Increase the speed of spawning at launch

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Increase the speed of spawning at launch

by Ike » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:30 pm

mrmr wrote:Changing the spawn isnt' a fast&simple task.

Not worth imo, for a week only.

It is!

1. Make a backup of your current creature table
2. Execute: "UPDATE creature SET spawntimesecs = 30;"

This will set every creatures respawn time to 30 seconds. In order to do it just for a selected range of creatures do this instead of step 2:
Execute "UPDATE creature SET spawntimesecs = 30 WHERE guid IN(x, y, ...);"
Instead of x and y you fill in as many guids (each npc has it's own guid) as you want and that's it.
You can even do this via ingame commands iirc.

How to undo it:
1. Use the backup created in #1
2. ???
3. Done

So it's not a fast & simple task isn't an argument.
Ike
Sergeant
Sergeant

by mrmr » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:35 pm

They should really hire you for the task then.

P.S.
I bet they already know "how to do it" and if they are not going to do it, they have their reasons.
I'm not root of myself.
mrmr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Qxz » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:38 pm

SERVER 1.12 TALENTS & SPELLS
ITEMS 1.4
PRE NERF AV

and you guys still argumenting with "its not blizzlike" XDDXDXD U GUYS HAVE BRAIN ISSUES
Qxz
Private
Private

by Ike » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:51 pm

mrmr wrote:They should really hire you for the task then.

P.S.
I bet they already know "how to do it" and if they are not going to do it, they have their reasons.

Vidi veni vici. Have a nice day. :)

Qxz wrote:SERVER 1.12 TALENTS & SPELLS
ITEMS 1.4
PRE NERF AV

and you guys still argumenting with "its not blizzlike" XDDXDXD U GUYS HAVE BRAIN ISSUES

In addition to that the term "blizzlike" isn't even properly defined and could therefore mean anything and nothing. It's just a buzzword people that are unable to make a point use in order to accomplish their selfish ideas of how the game should and shouldn't be. So yeah, that's that.
Ike
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Guirssane » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:00 pm

I don't get how It will improve anything at launch, if you need a certain mob/quest just group up with people that doing it too and that's fine. Why do you want that exactly? can't remember everything of what you said and i'm lazy.
Guirssane
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ike » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:23 pm

Guirssane wrote:I don't get how It will improve anything at launch, if you need a certain mob/quest just group up with people that doing it too and that's fine. Why do you want that exactly? can't remember everything of what you said and i'm lazy.

That's pretty simple. Consider the following scenario:

Lets say there will be 3000 players on launch and all of them spread evenly on all 6 starting areas for a net total of 500 players in each area. Now in each area there is at least one (1) quest that requires you to kill a single named mob in order to progress. Lets say that mob is Meven Korgal from the Undead starting area with a 5 minute respawn timer. So even after every one of the 500 players join a group, this will still leave you with 100 groups trying to kill this singular mob which will take 500 minutes (8.3 hours) just waiting for respawn.
This is just stupid and will get rid of a great deal of players just after launch, given the hype is big enough (and it seems like it is)! Increasing the speed at which these npcs would spawn will greatly reduce this bottleneck!
Now whether or not the server will reach 3000 players or not doesn't matter. Do the math yourself and you'll see that at even lower numbers the waiting time is still just awful!
Ike
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Guirssane » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:33 pm

Ike wrote:
Guirssane wrote:I don't get how It will improve anything at launch, if you need a certain mob/quest just group up with people that doing it too and that's fine. Why do you want that exactly? can't remember everything of what you said and i'm lazy.

That's pretty simple. Consider the following scenario:

Lets say there will be 3000 players on launch and all of them spread evenly on all 6 starting areas for a net total of 500 players in each area. Now in each area there is at least one (1) quest that requires you to kill a single named mob in order to progress. Lets say that mob is Meven Korgal from the Undead starting area with a 5 minute respawn timer. So even after every one of the 500 players join a group, this will still leave you with 100 groups trying to kill this singular mob which will take 500 minutes (8.3 hours) just waiting for respawn.
This is just stupid and will get rid of a great deal of players just after launch, given the hype is big enough (and it seems like it is)! Increasing the speed at which these npcs would spawn will greatly reduce this bottleneck!
Now whether or not the server will reach 3000 players or not doesn't matter. Do the math yourself and you'll see that at even lower numbers the waiting time is still just awful!

don't do the quest that require killing one mob specificly and move on
Guirssane
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ike » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:35 pm

You could do that, but that snowballs fairly quick (especially since there are more quests like that in each area) and that will lead to you having to grind exp in order to level up. And no, that is not okay.
Ike
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Youfie » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:37 pm

You can also just skip the quest. Grind a few mobs by yourself or whatever. It will be about getting by yourself without following the whole crowd to be able to level up faster. As far as I know none of the quests where you have to kill a named mob can prevent you from progressing otherwise.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Guirssane » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:40 pm

Ike wrote:You could do that, but that snowballs fairly quick (especially since there are more quests like that in each area) and that will lead to you having to grind exp in order to level up. And no, that is not okay.

you'll need to grind anyway for your mount and skill, so grinding here or here doesn't really matter because you'll have to at some point. (even if low level grinding isn't that effective than griding in higher zone but eh nvm.)
Also i'm pretty sure in vanilla, if you complete all quest in a zone you're still 1~ level below the next zone
Last edited by Guirssane on Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guirssane
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions