Increase the speed of spawning at launch

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Increase the speed of spawning at launch

by riq and snog » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:41 pm

How dare you suggest simple grinding to level... i want to do every durotar and barrensQQest...
riq and snog
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ike » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:22 pm

Youfie wrote:You can also just skip the quest. Grind a few mobs by yourself or whatever. It will be about getting by yourself without following the whole crowd to be able to level up faster. As far as I know none of the quests where you have to kill a named mob can prevent you from progressing otherwise.

Guirssane wrote:
Ike wrote:You could do that, but that snowballs fairly quick (especially since there are more quests like that in each area) and that will lead to you having to grind exp in order to level up. And no, that is not okay.

you'll need to grind anyway for your mount and skill, so grinding here or here doesn't really matter because you'll have to at some point. (even if low level grinding isn't that effective than griding in higher zone but eh nvm.)
Also i'm pretty sure in vanilla, if you complete all quest in a zone you're still 1~ level below the next zone

The whole named mob thing was just an example. We're talking starting zones here, there aren't a huge number of mobs around. Even your average wolf in Elwynn Forest doesn't come in huge enough numbers, if there are more than 5 people trying to kill them. This becomes an even bigger problem if people have to grind mobs in order to progress out of these zones, since there already aren't enough to begin with! This isn't a matter of ne not wanting to grind or anything else stupid like that, the whole zone will come to an halt, since it isn't designed to have such huge numbers of players in it!
Ike
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Guirssane » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:27 pm

aren't a huge number? cmon you must kidding me, they are mob everywhere in the starter zone, the only thing that could be annoying is the quest where you have to gather 10 shit on the floor.
It's gonna be fine, when ED released i had no problem doing quest and shit (as far as i remember) dw 'bout It.
Are you going to rush?
Guirssane
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Youfie » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:45 pm

Well, it's probably be crowded and everything, it's probably gonna be a pain in the ass to find the mobs and quest items, it will be tedious to escape from the crowds in order to grind mobs or whatever anyway, but ehe, it's a release, that's how it's supposed to be.

What's the point in putting every mob with an instant (or similar) respawn ?

Everyone will be able to rush faster, and we'll all loose the the feeling of Nostalrius release that could happen only once.

I mean come on, it's not a big deal. After the first six ours EU will slowly start to go to sleep, same for US players after about 12h after launch, and things will slowly work out by themselves.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Garfunkel » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:49 pm

Well, even if there are 3000 players - which I doubt but I guess it's possible - they will not log-on simultaneously at the moment the server starts. Nor will they all do the quests at the same time. The 1-5 areas will be terribly crowded, of course, but very soon after that things will start to pick-up and as Youfie said, EU players will start logging off fairly soon and Oceania/Asian players probably won't be present at launch in any great numbers. Hopefully as many people as possible will group up - I know I'll try - to make things easier as well. In any case, it's not quite as terrible as Ike makes it sound, though I agree it will be a problem.

Though I have to admit that I cannot really force myself to hate on this idea - having very quick spawns in the starter areas for the first weekend is not something that would kill my enjoyment the way a 2x EXP rate would. As long as it doesn't remain throughout the game.

Note, Horde Orc/Troll/Tauren players hunting Zhevra hoofs, Raptor heads and Tiger claws is going to be a hoot in any case! :lol:
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ivina » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:01 pm

I know the debate is closed, but just to give courage to those who fear the overcrowded zones: all you need is to group with 2-3 other players for quests.

It is actually a good thing if we are pushed toward social gaming :)
Ivina
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Szabinger » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:36 pm

There is nothing social in forcing people to group up, and leave as soon as it's not beneficial for them to stay anymore.
Szabinger
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Vaulken » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:10 pm

Quest in Mulgore, everyone hates Mulgore ergo no one will be there to steal your mobs.
Vaulken
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Simonich » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:19 pm

People will have to spread up and kill random NPCs across durotar for example, everywhere you go you will see players, seems better :D

Actually, whatever happens, I don't mind at all
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Stone » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:25 pm

Admins, please tell us what you think about it.
Stone
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions