimedahot.

I think Lloyd still has some arenas from TBC up, but I missed most of them cause I was chasing the dragon at max level.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LXNNbf2IhmM

Bunch of friendly arenas on his channel, but the 15v15 ab vids are forever lost :(

Edit: that vid is a pretty good illustration of why fury > arms at 29 btw
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by parmenides » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:26 pm

cool, stimz, I don't quite remember any of the opponents we faced. I thought Easy Company had twinks or Tussle or something. The name "Lloydganks" rings some bells, and so does his guild Hetero. Tich had a pvp reputation ("Tich is not for u") so we had a lot of good xfer pvp guilds come along and help make the community better. I played mainly at 70 on a rogue named Shindo and did a lot of arena there.

Pirate Life played twinks for months, maybe years, of it during TBC, then got to 49, which was also good (we had a good warlock in our group ,I think his name was Demonstar) and then ran Karazhans at 70, when all that gear was very bad. Never did arena at 29, just AB/WSG.
characters: Parmenides, Discern, Respeccing (TBC PTR)
parmenides
Grunt
Grunt

by stimz » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:03 pm

Hetero was mostly EC's twink guild. Didn't do that much 49s in vanilla, but i do remember azael and firecracker from 49s. Had a leveling holy pally for a bit, forgot name.

Who was your 29 btw?
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by parmenides » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:18 pm

29 UD priest was "Scarydastard" and orc hunter "Boomhs." I played it off and on when Pirate Life would be online, nothing serious, I doubt anyone would remember my presence there. I knew Pirate Life from Vanilla PVP grinding days -- I ranked up when they were <Bloodshot> and they had a few rank 14s and 13s, like Shaod, Hoangn, Neoo, Tholux (who was Shawtie), some whom would become Pirate Life.

At 29, I liked to just heal and dispel in the background. I watched some of your arena movies, and yeah, I wasn't as dedicated as that to 29. I didn't take it seriously (70 arena and PVE were my thing..) but still had a lot of fun against the twinks. I even think that EC invented that word "twink."

Here, i was playing a UD priest named "Parmenides" and a rogue named "Lessness". This server is really great compared to the other shit private realms I've floated around on. I had a few good battles against you and arborphilia, insanitty and schmucks, but again, we rarely won -- rarely had any twink backup lol. still fun.

I felt like i was playing too much so i'm taking a break. But i may play a little this weekend.
parmenides
Grunt
Grunt

by stimz » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:37 pm

Ah lessness, was asking your guildies if you quit when I was queueing on my horde priest. Anyway those arena vids were from Lloydganks pov (the other lloyd was someone subbing on his horde char) wasn't there for any of them.

Honestly, this is the first wow pserv ive tried and the first time ive even played wow since mid wotlk. To me its a bit disappointing given the player count and lack of interest in PvP in pretty much all brackets. Also wish they kept talents and content patches synced. I was really looking forward to 21-30 ret with 100% soc damage and vengeance again, good times those were.

Anyway gonna be compless til my order arrives or I cave and buy some temp parts to get my old comp running til it does. After that we should setup some 29 channels to organize some games.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by parmenides » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:43 pm

This server actually has a lot of interest compared to, again, the other private realms. Like on feenix or molten, you'd be lucky to have even 5 players between 20-29 queue for a BG on both sides. You'd be fortunate to bump into a player in a zone while you were leveling. Was really shitty. Here, it's atleast some fun, and between BGs, i liked to pvp in hillsbrad, or camp roads in Ashenvale. I'd always have something to do here on a 29. And I think the PVP community could grow here, its still a very "new" server.
parmenides
Grunt
Grunt

by Creedx » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:22 pm

Was out for 3 weeks. I wanted go online few day ago, but did not have enough nerve's with so many dc's. But nonetheless I was online today. Won 5 bg's and tired. Ally's still like to leave bg's, like to lose bg's in grp better than the horde, etc. Nothing has changed. I think I'll be back when GM's will add awards for bg's rep.
Creedq (29 twink rogue)
Creedx
Grunt
Grunt

by Shmuck » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:08 pm

Creedx wrote:Was out for 3 weeks. I wanted go online few day ago, but did not have enough nerve's with so many dc's. But nonetheless I was online today. Won 5 bg's and tired. Ally's still like to leave bg's, like to lose bg's in grp better than the horde, etc. Nothing has changed. I think I'll be back when GM's will add awards for bg's rep.

I think this is due in large part to the US/EU split. I know when i play during US peek hours ally are rolling and I've heard from many that Horde are stronger during EU peek hours. Without any serious discussions and actually setting up some sort of premade groups this is going to continue to happen.
Shmuckumpoo level 39 Gnome Rogue
Mumlock level 29 Gnome Warlock
Dyel level 29 Human Paladin
Guild Master of <Almost Thirty>
Shmuck
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by durabigael » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:23 pm

The new generation of Horde lv 29 seem like a bunch of dick (one dick and other approved) , Go alliance Go!

I hate leveling and after leveling Xartin to lv 35 , (god its painful) i needed my pvp dose.
I decided to log on my wife priest because she is still level 29 , and i figure a Holy Priest all geared cannot be bad in bg.

Well as soon as I enter the score was already 1-0 for the alliance, Alliance were pummeling the horde near their GY. Well i started to heal and we were able to push them off. We are now midfield I am half mana , maybe 1200 , when I start getting insulted by Douchi the douhe priest. Telling me to buff everyone. Alliance are coming our way so i said NO. (Fortitude cost 400 mana , i have 1200 left) So he start insulting me telling that i was bad , i should not do bg , i suck but he was a pro , etc .......

Yeah right ..... I wish i was still in the level 29 bracket with all the people i played with to make his mouth shut.

I enjoyed playing with you guys (with or against) and i even saw alliance that i didnt attack in the outside world. If i saw you in bg and played a lot against you there a good chance i will not attack you in the world. (Peddlefeet is one of the name it come to my mind)

Can i ask you alliance to kill Douchie the Douche on sight in BG , i cannot wait for him to decide to switch bracket so i can see him on my character. ( I m looking at you Smuck)

Both side (specially horde) need more healer. And insulting your healer in BG because he dont give fortitude to the whole team is plain stupid. At 400 Mana don t expect ANY priest to buff the whole team in the middle of the battleground. And if they do they are idiot (probably you are because u r playing priest also). And even if i was not Insanitty i have a feeling that alliance didnt like me much in BG. I m not the best , but i m good.

Cannot wait to see how small you gonna feel in BG when you will queue with 6-7 of us.His elitist attitude was toxic , and putting me on ignore after getting insulted .... Anyway he is a bg player and since we plan to grind till exalted before we reach lv 50 I suppose we will see him a lot.

Xartin & Xalys
durabigael
Sergeant
Sergeant

by kuurtzen » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:54 pm

>Douchie the Douche

undead priest? I think that guy is an alliance spy
kuurtzen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext