Server Commencement

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Re: Server Commencement

by Avshar » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:26 am

releasing some kind of alpha/beta tryout would be a great idea i think ;)
...'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate...
Avshar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Weazool » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:33 am

Well, I for one am anxious to start playing :D and yes the PVP tryout mentioned is a really good idea.
Weazool
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Cloud » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:04 pm

apollan wrote:
Sélenne wrote:It would have been great to open Dev Server for like 3 days to promote scripts.

For 3 days people would have been able to test dungeons, pathfinding, raids etc

That'd be a great idea, a promotional weekend. Open an instant 60 test realm and give everyone d1 and we could test the content out. This would really attract the ex-Rebirth players as they're currently looking for somewhere decent to play, and if they see the quality of scripting, they'll be itching to play here. Could even go further and target other pservers / retail players.

+1 ! :D
Cloud
Grunt
Grunt

by Envy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:20 pm

The more you wait, the riskier it gets.
It would be a good idea to start telling the players... anything ?

I've watched the progression for a few weeks now and I must say, your way of doing things is really dangerous. People don't like to wait for things eternally.

Saying "we won't say anything until some day" is bad communication. If you really want people on your server, talk about it, it's the best way.
Envy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hatson » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:27 pm

Envy, they've already sent out a newsletter recently to the people that actually subscribed to it on their main website. And in there they announced a PvP beta test for us in December to test out all their BGs, including their blizzlike AV, on level 60s.
They are communicating. In fact they communicate more here on the forums than any other private server devs I've ever seen.
And every time it's regarding questions about the server, and every single reply so far has sided on the right side imo, instead of breaking down to people whining about implementing something that a lot of people would, or would not want. And so far, for me, the devs have always been on the right side, so I have huge faith in their judgement on the server now.

And again, they're communicating quite a lot with us. It's just that not every single message is going to be about "announcing server release", because there's only gonna be one bloody post that will ever do that.
And they've even been updating their timeline FAQ frequently lately with new info regarding their pre-patch 1.6 PvP item set stats prior to BWL release. Which was a requested topic of discussion by the very people on this forum. In fact there were 3 total topics about it. And the devs responded with their official announcement and development action on that within a few days of asking.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Envy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:36 pm

Well it's good to read, however I still think the main info should be present here on the forum and not only to those who subscribed (many of us use mailboxes as work tools and don't subscribe to anything because of the possible spams.)
I'm not the only in that case and I still think that waiting too much might hurt a lot.

You've got to be very careful here, that's all I'm saying, and giving the info both in the newsletter and on the forum might be a good thing too. In any case I'll wait. I'm not criticizing, merely expressing my opinion.
Envy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hatson » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:49 pm

I agree that of course, waiting too long would be bad for everyone involved. And that they should also announce the PvP test on the forums in an official topic post by themselves as well.
Yes, they could be more "frequently clairvoyant" - However, I feel so far that they've been quite robust and decisive in their replies and statements of development on the content of the server here in these forums, be it their official announcement threads or replies in other threads.

And they are taking into factor some of our feedback. A good example was when the topic regarding pre 1.6 BWL PvP items came up, and they announced that before BWL, the PvP sets would indeed have the older pre-buff stats on them like on vanilla retail.
But they also said in that announcement that R14 weapons would not be open for purchase till after 1.6 BWL release, but then we made another thread, specifically regarding that, and the old stats of the R14 weapons, and some very helpful people such as Askental had all the data on the old statistics of the R14 weapons pre 1.6 BWL patch. The devs might have known of it already, but now everyone knew for sure.
And shortly after that, they announced that the R14 weapons would be available on release with their old stats.

So if anything, I think their communication and responses are good.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Envy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:17 pm

Yeah I've seen this example even though I wasn't writing at the time, I just recently decided to really give it a shot and I'm a guy who thinks that there is always room for improvement. So as much as I notice the good stuff, I can't help but talk about what I think might be done differently, in a better way.

The purpose is not to blame, but to try and help make things better.
Envy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by erifornia » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:40 pm

+1 Envy
I think it'd be great to post all the good stuff you listed here on the front page, so that people who aren't that curious about the server could be more attracted. Hiding infos in the newsletter or the forum isn't a good thing imo, the server isn't meant to have only huge tryhard fans logging in at it's release.
erifornia
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Suggestions