Auto Unstuck

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Auto Unstuck

by Strife » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:34 pm

A great convenience on other servers, you can keep using auto-unstuck every 5 minutes or so to return to your bind location. Makes travel trivial and nobody complains about it because it gets people to where they want to be faster, but its another left over thing in mangos like the summoning stones (which did not make portals in vanilla) which I would like to see fixed.
Strife
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Auto Unstuck

by Youfie » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:37 pm

+1
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Aquane » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:27 pm

yes please fix autounstuck so people can't use it as a second hearthstone

maybe force a hearthstone cooldown when you use this
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Death » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:32 pm

I've reported this during the tests. No idea if they have done something with it.
But didn't your character just pop 5 meters to the front instead of teleporting to your home town?
Death
Grunt
Grunt

by Aquane » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:45 pm

Death wrote:I've reported this during the tests. No idea if they have done something with it.
But didn't your character just pop 5 meters to the front instead of teleporting to your home town?

that would be pretty useful if they did that, then they wouldn't have to use a hearthstone function and it could be unbound from the hearthstone cooldown
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Hatson » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:58 pm

Death wrote:But didn't your character just pop 5 meters to the front instead of teleporting to your home town?

It did, but they'd have to script that somehow, I'd imagine?
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Askental » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:16 pm

Hatson wrote:
Death wrote:But didn't your character just pop 5 meters to the front instead of teleporting to your home town?

It did, but they'd have to script that somehow, I'd imagine?

Yes, but it was a bit more complicated than that. It does try to teleport you a short distance, not always in front of you, but mostly away from objects or terrain too steep. Or, you could also be teleported back home if there is no way to move your character, like if you fell in a really small spot, even if the hearthstone is on cooldown. I believe this is the default behavior because the first part of the function is absent...
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by DrunkenEnvy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:32 pm

In 1.12, the auto unstuck feature should only hearth you if you own a hearthstone (bank/inventory), and it's not on cooldown; otherwise, it should do nothing (usually), or teleport you a few steps in a direction that's determined with mechanics of which I have no understanding. If you don't own a hearthstone, it shouldn't hearth you at all.

To my understanding, the unstuck abuse occurred between 2.0.1, and 2.0.12 (December 2006>April 2007)
DrunkenEnvy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ShounenJump » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:23 pm

Can't unstuck just send you to nearby graveyard instead Hearthstone location?
Lastly, is there a need for an unstuck in Nostalrius?
"Imprisoned for ten thousand years. Banished from my own homeland. And now you dare enter my realm? You are not prepared..."
-Illidan Stormrage
ShounenJump
Grunt
Grunt

by Askental » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:13 am

The map being the same, it is a necessary feature. Teleporting to a nearby graveyard would be a good way to prevent the "second hearthstone" thing, but I'm sure people would still use it to travel faster in zones like the barrens while leveling. :D Only way to prevent abuse is to implement the correct behavior, as the player must actually be stuck to get teleported...
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Suggestions