Rank 14 weapons

We are always open to new ideas. Come here if you have a suggestion, we will discuss it together.

Rank 14 weapons

by cardk » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:55 pm

Hi,

I just read your new post in the "Announcements" section: You say that rank 14 weapons won't be added before BWL is cleared, yet rank 14 weapons were added, with lesser stats, in patch 1.4.0. BWL was added in patch 1.6.0.

Since you say you're going to implement the rest of the pvp gear, with lesser stats, why can't you implement the rank 14 weapons pre-buff aswell? It's confusing that you choose to let some items pass, but not all?

I think it's great that you found the data of the pre-buff sets, but implement the bloody weapons along with the rest, else it just doesn't make any sense :)

- Raazi
No member ever downed a raid boss, by dying for his guild. He killed the raid boss, by DPS'ing it down to zero.

- Mute
cardk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Rank 14 weapons

by Hatson » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:06 pm

Of course everyone would love to see that, but where do you get the data for the old version of the R14 weapons?
If you know where, please, do share.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Youfie » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:57 pm

I'm not really sure, but are there even several versions of the R14 wep ? I can't remember and I can't look it up right now, but the weapons having been implemented later that the rest of the gear, are we sure they ever been upgraded ?

Anyway, an useful clarification would be to know if :
- R14 won't be attainable prior to Nefarian's demise
- R14 will be attainable before BWL is cleared but the weapons won't be purchasable (or it would be possible to acquire them but not to equip them) ; however they'll be buyable / equipable after Nefarian's death by any player who is R14 or has ever been

It's all details, but PvP boys could be interested in that information.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Hatson » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:09 pm

Youfie wrote:however they'll be buyable / equipable after Nefarian's death by any player who is R14 or has ever been
It's all details, but PvP boys could be interested in that information.

Are you sure about that you'll be able to purchase the R14 weapons on their release, if you have ever achieved R14 before? Even though you might then at the time of purchase, be, let's say, R10.

Is this confirmed? Maybe I missed it.
But this factor here is also relevant on that discussion: http://puu.sh/cYCHI/7b300f9604.png
After 1.7 it was no longer possible to do it. You had to be the required rank at the time of purchase for whatever PvP gear you bought.
But seeing as BWL is 1.6 - It makes sense that previously earned R14's here on Nostalrius could buy the R14 weapons on their release. As it was possible in that patch at retail vanilla times.

But still, patch 1.7 did change that forever afterwards.
The White Blacksmith.
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Germaine » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:48 pm

As far I can remember, R14 weapons were available with Honor System release, even if the R14 had been updated later with Spellbook, Offhands etc...

Someone from my former server reached 2 times R14 (yeah 2 times with 1+ month between each promotion !) to swap his Staff for 1hand + speelbook.
Germaine.
Former dwarven female rogue Silente ²
Germaine
Tester

by Youfie » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:10 pm

No, I have no idea how it will be, it was just an hypothesis.

However, if I remember correctly, at the very beginning of the PvP system, there was some kind of sick limitation, like you had to keep the appropriate rank in order to be able to equip the gear that you bought, right ?

Honor system reward items with a rank requirement will now require a lifetime "highest rank" of that rank, rather than requiring the character to currently have the required rank

Patch 1.6 changed that, so that you only needed to have reached the rank atsome point to be able to equip the gear. And the patch 1.7 that you quote came afterwards. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I do think there was some kind of SICK limitations like that, that was shortly removed by Blizzard.

I'm not too sure.

Anyway, my original question was just to know if a player could farm entirely his R14 wep before BWL is cleared and then just equip them, or if the rank itself will be just locked.

(coucou Germaine <3)
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by cardk » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:40 pm

but are there even several versions of the R14 wep

Grand Marshal's Claymore
Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Updated with improved statistics and new unique art.
Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Added.
No member ever downed a raid boss, by dying for his guild. He killed the raid boss, by DPS'ing it down to zero.

- Mute
cardk
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Askental » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:15 pm

Youfie wrote:No, I have no idea how it will be, it was just an hypothesis.

However, if I remember correctly, at the very beginning of the PvP system, there was some kind of sick limitation, like you had to keep the appropriate rank in order to be able to equip the gear that you bought, right ?

Honor system reward items with a rank requirement will now require a lifetime "highest rank" of that rank, rather than requiring the character to currently have the required rank

Patch 1.6 changed that, so that you only needed to have reached the rank atsome point to be able to equip the gear. And the patch 1.7 that you quote came afterwards. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I do think there was some kind of SICK limitations like that, that was shortly removed by Blizzard.

I'm not too sure.

Anyway, my original question was just to know if a player could farm entirely his R14 wep before BWL is cleared and then just equip them, or if the rank itself will be just locked.

(coucou Germaine <3)

Yes it was like that for a little while, as your quote says. We had a guy on my server whose only mount was the R11 Kodo, I think he deleted the slow one when he got the epic, and he lost it during a raid on Astranaar due to some people killing civilians in the raid group, bringing him back to R10.

Needless to say this is not desirable in any way and I really hope we won't jump all the way back to such primitive game design. This is still a 1.12 server, rite?
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Askental » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:32 pm

Hatson wrote:Of course everyone would love to see that, but where do you get the data for the old version of the R14 weapons?

Right here m8: https://web.archive.org/web/20050507045 ... apons.html
Then use view source and Ctrl F to find the stats... (the javascript is broken)

1H weapons:

High Warlord's Cleaver
One-Hand
Axe
115-173 Damage
Speed 2.90
(49.7 damage per second)
+6 Stamina
Requires Level 60
Requires High Warlord
Equip: Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 1%.
Equip: +12 Attack Power.

2H Weapons:

High Warlord's Greatsword
Two-Hand
Sword
196-295 Damage
Speed 3.80
(64.6 damage per second)
+20 Strength
+36 Stamina
Requires Level 60
Requires High Warlord
Equip: Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 1%.

Ranged:

High Warlord's Street Sweeper
Ranged
Bow (lel it's supposed to be the gun)
90-135 Damage
Speed 2.90
(38.8 damage per second)
Requires Level 60
Requires High Warlord
Equip: +26 ranged Attack Power.

Shield:

High Warlord's Shield Wall
Off Hand
Shield
2468 Armor
+7 Strength
+18 Stamina
Requires Level 60
Requires High Warlord
Equip: When struck in combat has a 5% chance of inflicting 35 to 65 Nature damage to the attacker.

Silly casters:

High Warlord's War Staff
Two-Hand
Staff
125-203 Damage
Speed 3.00
(54.7 damage per second)
+36 Stamina
+20 Intellect
+15 Spirit
Requires Level 60
Requires High Warlord
Equip: Increases damage and healing done by magical spells and effects by up to 44.
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Hatson » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:58 pm

Askental wrote:
Hatson wrote:Of course everyone would love to see that, but where do you get the data for the old version of the R14 weapons?

Right here m8: https://web.archive.org/web/20050507045 ... apons.html
Then use view source and Ctrl F to find the stats... (the javascript is broken)

Oh, wow. that web archive just blasted my brain way too far to the past. Holy crap. Great find! :D

Well, that's definitely the old stats for the R14 weapons then. I wonder if the devs decide to have these obtainable prior to BWL or not.
The White Blacksmith.
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Suggestions