slipry wrote:just better
ele shaman > freedom + kings
Oh wow.. here we go.
I`m not gonna compare shaman to paladin, both are insanely great but since I have been vanilla paladin for a long time let me clarify some basic things about paladins.
1) BoF really is great, as you said.
2) BoK/BoM/BoW are insane buffs, and I`m not talking 15min buff before BG, I`m talking 5min buffs that cost 150 or so mana. You BoK fc, BoM melee if you are going for efc etc.. Most paladins are so stupid they don`t even do that.
3) BoP. BoP has 3min CD but it`s still one of the greatest spells to have before that WSG mid clash or AB BS 1st clash etc. Also breaks sap and few other minor melee CCs.
4) Bubble, pretty obvious but most paladins just use it in retarded situations like to survive 10 enemies for 12 seconds and then die like a retard afterwards. Bubble is insane in previously mentioned WSG mid clash and AB flags.
5) BoSac, literally one of the greatest spells there is. If you are support, you can`t get CCd, combine that with conc aura and spam heal your allies a second later.
6) Auras: resistance auras are great for support or if you FC(which I like to do a lot)/conc aura (no pushback).. no comment.
7) Cleanse. oh men.. is that spell the best spell ingame or what??? 120 mana (95 when aq comes) and removes poision/magic/disease(not many ingame but still) in 1 click.. of course it`s defensive only and removes only 1 magic but it`s enough to break CC but the greatest thing about it poision remove. You can dispel blind (oh and as dwarf you can stoneform it urself, too bad most pallies are human), viper stings off your mages/priests/hunters, I literally never see ppl doing that cuz you know.. all I care about is my mana..
8) Plate gear/shield/stamina if we are talking about r13/t2 gear here. That`s around 4,5k unbuffed with at least 8k armor, making us pretty much tanks against melees, obviously we don`t have a single fucking advantage over casters..
9) HoJ stun. Best stun in vanilla PvP, yes it has 45 (or 35 with gear) sec CD and yes, it can be dispelled (in horde case by priest only) but it`s instant 6sec stun from decent range and barely costs mana.
10) As far as healing goes, come on dude, its not that bad, what are you talking about? Priests ofc are slightly better cuz of bubble but you can`t say paladin heals are shit.
11) Honorable mentions: consecration r1 for stealth detection, lay on hands for some superimportant situations(ofc in most cases wasted to get away from 10 horde and die 3 seconds later). When AQ hits, t2 will have spd, with shock crit/hammer/judgement you can do pretty decent burst, you can`t deny that.
Pretty sure I missed something but hope you get the point. I bet all the paladins you played with were pretty average.