Grunt
Grunt

Re: Who would win

by stimz » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:43 am

coupdegrace wrote:
slipry wrote:just better
ele shaman > freedom + kings

haha thats cute

won't be once spell power creep kicks in, starting at AQ40.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Datruth » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:07 pm

stimz wrote:
coupdegrace wrote:

haha thats cute

won't be once spell power creep kicks in, starting at AQ40.

Ye it's gonna be glorious for PoM pyro mages.
Datruth
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by RoorTheGod » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:01 pm

Brace yourselves for the necro of a lifetime. I hear about some new Nost server hype and come to the forums to see some neckbeards throwing my glorious name around.

Are you guys ready for the fully unbiased story of the early-Nost premades? I know slipry won't be xD

The first alliance premades were ran by <NOPE> players and absolutely stomped the horde. There is no denying that. However, once the key <NOPE> members left, so did the yung carry. Unfortunately for many alliance players, they didn't realize that they were being carried by the <NOPE> members, so when our 5-minute wins started turning into 40-minute wins they raged and blamed anyone who wasn't in their inner circle.

Now for some of the people who have posted here I can provide some inside intel on:

Juddy- Very good player, probably the only person in the "2nd premade" that wasn't actually carried by the OG <NOPE> members. However, he couldn't take challenges very well. As soon as our premade didn't perform the way he wanted it to, he would abandon his friends and guildies that he promised to help grind honor, which speaks a lot about character. To the best of my knowledge Juddy did not dodge at all in order to get his Nost rank, and if he did, it was after he secured his rank and he was only helping friends.

Vathdaar- Very good hunter good luck catching him. Also, he is one of the original NOPE guys that were carrying others such as Slipry. Only played with him a few times since he secured his rank before i joined the premade, pretty sure he has never dodged.

Slipry- Oh hes gonna hate me for this one lol. After Juddy abandoned slipry during his final 1-2 weeks because of lack of character, Slipry 100% dodged to get his rank. The russian and Noggen premades were closing in quickly, and he knew it. We knew we could still win 99% of our games, they just took so long. So yes, Slipry did 100% dodge for his Nost rank, and I know this because I was there with him dodging too xD

As for myself, I hadn't played a paladin since orginal TBC, and I hadn't played vanilla wow since the original. I have an actual life so grinding out a PvP rank was a one-time thing for me since this was over the Summer and I was in college at the time. I know I'm not the best in the world, but I also know I'm not scrubberino. Multiple times I had juddy slobbing on me for repicking a dropped flag, but hey, they needed someone to blame in the end.

tl;dr <NOPE> carried orginial premade, slipry and 99% of the second premade dodged for their Nost ranks, insert rage below please :D
RoorTheGod
Tester

by Dodgemade » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:51 pm

Well there should be some new players around when Nost comes back up. Hopefully they make the premade and ranking scene fun and exciting.
Dodgemade
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Gucci » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:29 pm

So this dodge inst just a meme, akward :)
Everyone wanna know about me! "Guccicookie" Thx for the name change :(
Gucci
Sergeant
Sergeant

by slayde » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:02 pm

Roor smells funny.
<Echo> Guild Leader
www.echo-guild.com
slayde
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Sevvy » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:24 pm

*Talks shit about dodgers for months*
*Dodges*

Slipry, the toxic festering anus.
Sevvy - Gnome Warrior

Nice weapon chain, shitter.
Sevvy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by RoorTheGod » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:16 am

Sevvy wrote:*Talks shit about dodgers for months*
*Dodges*

Slipry, the toxic festering anus.

Actually its the other way around. If the dates are correct, this thread was created ~4 months after we were done ranking.

So it goes:
*dodge*
*talk shit about dodgers for months*

Don't get me wrong though, I don't even dislike Slipry, hes a pretty funny dude in VOIP. I just figured some ego checks/actual facts were necessary before New Nost. Hope everyone enjoys it :mrgreen:
RoorTheGod
Tester

by randomguy » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:57 am

Oh wow.. here we go.

I`m not gonna compare shaman to paladin, both are insanely great but since I have been vanilla paladin for a long time let me clarify some basic things about paladins.

1) BoF really is great, as you said.
2) BoK/BoM/BoW are insane buffs, and I`m not talking 15min buff before BG, I`m talking 5min buffs that cost 150 or so mana. You BoK fc, BoM melee if you are going for efc etc.. Most paladins are so stupid they don`t even do that.
3) BoP. BoP has 3min CD but it`s still one of the greatest spells to have before that WSG mid clash or AB BS 1st clash etc. Also breaks sap and few other minor melee CCs.
4) Bubble, pretty obvious but most paladins just use it in retarded situations like to survive 10 enemies for 12 seconds and then die like a retard afterwards. Bubble is insane in previously mentioned WSG mid clash and AB flags.
5) BoSac, literally one of the greatest spells there is. If you are support, you can`t get CCd, combine that with conc aura and spam heal your allies a second later.
6) Auras: resistance auras are great for support or if you FC(which I like to do a lot)/conc aura (no pushback).. no comment.
7) Cleanse. oh men.. is that spell the best spell ingame or what??? 120 mana (95 when aq comes) and removes poision/magic/disease(not many ingame but still) in 1 click.. of course it`s defensive only and removes only 1 magic but it`s enough to break CC but the greatest thing about it poision remove. You can dispel blind (oh and as dwarf you can stoneform it urself, too bad most pallies are human), viper stings off your mages/priests/hunters, I literally never see ppl doing that cuz you know.. all I care about is my mana..
8) Plate gear/shield/stamina if we are talking about r13/t2 gear here. That`s around 4,5k unbuffed with at least 8k armor, making us pretty much tanks against melees, obviously we don`t have a single fucking advantage over casters..
9) HoJ stun. Best stun in vanilla PvP, yes it has 45 (or 35 with gear) sec CD and yes, it can be dispelled (in horde case by priest only) but it`s instant 6sec stun from decent range and barely costs mana.
10) As far as healing goes, come on dude, its not that bad, what are you talking about? Priests ofc are slightly better cuz of bubble but you can`t say paladin heals are shit.
11) Honorable mentions: consecration r1 for stealth detection, lay on hands for some superimportant situations(ofc in most cases wasted to get away from 10 horde and die 3 seconds later). When AQ hits, t2 will have spd, with shock crit/hammer/judgement you can do pretty decent burst, you can`t deny that.

Pretty sure I missed something but hope you get the point. I bet all the paladins you played with were pretty average.
randomguy
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Player Vs Player